• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Humming, drone after 80mph questions

csolas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hello good folks,

Just got my 2024 GT PP MT82 last saturday and I am in love. I am coming from a 2022 GT PP MT82 that did not make this noise and I wanted to get your input to see if anyone out there feels the same way and if you think is normal.

When going above 81mph no matter what gear or neutral the car immediately starts making a noticeable hum or drone coming from what i feel is rear passenger side. It is a constant humming unless you dip right below 81mph. The car does no exhibit any abnormal vibration is just the noise, perhaps is a new aerodynamic thing i am not sure. reaching out to see if you feel it.

thank you!
Sponsored

Illini4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2017 Mustang GT
My 2024 GT has an intermittant pulsating sound below 70 MPH similar to that of a subwoofer. I've removed the subwoofer and it's still there. Factory service rep to check it out next week.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hello good folks,

Just got my 2024 GT PP MT82 last saturday and I am in love. I am coming from a 2022 GT PP MT82 that did not make this noise and I wanted to get your input to see if anyone out there feels the same way and if you think is normal.

When going above 81mph no matter what gear or neutral the car immediately starts making a noticeable hum or drone coming from what i feel is rear passenger side. It is a constant humming unless you dip right below 81mph. The car does no exhibit any abnormal vibration is just the noise, perhaps is a new aerodynamic thing i am not sure. reaching out to see if you feel it.

thank you!
Hi there! If you would like assistance with your noise concern, please send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info.
Sponsored