• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How to determine software version?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
This along with all the data that Ford is collecting and potentially selling, does not instil a lot of confidence in their security and privacy policies.
People eat KFC chicken and love it, but they don't know the 11 herbs and spices that make up the seasoning.

TBH, you're overthinking this.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
That's a Power-Up Update version, which is a collection of updates to various modules, not just a single "version update" that gives you something.

As I already mentioned, not every update will increase THAT number, either. You could get an update that applies to various modules, but your version stays at 6.3.2.

You're not going to SEE that version number on the touch screen.

See the spreadsheet that @rugedraw attached to in the first post in this thread.
Where did the picture that I posted previously come from?

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...d-classic-gauge-digital-cluster-theme.160958/

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4; 1990 Mustang 5.0 coupe
This along with all the data that Ford is collecting and potentially selling, does not instil a lot of confidence in their security and privacy policies.
Assuming these cars are similar to the other connected Ford vehicles, you can navigate to a settings menu where you can pick and choose what kind of data you share with Ford. I have certain ones turned off that I don't feel are necessary. All the ones associated with the vehicle itself I have on. With the VIN, I am able to check what codes my truck is reporting to the cloud and allows me to easily pin-point issues.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Assuming these cars are similar to the other connected Ford vehicles, you can navigate to a settings menu where you can pick and choose what kind of data you share with Ford. I have certain ones turned off that I don't feel are necessary. All the ones associated with the vehicle itself I have on. With the VIN, I am able to check what codes my truck is reporting to the cloud and allows me to easily pin-point issues.
Correct. But, @DCS, keep in mind that some features and functionality of the car will only work if certain data is being shared.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's in the posted link
Brother, there are five pages of posts in that link, and I gave up fishing a long time ago ... :crackup:

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^That's from the Fordpass app on your phone. Look under Account / Message Center to see historical messages, including those.

If/When a Power-Up update completes, you may or may not get one of those in the app. Note that it's same info you get on the screen immediately after the update.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^That's from the Fordpass app on your phone.
Not on MY phone! I cannot see anything about updates other than instructions on how to set them up.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What I see in FordPass.

S650 Mustang How to determine software version? IMG_2095.PNG

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not on MY phone! I cannot see anything about updates other than instructions on how to set them up.
I didn't mean you, YOU. I meant, "That's what you see when using the Fordpass app on A phone."

If your Fordpass is set up correctly and associated with your car: On the main page, click "Message Center". You'll see messages for any Power-Up update that has been applied since you set up Fordpass and connected your Mustang.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People eat KFC chicken and love it, but they don't know the 11 herbs and spices that make up the seasoning.

TBH, you're overthinking this.
Again, not really.

There are a few minor issues I am having with my car that are "intermittent". These are all under software/hardware control. If they don't get fixed soon, I'll probably talk to the dealer and put in a request in this forum to get this bug fixed.
If I know what updates have been done and what fixes have been implement, I am more in the loop.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again, not really.

There are a few minor issues I am having with my car that are "intermittent". These are all under software/hardware control. If they don't get fixed soon, I'll probably talk to the dealer and put in a request in this forum to get this bug fixed.
If I know what updates have been done and what fixes have been implement, I am more in the loop.
You can't bring your car in and just say, "Apply updates X, Y and Z". That's not how it works. The ONLY way a dealer apply an update for a specific module(s) -- not the whole Power-Up Update, but for specific modules - is (a) if you're having a problem with something and (b) if they get approved to fix the issue under warranty. Otherwise, they will tell you to pound sand and wait for the OTA.
Sponsored