• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How many are regretting

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
To me, that would be very dangerous, very seldom do I take my foot off the clutch and put it in neutral once in a blue moon. I don’t see how they think it saves on gas when it starts and stops even when you’re just sitting there after awhile. starting and stopping uses just as much gas. I think the rev does too, when you have that on and your’e downshifting
Yea, they might introduce skip shift later on too which would make you go from 1st to 3rd or 4th or however they want to program it really. I would absolutely despise either feature ( auto start/stop or skip shift ) on a manual and it could get both down the road. I have a gas getter for my daily driver. I didn't buy a near 500 horsepower Mustang convertible to save gas. I drive it sparingly when the weather is nice just to have fun. I don't need the government along for the ride. A Mustang is about freedom!
Sponsored

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Yea, they might introduce skip shift later on too which would make you go from 1st to 3rd or 4th or however they want to program it really. I would absolutely despise either feature ( auto start/stop or skip shift ) on a manual and it could get both down the road. I have a gas getter for my daily driver. I didn't buy a near 500 horsepower Mustang convertible to save gas. I drive it sparingly when the weather is nice just to have fun. I don't need the government along for the ride. A Mustang is about freedom!
Couldn't they add both as update anyway?

I would be ok if they added start/top to GT Manuals if it mean't we would no longer have to pay the gas guzzler tax. My understanding on manual transmission is that it would only activate while the car is stopped, in neural, with the clutch out. Any you could always turn it off with the switch.

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
No regrets what so ever on this 2024 GT. Its a base GT manual as I wanted the lighter model and the new base models offer a lot for the spec. Plus, I didn't want to spend more than $45K. This being my 10th Mustang, it still has the familiar Mustang feel IMHO while moving forward. I like the look of the exterior and wasn't sure I was going to love the new interior but it has definitely grown on me and I actually really like the interior now. I do prefer the 2x screens vs the one long screen.
No issues to report so far. I feel for and understand the frustration of those who have. I expect potential issues with any new car, not just new/updated model and generations. For me, as long as the dealer/brand does right and fixes the issue, I will be understanding. I also don't blame dealer issues 100% on the brand or vice versa. With that said, I will push as far as I need to get issues addressed and will address who needs to be held accountable.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Sorry to say that, but the advantage us Europeans have compared to you is that you are basically our labratory bunnies :D

We will be able to order probably around Feb/Mar 2024 and first models will arrive by the end of 2024. I reckon until then hopefully most of the problems will be gone.

I have now read quite some comments about ambient light and to me it is not understandable why reducing the lights compared to the S550. What is the true reason behind it to cut off the cupholder lights?

The Ford Fiesta of my mum has even ambient light in the door map pockets.

Here the options I picked up months ago on the Ford website which then has been taken down. Probably, just like the heated and cooled seats supposedly offered for Recaros, things have been changed last minute!

S650 Mustang How many are regretting ambient light options

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Sorry to say that, but the advantage us Europeans have compared to you is that you are basically our labratory bunnies :D

We will be able to order probably around Feb/Mar 2024 and first models will arrive by the end of 2024. I reckon until then hopefully most of the problems will be gone.

I have now read quite some comments about ambient light and to me it is not understandable why reducing the lights compared to the S550. What is the true reason behind it to cut off the cupholder lights?

The Ford Fiesta of my mum has even ambient light in the door map pockets.

Here the options I picked up months ago on the Ford website which then has been taken down. Probably, just like the heated and cooled seats supposedly offered for Recaros, things have been changed last minute!

ambient light options.png
How far are you from Hereford Germany?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
From what I heard it was possible the manual was going to get it somehow too. I was second guessing the idea of it but I'm guessing if you are at a stop pressing the brake pedal and in neutral the car would turn off if they wanted to put it on manual cars as well. The car would then automatically start again when you press the clutch in. NO THANKS!!
To me, that would be very dangerous, very seldom do I take my foot off the clutch and put it in neutral once in a blue moon. I don’t see how they think it saves on gas when it starts and stops even when you’re just sitting there after awhile. starting and stopping uses just as much gas. I think the rev does too, when you have that on and your’e downshifting
Auto start/stop is not the devil you guys are making it out to be. I have it in my manual Si. Most non-NPC-oriented cars equipped with it tend to have a dedicated function to disable it, and most cars with drive modes disable it in whatever "sport" settings they might have. It's non-invasive, will save you a smidge on fuel, and your starter, battery, and everything else related would (or should) be strengthened to counter the additional strain. As far as I can tell, there haven't been any major issues associated with start/stop and brands have been offering it en masse for about a decade.

On that note, if it spares the S650 from gas guzzler fees, maybe Ford would put a proper set of gears in its manually-equipped cars.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No regrets what so ever on this 2024 GT. Its a base GT manual as I wanted the lighter model and the new base models offer a lot for the spec. Plus, I didn't want to spend more than $45K. This being my 10th Mustang, it still has the familiar Mustang feel IMHO while moving forward. I like the look of the exterior and wasn't sure I was going to love the new interior but it has definitely grown on me and I actually really like the interior now. I do prefer the 2x screens vs the one long screen.
No issues to report so far. I feel for and understand the frustration of those who have. I expect potential issues with any new car, not just new/updated model and generations. For me, as long as the dealer/brand does right and fixes the issue, I will be understanding. I also don't blame dealer issues 100% on the brand or vice versa. With that said, I will push as far as I need to get issues addressed and will address who needs to be held accountable.
You are 20 minutes from me

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get yours from Anderson Ford?

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Auto start/stop is not the devil you guys are making it out to be. I have it in my manual Si. Most non-NPC-oriented cars equipped with it tend to have a dedicated function to disable it, and most cars with drive modes disable it in whatever "sport" settings they might have. It's non-invasive, will save you a smidge on fuel, and your starter, battery, and everything else related would (or should) be strengthened to counter the additional strain. As far as I can tell, there haven't been any major issues associated with start/stop and brands have been offering it en masse for about a decade.

On that note, if it spares the S650 from gas guzzler fees, maybe Ford would put a proper set of gears in its manually-equipped cars.
I guess it don’t matter to me. I won’t get it in a manual. I shut it off in the ones I have/had with it. My next last car will be either a Cadillac, or
an suv

Last edited:

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
You are 20 minutes from me
Nice! I go through that area quite often :-). I have family in Oconee and I’m also part of a Motorcycle Ministry that we usually meet in West Union. Your ever go to the Car and Coffee over at Michelin?

Last edited:

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I guess it don’t matter to me. I won’t get it in a manual. I shot it off in the ones I have/had with it. My next last car will be either a Cadillac, or
an suv
Just FYI, in all likelihood, there's a good chance you're going to be dealing with the same Union labor you seem to loathe even with a Cadillac or a *GOOD* SUV (IMO, while they may have American companies beat with sedans and even crossovers, foreign automakers don't do as well with trucks/SUVs).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just FYI, in all likelihood, there's a good chance you're going to be dealing with the same Union labor you seem to loathe even with a Cadillac or a *GOOD* SUV (IMO, while they may have American companies beat with sedans and even crossovers, foreign automakers don't do as well with trucks/SUVs).
Well, the one thing you’re right about as I do loathe the union. They are not looking out for the people believe me if they were my husband would not have lost his job because of the strikes
Nice! I go through that area quite often :-). I have family in Oconee and I’m also part of a Motorcycle Ministry that we usually meet in West Union. Your ever go to the Car and Coffee over at Michelin?
no, never heard of the car and coffee
I love it here, beautiful area
Sponsored