• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Heat Buildup in 2024 Mustang GT Premium Infotainment System

John G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
About a month ago, I took delivery of my 2024 Mustang GT Premium. During the last 4 weeks, I have noticed that the back of my one-piece infotainment system consistently becomes very warm, almost hot to the touch especially after I have driven my vehicle for an hour or more.

I took my vehicle to the Ford Dealership and met with the technician who works on electrical issues. He informed me that heat buildup is normal and added that there are no vents in the back or on top for the heat to escape.

I am wondering if any of you have ever noticed the back of your infotainment system getting very warm after driving your GT premium for any length of time of an hour or more, or is this an issue with my vehicle?
Sponsored

Dapsters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 gt premium performance package vapor blue
Yep, mine gets hot enough it's uncomfortable to touch. Thought it was the sun until I checked it at night time

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Ours gets hot too. Really hot with the top down and the Florida sun beating on it as well.

OP
OP
John G

John G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for your responses and confirming that I am not the only one who noticed the heat buildup on my infotainment system. I appreciated hearing from you.
Sponsored