• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Got my 2024 GT today, here's my novice takeaway, questions, and issues.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
IL also requires front plates. I went 4 years without a front plate on my 2019 GT and my dad has yet to put one on his Genesis. Neither of us have had any issues. Ymmv, of course, so take from that what you will.
Don’t miss that from IL either. Where are you from there? Was born and raised right off Interstate 80 exit 56
Sponsored

Paulie820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Lancer, 24' GT in Atlas Blue
I haven’t lived in that corrupt state for 40 years now! I have relatives there, but I try and stay away from there
There's a lot of annoying things to deal with (like front license plates!) but work has me here for few years at least. My hope is enough people leave and we A) get some genuine, good people in office or B) shrink the state gov't to where I can be left alone.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
There's a lot of annoying things to deal with (like front license plates!) but work has me here for few years at least. My hope is enough people leave and we A) get some genuine, good people in office or B) shrink the state gov't to where I can be left alone.
My nephew and his wife are out deputies for W Palm Beach Co Florida. They are thinking about moving to NH when they retire I’m another year I think he said.
2nd year In a row now that IL has been #2 for people moving out of IL

Deleted member 60890

Congratulations on your car!

If you were driving on the freeway, what MPG did you get? I only got 18.6 miles per gallon driving 70 to 80 mph for over a hour on my GT Convertible.

347Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang, 2024 Dark Horse Blue Ember
So today around 11am I got the call my car had been delivered here in Massachusetts, which I originally ordered on 3/27. Went in at 3pm, bought it fully, and put roughly 80 miles on it today trying to burn through the break in period. Base Shadow Black GT 10 speed, 401a Package, Active Valve Exhaust, no performance pack, 3.55 gearing, 18in wheels.

Now I have literally never driven a Mustang a single time before today. Everyone I see giving reviews of the 24 Mustang is super entrenched in the car industry which I think muddy's the water on how the car truly feels. Here are my thoughts as a complete novice.

Takeaway:
-The car is everything I dreamed it would be since I first started wanting a Mustang around 14 years ago. The power, noise, and driving feel is unreal and I don't think I could ever go back to a non-Mustang.
-I've kept it under 3500 RPMs but I have given it some serious throttle, even from a stand still, and never had any tire spin.
-I've seen people mention the steering feels loose, I actually think it feels tight and I have complete confidence when taking corners.
-People also say the photos don't do justice. After today I 100% agree. If you don't like the photos, go see one at a dealership and it may change your mind.

Questions:
-The biggest thing I noticed is the front of the car is SUPER hot after driving even short distances. I'm talking I can feel the heat of the front through the window sometimes but the gauges inside show the engine is normal temperature. Is this normal?
-If you get up into 4th/5th gear and let off the throttle, as the car comes down in RPMs and downshifts, the exhaust pops occasionally. This sounds badass but I was under the impression this would not happen with stock exhaust. Is this normal?

Issues:
-The 10 speed does bog occasionally if you are iffy with the throttle. If you give it steady throttle on the low or high RPMs, it shifts smooth as butter.
-My outdoor cover did not show up with the car even though it was in my order and the dealership has no ETA of when it will. I have rogue turkeys in my neighborhood who like pecking cars so I'm basically relying on bedsheets to keep my car safe right now :frown:
-Apparently having no front license plate is illegal in MA and I didn't want them drilling my front bumper so I have to figure that out now
-The dealerships push you like mad to download the Ford Pass app. I blatantly asked if that's a metric they get judged on and they said yes. I did not do it.

Congrats on the new ride. Quick question, has your car cover come in yet? I ordered my outdoor cover same time as I ordered my DH back in May 2023. Long story short no car cover as of Feb 2024! I hate getting dust on the car whilst its in the garage.

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
Here in Commifornia, we are supposed to have front plates too. I have never put one on my Mustangs and been driving a candy apple red convertible mustang since 2000. Never been pulled over for it.
That said, I know here, the DMV has started allowing a sticker that is the license plate. Same size and everything as a metal plate, but a sticker you apply to the front bumper. I saw quite a few at a Porsche show here not too long ago on some very expensive and beautiful rides. I guess if I had to have one, I might look into that option, no holes in the bumper cover anyway.