• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gasoline options and recommendations

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
What unknown hassle?

If/When you see fraudulent charges, you call them, they reverse them. Easy peasy. Absolutely zero hassle.

More often than not, they call YOU to advise your card/number was compromised.

We've had a card number compromised 3x over the past ~10 years or so (best of my recollection). The bank contacted us after they denied the charge and locked the card -- all before we knew it. Once was Citibank and twice was Bank of America.
Not even having to worry - how often have you heard of a gas card being passed around the interā€¦
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
e ratings are made to be used to prevent engine knocking (mistiming combustion), not to clean them nor make them perform "better" unless the engine is designed for them - or - if the engine is knocking and pinging. As
Not even having to worry - how often have you heard of a gas card being passed around the interā€¦
I don't worry - I'm protected by federal law and by my banks. Zero liability on mine.

I don't care what card you use, @Zig. I was only offering a way to get rewards at ANY station, not just a certain station due to a branded card. There are far more benefits using a MV/V than a branded gasoline card with, essentially, zero liability.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't worry - I'm protected by federal law and by my banks. Zero liability on mine.

I don't care what card you use, @Zig. I was only offering a way to get rewards at ANY station, not just a certain station due to a branded card. There are far more benefits using a MV/V than a branded gasoline card with, essentially, zero liability.
No biggie - itā€™s the unknown hassle that I referenced - and I in turn did the same.

I use other reward style cards for other transactions but for gas I try to stick with the reward gas card.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
We run 93 octane. Preferably shell or Mobil but any gas will do if I canā€™t find either. We are getting a new 76 station down the road so might add that to the list.

Falcon2870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost
Well this was the first tank of gas Iā€™ve been through since getting the car last weekend. 300 miles. Hand calculated to 22.5mpg and Iā€™m constantly getting on it at least twice a day. Only went above 3K rpm like 3-4 times though. Iā€™ve drove in normal mode and sport mode only. I only live 7-8 miles from work and this is my only vehicle. Idk why you would be getting such low mpg. Thatā€™s kinda odd

2024 eco here as well and I only have Circle K or RaceTrack or a few local places where I live for gas I usually go back and forth between Circle K and Racetrack depending on price I am on my 4th tank now with 780 miles I think on the car.. I did 91 first 2 tanks on the 3rd 89 and now trying 87 ... my issue so far is $hitty gas mileage best I have gotten is 13.9 I am driving under 50 most of the time and just run to town to get food or etc I have made 2 small trips one to a town 15 miles away another to a town 25 miles away and my gas mileage went up to 17 for like a few hours then dropped back down this was on the two 91 tanks... I am thoroughly not happy with the gas mileage I am getting I drive like a granny I dont rev the car I dont accelerate hard at all for the most part.. what kind of mileage are you getting just curious?
I have been getting (according to car comp) an average of 27-29 from a full tank and average 33-34 on the highway since new. I took it easy the first 1000 miles (have 2200 now) but nothing has changed very much so far even when I get on it occasionally. I have been using mostly 93 octane, but am trying 87 to see how much difference there is in power/MPG. So far, can't tell any difference in MPG with 87, but a little in power. I would get it checked out for sure.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I was doing some deep dives this AM and thought I'd post a few links.

We talk about octane. I've mentioned LSPI, Low Speed Pre-Ignition previously. LSPI is where all the variables align, resulting in detonation high enough to do engine damage. Turbo (see Eco) Owners should be more attentive to the condition. And there are several things to help prevent it from occurring.

https://www.motor.com/magazine-summary/resolving-low-speed-pre-ignition/

Good fuel, not lugging the engine and downshifting before accelerating will go a long way towards preventing the condition. An additional consideration: your engine oil.

Calcium is used as a detergent additive in engine oils. Has been for a long time. But testing has since confirmed high calcium content in engine oil can promote LSPI.

https://pqia.org/2019/05/31/sn-plus-motor-oils-calcium-down-magnesium-up/

https://pqia.org/

Given the option, selecting an engine oil with a lower calcium content would be preferred. There's no one oil that's best. Like finding a brand of gas, it can be difficult from all the choices. Links above could help. Turbo and oil-specific forums could have threads on brands they choose and why.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Given the option, selecting an engine oil with a lower calcium content would be preferred. There's no one oil that's best. Like finding a brand of gas, it can be difficult from all the choices. Links above could help. Turbo and oil-specific forums could have threads on brands they choose and why.
if ford made the car and ford made the oil (branding) and sold you both it makes it much more difficult to point fingers.
Sponsored