• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front End Creak

Kitt5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 401A W/ Active Exhaust
Hello All,

I recently purchased a Mustang GT 401A with Active Exhaust, and it's been a fantastic car overall. It has 4000 miles on it. However, there's one issue that's been bothering me: a creaking noise from the front end when driving over uneven bumps or turning left at slow speeds. While the sound seems to originate from the front of the car, I've been unable to pinpoint its exact source. I brought this to the attention of my local Ford dealer, but they claim "not to hear it". Pretty much the typical response I expected from a dealership. However, it's quite noticeable to me and a new car shouldn't even have suspension creaks like this (I'm assuming it's coming from the suspension).

Has anyone else encountered this issue, and if so, how did you resolve it? I do not think its worthwhile paying out of pocket for an issue like this on a new car. It's making what is otherwise a hilariously fun car an annoyance (as it's my daily). Maybe ill just have to try another dealer.
Sponsored

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Without hearing it it's hard to tell. Maybe have someone do a slow left turn around you and you may be able to hear it better.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hello All,

I recently purchased a Mustang GT 401A with Active Exhaust, and it's been a fantastic car overall. It has 4000 miles on it. However, there's one issue that's been bothering me: a creaking noise from the front end when driving over uneven bumps or turning left at slow speeds. While the sound seems to originate from the front of the car, I've been unable to pinpoint its exact source. I brought this to the attention of my local Ford dealer, but they claim "not to hear it". Pretty much the typical response I expected from a dealership. However, it's quite noticeable to me and a new car shouldn't even have suspension creaks like this (I'm assuming it's coming from the suspension).

Has anyone else encountered this issue, and if so, how did you resolve it? I do not think its worthwhile paying out of pocket for an issue like this on a new car. It's making what is otherwise a hilariously fun car an annoyance (as it's my daily). Maybe ill just have to try another dealer.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

• Haha
Reactions: Dxm

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
When I have strange sound issues on any of my cars, I record a video with e view of my instrument panel. If I can hear it on playback, they have a better understanding and cant say "I dont hear anything".
Hope this helps

OP
OP

Kitt5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 401A W/ Active Exhaust
I had the same on my S550 and it turned out to be part of the front wheel arch liner was folded up over the suspension.. It was the ridged plastic bit in this picture.

1688741556620.png
thanks for sharing. I have a feeling it could be this. Are you talking about the plastic on the left? How did you access in there and what did you do to fix?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
thanks for sharing. I have a feeling it could be this. Are you talking about the plastic on the left? How did you access in there and what did you do to fix?
The ridged bit (centre screen) was flipped up over the lower suspension arm - just pushed it back into position. Done with the wheel on full left lock

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Honestly, these cars are a bit rattly. I have a small rattle too on the driver side but I can't tell if it's in the cabin or in the engine bay. I notice it too after I've gone over a speed bump, then it goes away after a while. I also heard one a couple times in the backseat somewhere in the roof. I'm afraid taking it to the dealer would make these minor rattles worse once they start ripping into things.

Not to compare, but my S197 did not have any rattles until maybe 10 years into its life.