• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

found new seats. now need help wiring.

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 fastback, 2019 Bullitt
finally found someone to trade their dark horse luxury seats for my dark horse Recaros. I am guessing there are not existing wiring to connect the manual / heat / cool, etc. However, I believe anything can be done. Recaros look easy to remove. Anyone know anything about this?
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i will take a look and relay back what i find

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
assuming yours is a 700A, the good news is you don't need a new body wiring harness, which is a huge 1-piece wiring harness (pictured here in pink)
1706851840903.png

that harness alone is over $1000 retail and you would spend much more than that in labor to have it installed. if you want memory functionality, you might need a different part. the part number is MU5Z-14C708-J and it costs $261.67 retail, and would likely need to be programmed by a dealer. also needed to add memory functions you need to replace the wiring harness inside your door plus replace the actual door panel, which is a whole thing.
anyways, back to the seats themselves, the connectors should be the same, so in theory it's just put them in, plug them in, change some programming, and it's done. of course, that is just a theory and it could be more complicated.
there's another hard part here, do the new seats have a pre-programmed DSM (Driver Seat Module) and PSM (Passenger Seat Module)? that's something that can only be found out from plugging in the seat and seeing what modules respond to FORScan. another hart part is getting that module i mentioned earlier programmed if it needs to be; the program used to do that requires a VIN and will not allow a module to be programmed if it's not supposed to be there, so you would need to hope the dealer has a 200A, 201A, 400A, 401A, or 700A Mustang withmemory seats and not mind doing some weird stuff with swapping out, programming, and re-swapping that module. here's some of the programming you would need to do with FORScan. i am not responsible if any of this does not work or causes damage.

APIM (SYNC System):
AddressNew Values (x = leave as-is)Functions
7D0-02-01xxxx-x8xx-xxXXAdds heated/cooled seat buttons to the infotainment
7D0-09-01xxxx-xxxx-FxXXAdds remote start auto climate control seat functions (automatic transmission only)
note that the old values are assumptions based on what ive seen is usually there. if that "7D0-02-01" value ends up being 2 standard instead of 0, you will want to put the new value as "A" instead of "8"

HVAC Module
AddressNew Values (x = leave as-is)Functions
733-01-052090-6E5A-46XXTells the module if the front seats are heated and/or cooled, if the rear seats are heated and/or cooled, heated seat timeout, and front-left high, medium, and low heated seat temps
733-01-066E5A-46xx-xxXXfront-right high, medium, and low heated seat temps

Some other stuff to add auto climate seats, which automatically adjust the heated/cooled seat based on interior temp, exterior temp, and your climate settings. it can be activated by pressing the button for the heated/cooled seat, then pressing on the white seat icon with an "A".
ModuleAddressNew values (x = leave as-is)function
HVAC733-01-05Axxx-xxxx-xxXXenables auto climate seats in the HVAC module
APIM7D0-02-021xxx-xxxx-xxXXenables auto climate seats buttons in SYNC

Last edited:
OP
OP

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, this is very valuable information. Thank you so much for spending the time to do this. I am on my way over to look at the seats now to make sure I want to trade. Really don’t care about seat memory since I will be the only one driving it, and probably never change the settings. But I am encouraged that it can be done after your post

OP
OP

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
assuming yours is a 700A, the good news is you don't need a new body wiring harness, which is a huge 1-piece wiring harness (pictured here in pink)
1706851840903.png

that harness alone is over $1000 retail and you would spend much more than that in labor to have it installed. it seems, however, that you might need a different part. the part number is MU5Z-14C708-J and it costs $261.67 retail, and would likely need to be programmed by a dealer. that part seems to be in any vehicle with heated and cooled seats, but it's not in vehicles with only heated seats. the hard part is that it seems that every vehicle with heated and cooled seats also has memory functions, and to add memory functions you need to replace the wiring harness inside your door plus replace the actual door panel, which is a whole thing. it's possible that module is not required for the heated/cooled seats, though.
anyways, back to the seats themselves, the connectors should be the same, so in theory it's just put them in, plug them in, change some programming, and it's done. of course, that is just a theory and it could be more complicated.
there's another hard part here, do the new seats have a pre-programmed DSM (Driver Seat Module) and PSM (Passenger Seat Module)? that's something that can only be found out from plugging in the seat and seeing what modules respond to FORScan. a third hart part is getting that module i mentioned earlier programmed if it needs to be; the program used to do that requires a VIN and will not allow a module to be programmed if it's not supposed to be there, so you would need to hope the dealer has a 200A, 201A, 400A, 401A, or 700A Mustang without recaros and not mind doing some weird stuff with swapping out, programming, and re-swapping that module. here's some of the programming you would need to do with FORScan. i am not responsible if any of this does not work or causes damage.

APIM (SYNC System):
AddressOld ValuesNew Values (x = leave as-is)Functions
7D0-02-01xxxx-x0xx-xxXXxxxx-x8xx-xxXXAdds heated/cooled seat buttons to the infotainment
7D0-09-01xxxx-xxxx-AxXXxxxx-xxxx-FxXXAdds remote start auto climate control seat functions (automatic transmission only)
note that the old values are assumptions based on what ive seen is usually there. if that "7D0-02-01" value ends up being 2 standard instead of 0, you will want to put the new value as "A" instead of "8"

in my opinion, i say try changing these values and installing the seats. if it works, that's great. if not, oh well. but it's not really worth the bodging and weirdness of trying to get them to work like factory. plus, again, this is all just theorycrafting
So I really can't believe that someone living right near me had the exact seats I wanted and wanted the exact seats I had. An 18 year old (with an 18 year old back) traded me his power DH seats in matching color for my Recaro HD seats.

tempImageyoWXQf.png
Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 6.07.00 PM.png

I simply bolted old out and removed Recaros. Disconnected battery, bolted in new seats, in and re-connected the 2 connectors under eat seat.

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 6.09.18 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 6.09.52 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 6.10.08 PM.png

Reconnected battery and electric immediately works. Ahhhhhh, lumbar support. However, I was hoping that the connection would automatically cue the dash to display the heat / cool controls for the seat. It does not. So I guess I'll have to either do the Forscan hack and / or get the MU5Z-14C708-J part Rocket researched (thank you SO much). Ugh. I'm not going to worry about the seat memory function unless dealer says relatively easy (prolly is easy but another thousand bucks).

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
So I really can't believe that someone living right near me had the exact seats I wanted and wanted the exact seats I had. An 18 year old (with an 18 year old back) traded me his power DH seats in matching color for my Recaro HD seats.

tempImageyoWXQf.png
Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 6.07.00 PM.png

I simply bolted old out and removed Recaros. Disconnected battery, bolted in new seats, in and re-connected the 2 connectors under eat seat.

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 6.09.18 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 6.09.52 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 6.10.08 PM.png

Reconnected battery and electric immediately works. Ahhhhhh, lumbar support. However, I was hoping that the connection would automatically cue the dash to display the heat / cool controls for the seat. It does not. So I guess I'll have to either do the Forscan hack and / or get the MU5Z-14C708-J part Rocket researched (thank you SO much). Ugh. I'm not going to worry about the seat memory function unless dealer says relatively easy (prolly is easy but another thousand bucks).
if you dont care about the memory function, all you need to do is the FORScan stuff. no new module required AFAIK. Ford calls that part "Module - Seat Memory"

OP
OP

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you dont care about the memory function, all you need to do is the FORScan stuff. no new module required AFAIK. Ford calls that part "Module - Seat Memory"
researching Forscan right now. I have OBD and an old OBD to USB-A connector from when I did my Bronco. Right now it's saying it can't recognize/find my PCM?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
researching Forscan right now. I have OBD and an old OBD to USB-A connector from when I did my Bronco. Right now it's saying it can't recognize/find my PCM?
Private Message me a screenshot of what it says and a picture of the cable you are using

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
It all works. Thank you @roket for your detailed help in the message board. So kind and helpful of u.

IMG_1397.jpeg
no problem, i'm always here to help. i also updated my post in case someone else comes along and wants to do this same thing, they have all the information they need

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
That is awesome!! Glad it worked out for you both on the seat swap

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Neat story, great help and a great outcome.

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
It all works. Thank you @roket for your detailed help in the message board. So kind and helpful of u.

IMG_1397.jpeg
Man, go buy a lottery ticket, like NOW !!! 🤣
Like what are the odds, with so few 2024 out there, that someone local to you has exactly what you want, and wants exactly what YOU have ?!
And we’re not talking Hyundai Elantra type of “100 of the same car in a parking lot” kinda car !
And when you buy that lottery, give half to Roket ! Man you’re a gem, a well of knowledge, and so dedicated to people here, that’s invaluable !

What a cool story ;)

(ps: If you DO win the lottery, don’t forget the guy who encouraged you to get that ticket ! 🤣)
Sponsored