• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
JediMindTrix

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
Good to know. I'm coming from an EV and am interested in an H-pipe so this is all new to me haha
It's also not obnoxious. Even the X-pipe isn't but it's definitely more aggressive and noticeable. H-Pipe would be similar. If you swapped axle back's also then yeah..... you'll just be loud and also have highway drone lol I like it to be conservative when I want and beautiful sounding when the moment presents itself.
Sponsored

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yeah, I don't doubt it for some. For sure a possibility depending on who does the install and which application you go with. That is part of the reason for the resonator in the first place but I can say, from experience, after driving the car for a week with and without the x-pipe I didn't experience a difference in dB or NVH.
You said you didn't experience a difference in dB, do you just mean on the inside or do you mean that on the outside it mostly changes the tone and not the volume? I would be doing it for the volume so just want to know how much louder it makes it if any louder at all.

OP
OP
JediMindTrix

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
You said you didn't experience a difference in dB, do you just mean on the inside or do you mean that on the outside it mostly changes the tone and not the volume? I would be doing it for the volume so just want to know how much louder it makes it if any louder at all.
Good catch! I should clarify that I meant from the inside while operating the vehicle. Outside it’s definitely louder but when cruising and at highway speeds it’s still conservative until you get on it or go WOT. It’s still a fine balance of both worlds but I’ll see if I can catch a good video of it in action while driving inside and outside to demonstrate!

Last edited:

dr1zzle01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Accord
Good to know. I'm coming from an EV and am interested in an H-pipe so this is all new to me haha
I just ordered the Roush H-Pipe today. Should be here in a week. My car is due any day now at the dealership. I’ll be posting before and after for sure!

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I can confirm zero drone with an x pipe on the active exhaust. Also not obnoxiously loud either, except for that morning cold start :)
Sponsored