• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Flat plane crankshaft

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Newer 5.2s are apparently rock solid. I believe it's the 2018 and beyond gt350s that fixed most of the issues.
They're marginally better. There was a big fuss back when the Gen 2 voodoos came out and people were still reporting infantile failures and oil consumption issues.
Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
They're marginally better. There was a big fuss back when the Gen 2 voodoos came out and people were still reporting infantile failures and oil consumption issues.
That is correct and unfortunately it’s due to ford using a firing order that creates a rocking couple. And unfortunately there is absolutely nothing you can do about it other than hope you got an engine that’s balanced happily from the factory

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
That is correct and unfortunately it’s due to ford using a firing order that creates a rocking couple. And unfortunately there is absolutely nothing you can do about it other than hope you got an engine that’s balanced happily from the factory
Apparently something about the existence of the dual air intakes on the s650 means if they were to make a new flat plane, the vibration and balancing issues shouldn't be as much of a problem, if at all.

So fingers crossed some sort of 5.4 flat plane wouldn't have all those issues.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Apparently something about the existence of the dual air intakes on the s650 means if they were to make a new flat plane, the vibration and balancing issues shouldn't be as much of a problem, if at all.

So fingers crossed some sort of 5.4 flat plane wouldn't have all those issues.
That’s correct they could and would use a traditional FPC firing order. Ford last time around said they couldn’t package a twin throttle body setup under the GT350s hood because it was lowered by 20mms. This time around it’s very apparent they wanted to move past that limitation, whether or not we see a real next gen GT350 is up for debate. But as it sits today this would fix the vast majority of the 5.2 NVh issues

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
That’s correct they could and would use a traditional FPC firing order. Ford last time around said they couldn’t package a twin throttle body setup under the GT350s hood because it was lowered by 20mms. This time around it’s very apparent they wanted to move past that limitation, whether or not we see a real next gen GT350 is up for debate. But as it sits today this would fix the vast majority of the 5.2 NVh issues
I don't know if we'll see a return of the gt350 name, but it seems like whatever this road going version of the gt3 car is will be the gt350 equivalent of this gen.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I don't know if we'll see a return of the gt350 name, but it seems like whatever this road going version of the gt3 car is will be the gt350 equivalent of this gen.
Ford kinda needs to do something new. I really like the dark horse because re using the boss, gt350,gt500 name is getting kinda old. And i mean that I’d rather them come out with a 550hp FPC V8 that’s a GT3 car for the road and target the 992 GT3
Have some fun with it, ford does some nice special editions but after a while it gets boring. The mach 1 is a good example of that
Sponsored