• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Exhaust Smells like Coolant/Sweet

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
If you're not already familiar with the characteristic, oil will expand when hot and return to normal once cold. You're dipstick will measure differently. Mine moves as much as two "X" up and down the scale.

In addition to the dipstick, you could remove the oil fill cap and take a look at the underside of it. But this can sometimes be deceiving. Milky-looking residue can accumulate, depending on how the car is driven, season and temps.
I've checked the under cap, nothing built up as my 2015 had "milky" residue often under the cap but no engine problems at all for the 40k miles I had it. I know oil expands and contrats depending on heat, as I said to Zig, I just wasn't sure if there is coolant mixed in, if it'd be easier to see on the dipstick when the oil is completely cold.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I'll check later when it's completely cooled down. Just wondering if there is a coolant mixture happening, if it'll be "thicker" or easier to see on the dipstick while cold and settled completely in the oil pan.
Don’t forget oil and water don’t mix. Once settled they separate. Freshly stirred shakes are easier to spot.