• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

European specs - confirmed equipment

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
I'm really only interested in it being as close to the US spec as possible in terms of power output, setup and sound. If they give us 500hp for the Dark Horse and it sounds like a proper V8, then I don't care if Ford gives us wind up windows and cloth seats.
Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
I'm really only interested in it being as close to the US spec as possible in terms of power output, setup and sound. If they give us 500hp for the Dark Horse and it sounds like a proper V8, then I don't care if Ford gives us wind up windows and cloth seats.
Sound will definitely not be the same, power will most likely not be the same.

So you better hope you get automatic window control :p

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
Well that’s my concern, the extent to which EU Regulations are going to ruin this car.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Well that’s my concern, the extent to which EU Regulations are going to ruin this car.
So was the S550 'ruined' by EU regs?

You are getting a naturally aspirated 5.0V8 - in many European countries the ONLY naturally aspirated V8 left for sale. The loss of 20 or 30PS is really not a problem. Even the 450PS of the S550 is plenty on the road.

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
So you know the power output then of the 7th gen for Europe or are you speculating?
There’s a difference between saying the extent to which it is ruined and, it is ruined.
By any objective measure if a car has less power than another, it is an inferior product, all else being equal. The extent to which you consider the product ruined is a subjective matter.
To say x power is plenty on the road is such a general statement , all depends on your point of view, the vehicle your buying and the price paid! Anyway, that wasn’t my orginal point.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you know the power output then of the 7th gen for Europe or are you speculating?
There’s a difference between saying the extent to which it is ruined and, it is ruined.
By any objective measure if a car has less power than another, it is an inferior product, all else being equal. The extent to which you consider the product ruined is a subjective matter.
To say x power is plenty on the road is such a general statement , all depends on your point of view, the vehicle your buying and the price paid! Anyway, that wasn’t my orginal point.
Probably less than the US spec (most of the European Mustangs are slightly lower power) but ruined? Seriously?

I very much doubt you could actually tell the difference between 460PS and 450PS even 440PS, bearing in mind the variation between engines anyway could easily be around 10PS (2.5%) Plus remember that is at 6700rpm or more, torque is far more important to the way the car drives rather than worrying about 10PS of eye candy

Your original point was:

The answer is not at all where power is concerned in practice

I will take you back to my comment - Was the S550 ruined by the EU regs?

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
This is a boring dicussion based on your speculation of the power figures. You're like one of those annoying Twitter trolls who misrepresent the orginal point and then make a different point or talk about another subject!
I'm not going to continue this and sidetrack the thread talking about S550 etc.
I've said all i need to say on the topic.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Don't read too much into US vs EU horsepower numbers. EU regulations demand that the power is measured with a full GPF, a scenario that won't usally happen to your car if you use proper gasoline and drive the car how it should be driven.

On top for US Ford can use the best gas they find, for EU they have to use the regular non-premium gas.

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a boring dicussion based on your speculation of the power figures. You're like one of those annoying Twitter trolls who misrepresent the orginal point and then make a different point or talk about another subject!
I'm not going to continue this and sidetrack the thread talking about S550 etc.
I've said all i need to say on the topic.
It was you that started the 'boring' part of the discussion with your assertions about things being ruined. I have merely responded to your strong opinion. If you don't want people to disagree with you don't post on a public forum!

If you are bored with it stop replying :wink:

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
Don't read too much into US vs EU horsepower numbers. EU regulations demand that the power is measured with a full GPF, a scenario that won't usally happen to your car if you use proper gasoline and drive the car how it should be driven.

On top for US Ford can use the best gas they find, for EU they have to use the regular non-premium gas.
Lets see what the numbers come out at and the overall package.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Lets see what the numbers come out at and the overall package.
That's what I ment, numbers on paper mean literally nothing since we are comparing two completely seperate measurements.

Comparing the C8 Stingray you get 502 hp for US Z51 models and 475 hp for EU Z51 models. Yet a guy I know who owns an US model compared it 1:1 with an EU model. They even measured acceleration with a GPS apps, both cars performed 100% identical.

So even if the EU Dark Horse has 480 hp on paper, it says absolutely nothing. I'm more concerned about gear and axle ratios, that was what killed the EU model performance to me