• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dual Tip Exhaust to Quad Tip Exhaust

S650Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Silverado, '21 Grand Cherokee L, '24 Mustang
For my mustang order, I did not opt for the active exhaust because I am not interested in that option and I am going to put a catback exhaust on the car. However, I do want the look of the quad tip exhaust which will not be factory when my mustang arrives. Has anyone with the dual tip lower valance swap it for a quad tip lower valance? I figured this would be a common modification, but I have not seen any posts on this. Wondering if this is a relatively easy part to swap out or not.
Sponsored

OP
OP

S650Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Silverado, '21 Grand Cherokee L, '24 Mustang
My nephew went from dual to quad exhaust. We cut out the openings and smoothed them. Can't even tell.

IMG_2728.jpeg
Looks pretty good. Do you have close up pictures where the cuts were made? What was your process for smoothing out the plastic after it was cut?

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Looks pretty good. Do you have close up pictures where the cuts were made? What was your process for smoothing out the plastic after it was cut?
Just cut carefully with a cut off wheel then file to make the shape you want. Then smooth out with some fine emory paper.

S650 Mustang Dual Tip Exhaust to Quad Tip Exhaust IMG_3174

NYTOP

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
nytop.store
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

ShaZadam698

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue GT
Plan to do this to my Dual tip GT, when I buy my Quad tip mufflers... no sense in buying the $400+ lower valance when u can snip it and sand it to look nice!
Sponsored