• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse vs Dark Horse Premium

toodawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non currently
Found a great spec’d Dark Horse with handling package and normal seats, not Recaros but it’s not a premium. I don’t like the Recaros , and that’s critical. Worried I’ll regret that later. But it certainly seems 95% of the Dark Horses with premium have Recaros. Really my question is, will I regret not getting the premium.
Sponsored

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
All depends upon how you intend to use it. A few less creature comforts or the absence of RECAROs matter to a guy intending to daily drive, but not as much to a guy who plans to build and track. In the end, only you can decide if your purchase was a regret.

OP
OP

toodawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non currently
Do you want the recaros or not want the recaros?
Sorry, I edited my post. Not having Recaros is a great thing for me and critical. My real question is if I will regret not getting premium.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
an HP available now is a buy signal to me regardless of 600a or 700a package.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
I think you messaged me on Instagram! lol "@24darkember"

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
If the cloth seat doesn't bother you, the only other thing that would make me pause is the ventilated seats. I use them on my truck and the wife's car all summer. I used the compare vehicles feature on the Ford site and was surprised how little difference there was between premium and non-premium DH.

I ordered a GT convertible so Premium was my only choice.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
an HP available now is a buy signal to me regardless of 600a or 700a package.
What percentage of DH buyers will regularly track the DH? I bet it's a super low number. And for those who don't track it, the DHHP is nothing more than slightly wider tires & wheels. I think some want it just so they can say, "Mine has the DHHP." But, hey, it's thier money, and - honestly - nobody should be telling them how to spend it.

OP
OP

toodawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non currently
Looks like my dealer who is offering MSRP is running a finance scam by charging 10% interest. When you put down 2/3’s of the value, no trade, and have a 800 credit score, 10% is a money grab. I can get 7.1 to 7.5 at any other dealer. Very disappointing.

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
What percentage of DH buyers will regularly track the DH? I bet it's a super low number. And for those who don't track it, the DHHP is nothing more than slightly wider tires & wheels. I think some want it just so they can say, "Mine has the DHHP." But, hey, it's thier money, and - honestly - nobody should be telling them how to spend it.
I agree with you...I ordered mine with the 6000A trim, no Recaros(tried them in a DH on a showroom floor and found them uncomfortable), auto, and NO handling pack.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like my dealer who is offering MSRP is running a finance scam by charging 10% interest. When you put down 2/3’s of the value, no trade, and have a 800 credit score, 10% is a money grab. I can get 7.1 to 7.5 at any other dealer. Very disappointing.
Yes, that's a rip off. While all financing is pretty high these days, that's 3.5% higher than around these parts.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you...I ordered mine with the 6000A trim, no Recaros(tried them in a DH on a showroom floor and found them uncomfortable), auto, and NO handling pack.
I chose the RECAROs but no HP. I love those seats and have had them in a number of vehicles.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Probably true. If there was a Dark Horse convertible I would have ordered that instead of a PP GT...but only because it existed, I'll never drive at the limits of this car. It's just my summer fun car. If I decide to go racing or even autocross I'll build an old E46 BMW or something.
If BMW would get their head on straight and offer a manual M car, I'd probably not even have walked into the Ford store.

OP
OP

toodawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non currently
Do you find the Recaro‘s side bolsters give a little more over time?
These Recaro’s seems to be a different style vs the 2020 GT500 variant. Thoughts?
I chose the RECAROs but no HP. I love those seats and have had them in a number of vehicles.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you find the Recaro‘s side bolsters give a little more over time?
These Recaro’s seems to be a different style vs the 2020 GT500 variant. Thoughts?
My body has always seemed to "fit". Not sure what your size or shape is - I'm 6-2" 220-ish pounds, 34 to 36" waist and wear a size 46 suit coat. The side bolsters above my waist level did feel a little infringing at first, but I think my body has (again) readapted to this, as that is how RECAROs feel/fit. I'm sure those "give" a little over time, too.
Sponsored