• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse poorly received??

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
It would be worth adding one aftermarket, but not on the standard C8.
Adding FI to C8 is 25k+. Not really worth it to me. It isn't a Mustang where you can bolt on a Whipple for 10k and grab 300 extra horsepower. For 25k you might get 150-175hp. Those kits are way too expensive for the gains you can get.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
In all seriousness, I’ve got another raise coming at work and with how long I’ve been waiting for mods to come out for the mustang….. the E-ray is starting to tempt me.

we’ll see when they’re actually in the ground at dealerships though what the real world prices are….. although speaking of stretching the budget I may wait and finally make the jump to a huracan or mclaren.

the old foxbody would look tough parked next to an exotic.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Adding FI to C8 is 25k+. Not really worth it to me. It isn't a Mustang where you can bolt on a Whipple for 10k and grab 300 extra horsepower. For 25k you might get 150-175hp. Those kits are way too expensive for the gains you can get.
My money, not yours, right?

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
In all seriousness, I’ve got another raise coming at work and with how long I’ve been waiting for mods to come out for the mustang….. the E-ray is starting to tempt me.

we’ll see when they’re actually in the ground at dealerships though what the real world prices are….. although speaking of stretching the budget I may wait and finally make the jump to a huracan or mclaren.

I expect markups on ERay but not sure what the market will be for it. The Z06 is really close to the ERay in acceleration and trumps it on a track. I have no idea what the demand for one will be.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer

I vote you go Huracan or McLaren … I have multiple friends who own both and have gotten quite a bit of seat time in them… I have not driven a C8 z06 but the driving experience in the exotics is far superior to the C8

I would also throw the NSX into your list… they need downpipes and exhaust to sound right… way too quiet stock… but a very very good car… I don’t think people realize how good they are until you drive one…

1208.jpeg

1000002227.jpeg

IMG_2054.jpeg

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Funny how far the thread has moved away from the points the original poster made...I agreed with him 100% as the DH unfortunately is nothing more than a new name plus super sticky Pirellis plus additional mark-up on a already compared to SS1LE overpriced Mach 1...Ford could/should have done so much better but at least its the last car standing with a V8 and Tremec manual...Winner by default as Camaro/Challenger gone and the fake Ferrari from Kentucky has gone AARP-Auto only...LOL In that regard the DH is the winner by default ! Product planners at Ford knew that and thats why they did not have to do better and spend some money on a new car...Thats how I see it ! I dont like to buy used performance cars so if I would total my Challenger tomorrow I would probably buy a new DH over a new M2 even the M2 being more fun to drive because I would miss the emotion only a V8 can give you...Would I be happy with it ? Probably not because I would miss the Torque , dream of a lighter chassis that rotates into turns...LOL But I would love the V8 sound inside the cabin and rowing that 6 speed Tremec and dreaming about Recaros as comfortable as the ones in the 1LE...LOL 2.0

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
Can you explain this to me? You are currently driving a Foxbody and wanting a new Mustang, but would consider an Eray (125k+) or a 200k+ supercar? Something doesn't add up.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Funny how far the thread has moved away from the points the original poster made...I agreed with him 100% as the DH unfortunately is nothing more than a new name plus super sticky Pirellis plus additional mark-up on a already compared to SS1LE overpriced Mach 1...Ford could/should have done so much better but at least its the last car standing with a V8 and Tremec manual...Winner by default as Camaro/Challenger gone and the fake Ferrari from Kentucky has gone AARP-Auto only...LOL In that regard the DH is the winner by default ! Product planners at Ford knew that and thats why they did not have to do better and spend some money on a new car...Thats how I see it ! I dont like to buy used performance cars so if I would total my Challenger tomorrow I would probably buy a new DH over a new M2 even the M2 being more fun to drive because I would miss the emotion only a V8 can give you...Would I be happy with it ? Probably not because I would miss the Torque , dream of a lighter chassis that rotates into turns...LOL But I would love the V8 sound inside the cabin and rowing that 6 speed Tremec and dreaming about Recaros as comfortable as the ones in the 1LE...LOL 2.0
Yes, we're all well aware of your "thoughts". Ford is trying to act like a business and as a shareholder I support that. What makes you think they are not selling as many as they planned?
I don't know why you are here at all honestly.
We get it..touch screens bad...not really all new...engine not big enough...heavy...Corvette is from Kentucky.

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Yes, we're all well aware of your "thoughts". Ford is trying to act like a business and as a shareholder I support that. What makes you think they are not selling as many as they planned?
We get it..touch screens bad...not really all new...engine not big enough...heavy...Corvette is from Kentucky.
If I had known my Corvette was from Kentucky I would have gotten something else. I have buyers remorse now.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram
I personally think the best package for C8 is 2LT with Z51 unless you are going Z06 or ERay. The 1LT has nicer leather than a premium mustang but you don't get the cameras and vented seats. 3LT I didn't think was a worthwhile upgrade.
100%. 2LT with magneride and handling package is $86K-ish before haggling, $83K when you’re done. Much as I hate automatics, that would be a serious consideration if I was looking at a $75K DH.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Why I am here in all honesty ? I want Ford to build a better Mustang...Better as in weight , chassis , interior , engine , quality worth the money they are charging for it...I Btw I dont care about shareholders because I am a consumer ! All I want is a better product worth buying because Mustang is now the only game in town ! A win/win for Both customer & company...And yes sales should be up big time since Camaro/Challenger/Corvette are gone as affordable sporty and practical daily drivers with a V8 and manual transmission ! Consider me a future Mustang buyer or not...I ttried pretty much every Mustang since 1986 and had a Fox 5.0 GT and new Cobra after that after I defected to GM and Mopar...Corporations dont know any loyalty but only care about profits so no fanboy here !

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Why I am here in all honesty ? I want Ford to build a better Mustang...Better as in weight , chassis , interior , engine , quality worth the money they are charging for it...I Btw I dont care about shareholders because I am a consumer ! All I want is a better product worth buying because Mustang is now the only game in town ! A win/win for Both customer & company...And yes sales should be up big time since Camaro/Challenger/Corvette are gone as affordable sporty and practical daily drivers with a V8 and manual transmission ! Consider me a future Mustang buyer or not...I ttried pretty much every Mustang since 1986 and had a Fox 5.0 GT and new Cobra after that after I defected to GM and Mopar...Corporations dont know any loyalty but only care about profits so no fanboy here !
The direct competitors are leaving because it is a shrinking market segment. Mustang has had the lions share of the segment for many years but it is a small slice of the overall pie and shrinking steadily. Selling 10,000 specialty go-fast Mustangs instead of 3,000 annually wouldn't even begin to fund the development and production of your meandering wishlist.

If you want loyalty, get a dog.
Sponsored