• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse poorly received??

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
I just looked inside C&D magazine issue page 41 and they think on the track the DH is better then the Mach 1. (see page cut attached). I test drove a DH and love the car and hope to get one since I always wanted the Tremec in a Mustang. BTW- I also love the fact that some of the engineering design work was influenced by smart female engineers. I think the Chief Engineer Laurie did a great job!

https://agirlsguidetocars.com/laurie-transou-mustang-chief-engineer/

P.S. with inflation high I bet 10 years from now people will see the DH as a bargain Iconic American V8 sports car.

R_and_D-page41cut.jpg
Sponsored

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I just looked inside C&D magazine issue page 41 and they think on the track the DH is better then the Mach 1. (see page cut attached). I test drove a DH and love the car and hope to get one since I always wanted the Tremec in a Mustang. BTW- I also love the fact that some of the engineering design work was influenced by smart female engineers. I think the Chief Engineer Laurie did a great job!

P.S. with inflation high I bet 10 years from now people will see the DH as a bargain Iconic American V8 sports car.

R_and_D-page41cut.jpg
So it had heat issues after a few laps in February. Not great for people who bought an auto.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
I would disagree that most of the reviews on YouTube are negative.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang

R_and_D-page41cut.jpg
I guess if you're all about DEI, it's great that it was a woman engineer but it would be great if they would have been able to keep the trans temps down on such a track focused car.

C&D didn't complain about the A10 in the ZL1

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
So it had heat issues after a few laps in February. Not great for people who bought an auto.
She was driving in full auto, not manual mode. Use the paddle shifters and avoid the indecisiveness and untimely downshifts.

Oh, and before anybody thinks she was literally part of the engineering team that designed and built the S650, she was not. She was only in charge of the program for "final adjustments and production roll-out". She was in charge of the product launch.

Last edited:

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Women engineers huh?

I hate stuff like this. I don’t care what the gender race or religion of whoever designs a car. I only care that they are the most qualified.

As a minority I want to be recognized/hired because I did the best job. I don’t want the bar lowered because of where my grandparents were born. I find it insulting personally.

I feel that my race being included in any recognition is more divisive and does more to drive us apart then bring us together. I’m teaching my daughters to think the same way.

the biggest challenge to being successful is starting off poor and / or not have strong parents as role models. Everything else in a just excuses.

sorry for my rant … back to mustangs

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Now at least we know why the DH has all that black Goth makeup on its face…🤣As for the overheating automatic another reason to get the manual as the Tremec is the only reason to get one over the regular GT ! I still thing the Tremec should be the only gearbox when speccing a manual especially looking how expensive the Mustang have become…I remember when you could get a nice Fox body Cobra for 20 grand brand new and we thought that was expensive 😉Not too long ago as in 30 years ago…Should have bought one instead of the then all new Z28 with the super powerful 275 hp LT1 and 6 speed manual…Good times 👍

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Now at least we know why the DH has all that black Goth makeup on its face…🤣As for the overheating automatic another reason to get the manual as the Tremec is the only reason to get one over the regular GT ! I still thing the Tremec should be the only gearbox when speccing a manual especially looking how expensive the Mustang have become…I remember when you could get a nice Fox body Cobra for 20 grand brand new and we thought that was expensive 😉Not too long ago as in 30 years ago…Should have bought one instead of the then all new Z28 with the super powerful 275 hp LT1 and 6 speed manual…Good times 👍
So why does black onyx interior get white stitch? Maybe change your fluid? Oh wait that would mean not rallying for a manual interaction so hold those ponies.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

R_and_D-page41cut.jpg
Lightning Lap means Nothing unless they let all cars run the same tire…Like letting runners compete one in hiking boots 🥾 the other wearing track shoes 👟…So much for the “king” 🤴when certain tires are only good for a few laps netting 5 seconds…C&D is fake news at best 🤣

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I remember when you could get a nice Fox body Cobra for 20 grand brand new and we thought that was expensive 😉Not too long ago as in 30 years ago…Should have bought one instead of the then all new Z28 with the super powerful 275 hp LT1 and 6 speed manual…Good times 👍
My parents paid $19,000 for a brand new 3-bedroom, 2-bath ranch home built in 1966, but that and the price of an early 90's Fox body are both irrelevant today.

I bought both a '91 Mustang LX 5.0 5-speed and an '84 Camaro Z-28 V8 5-speed. Good times, good times.

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Lightning Lap means Nothing unless they let all cars run the same tire…Like letting runners compete one in hiking boots 🥾 the other wearing track shoes 👟…So much for the “king” 🤴when certain tires are only good for a few laps netting 5 seconds…C&D is fake news at best 🤣
I don't agree the Lightning Lap means "nothing". Cars are driven stock and honestly that is how it should be. Comparing results year over year really isn't valid. Mach 1 had a faster lap than the GT 350R. So did the Dark Horse. Is the GT 350R slower than both of those cars same day? I highly highly doubt it.

Dark Horse had a respectable time. Achieving that time on Trofeo R tires shouldn't matter. Those are stock for HP cars same as the Trofeo R was stock for the 15 Z28 and Cup 2s were stock on Mach 1. Would the SS1LE be faster than both on Trofeo R or Cup 2s? Maybe. But that isn't how that car was shipped.

My issue is how close to level 3 in price the DH is and how hot the transmission got after a few laps in February. A10 ZL1 doesn't have this issue and the GT500 with DCT was also fine lap after lap. I dont recall if anyone tested a Mach 1 A10 car or not. Regardless Ford should address that issue. Trans overheating on a track focused car should not be happening. Especially in winter.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My parents paid $19,000 for a brand new 3-bedroom, 2-bath ranch home built in 1966, but that and the price of an early 90's Fox body are both irrelevant today.

I bought both a '91 Mustang LX 5.0 5-speed and an '84 Camaro Z-28 V8 5-speed. Good times, good times.
Looks like we are both carguys from the same generation…The point I tried to make that not too long ago you could buy a car like a Fox body 5.0 that was probably more fun because it was light and torquey for way less money…Car prices have risen like crazy look like a new $30000 car that looks like a Mustang while wages or real take home stayed where it was 30 years ago…No wonder younger people are not enthusiastic about cars/motorcycles anymore because they cant afford anything new anymore anywys…

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't agree the Lightning Lap means "nothing". Cars are driven stock and honestly that is how it should be. Comparing results year over year really isn't valid. Mach 1 had a faster lap than the GT 350R. So did the Dark Horse. Is the GT 350R slower than both of those cars same day? I highly highly doubt it.

Dark Horse had a respectable time. Achieving that time on Trofeo R tires shouldn't matter. Those are stock for HP cars same as the Trofeo R was stock for the 15 Z28 and Cup 2s were stock on Mach 1. Would the SS1LE be faster than both on Trofeo R or Cup 2s? Maybe. But that isn't how that car was shipped.

My issue is how close to level 3 in price the DH is and how hot the transmission got after a few laps in February. A10 ZL1 doesn't have this issue and the GT500 with DCT was also fine lap after lap. I dont recall if anyone tested a Mach 1 A10 car or not. Regardless Ford should address that issue. Trans overheating on a track focused car should not be happening. Especially in winter.
I hear you but if C&D wants to be taken serious in any shape or form they need to run a control tire ! Otherwise these lap times only mean a Trofeo costs $ 2500 a set but gives you 5 seconds for a few laps ! But with the heat issue I am with you…Mach 1 or DH with a Tremec are the only options as I remember german sport-auto runs laps on the Nuerburgring…The S550 with manual managed to make half a lap before it went into limp mode overheating so badly…The called it the couch with a V8…🤣The Mach 1 was able to finish the lap because of much needed additional oil coolers but lap times were nothing to write home about because it was the only car they managed to spin…The called it the Mach 0.1…🤣You can watch the episode on youtube auto motor und sport Fast Lap…

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I hear you but if C&D wants to be taken serious in any shape or form they need to run a control tire ! Otherwise these lap times only mean a Trofeo costs $ 2500 a set but gives you 5 seconds for a few laps ! But with the heat issue I am with you…Mach 1 or DH with a Tremec are the only options as I remember german sport-auto runs laps on the Nuerburgring…The S550 with manual managed to make half a lap before it went into limp mode overheating so badly…The called it the couch with a V8…🤣The Mach 1 was able to finish the lap because of much needed additional oil coolers but lap times were nothing to write home about because it was the only car they managed to spin…The called it the Mach 0.1…🤣You can watch the episode on youtube auto motor und sport Fast Lap…
LOL I knew about the S550 going limp mode but I did not know about the Mach 1 video. I will have to find it.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Car prices have risen like crazy look like a new $30000 car that looks like a Mustang while wages or real take home stayed where it was 30 years ago
Factually that’s wrong. And the lower the decile the HIGHER their wages have increased over the last decade.
Sponsored