• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse poorly received??

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I was thinking about getting a DH but I wanted ventilated seats. It's hat simple, I also think that I would not have gotten the X-plan pricing either.
I gave up AZ Plan on the GTPP to get the DH. That cost me about $11K.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Meh. No offense to anyone else, but we do quite well. šŸ˜‰

That said, I've saved (likely) close to six figures over the years thanks to AZ Plan, so I don't feel bad about paying MSRP once.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Meh. No offense to anyone else, but we do quite well. šŸ˜‰
I gottcha, I had a Corvette specked out that was 92K but they said it could take up to 2 years, I thought to myself "I could be dead by then", so for me the money wasn't the issue as much as the seats.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I gottcha, I had a Corvette specked out that was 92K but they said it could take up to 2 years, I thought to myself "I could be dead by then", so for me the money wasn't the issue as much as the seats.
Back in 2016, I was on my way, check in hand, to pick up a brand new CTS-V. I stopped at the Chevy dealership next door before making it to the Cadillac dealer. I bought the C7 Z06 that was sitting in the middle of the showroom instead.

Life is short. Buy what your heart tells you!

Screenshot_20240331_100714_Dropbox.jpg

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i
If a few thousand dollars determines which sports car a person will buy, perhaps that person isn't in the financial position to buy either one ... šŸ˜‰
I donā€™t view these options as a financial constraint.

The Carbon package doesnā€™t offer any additional functionality - thatā€™s why I wouldnā€™t buy it.

By the same token, the HP and Recaros are significant improvements over the regular DH. I wouldnā€™t buy a DH without the HP and Recaros.

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
So as I look into purchasing my Dark Horse a few things are apparent. Iā€™ve been to 4 dealers for reference.

1. They are sitting in showrooms with no dealer markup. Thatā€™s good news and bad news.
2. The dealers generally know very little about them. And seem disinterested in selling them.
3. The highest percentage of reviews on YouTube seem negative or MEH.

Iā€™ll say that I was able to test drive a 6sp DH Thursday and truly loved the car. Obviously I wasnā€™t on the track or drag strip. But from an overall awesome interior, the sweet Tremec and overall fun factor I was impressed.

Iā€™m guessing the price point, interest rates and the enthusiastā€™s continued love of the 2018 GT350 seems to have stalled any excitement for the DH.
Just wondered what others thoughts are.
This is just my opinion but there are 2 main reasons I don't have a DH.

1. It doesn't significantly outperform or differ much from a base GT. 15k more for a HP DH is a big ask when 15k in the aftermarket will make the GT perform better anyway.

2. A premium DH HP is now in the price range of C8 and M4. Both of which are in a completely different league than a Mustang. You can spec a DH well into the 80s with the carbon fiber wheels and there is a lot more car out there for that 80k.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Real problem with the DH is that Ford did not raise the bar over the Mach 1 but only raised the priceā€¦Chassis is the same as before and not as good as Alpha but numbers where generated by putting sticky DOT legal race tires on it with all the shortcoming in real lifeā€¦Short life , tramlining and danger in rain/colder temperaturesā€¦Weight is higher and the engine still the sameā€¦The interior is really no upgrade either unless you like the touchscreensā€¦šŸ˜•70 grand plus roughly 10% tax & license is a lot of money for basically the same Mustang you could get since 2015 albeit with the mexican Tremec instead of the chinese Getrag which has not the best reputationā€¦

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I donā€™t view these options as a financial constraint.

The Carbon package doesnā€™t offer any additional functionality - thatā€™s why I wouldnā€™t buy it.

By the same token, the HP and Recaros are significant improvements over the regular DH. I wouldnā€™t buy a DH without the HP and Recaros.
The HP is only a significant improvement if you're going to use it. Otherwise, it doesn't offer any additional functionality.

Would you buy a parachute if you never planned on getting on or jumping out of an airplane? Nope.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
To me the DH was initially priced where the C8 was...

And like the Mach 1, sure it's cool but you're going to see the exact same car on the road. So that kind of takes the coolness out of it a little.

The price difference would get you a GT, add the whipple, add your own suspension and wheels and whatever personalization to it...

but I can see getting the complete package on day 1

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
The HP is only a significant improvement if you're going to use it. Otherwise, it doesn't offer any additional functionality.

Would you buy a parachute if you never planned on getting on or jumping out of an airplane? Nope.
You are absolute rightā€¦If you dont track it I would not get the HP package for obvious reasonsā€¦Tire$$$ , tramlining , less traction in rain and temperatures below 60 degreesā€¦Also the Recaros in Mustang spec feel like vise grips if you are not super skinnyā€¦Less is here definitely more !
Sponsored