• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Hood Graphis Removal?

CarGuyBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse Blue Ember - 22 Mach-E GTPE - Bronco
My Dark Horse is hopefully going to be produced the week of 10-16-23. I ordered Blue Ember, so I had to get the appearance package. I am not a fan of the vinal stripes on the hood and was wondering if anyone had removed them.

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Hood Graphis Removal? Hood
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Can't speak to the DH, but for those that have removed them from the Mach, it's straightforward: catch an edge, lift and pull. The vinyl material is somewhat stretchy. I have not read an instance where someone lifted paint while doing so. It does seem easier to remove the when the car is newer. If in doubt, a detail shop, one that does wraps, could easily accommodate your request.

OP
OP
CarGuyBill

CarGuyBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't speak to the DH, but for those that have removed them from the Mach, it's straightforward: catch an edge, lift and pull. The vinyl material is somewhat stretchy. I have not read an instance where someone lifted paint while doing so. It does seem easier to remove the when the car is newer. If in doubt, a detail shop, one that does wraps, could easily accommodate your request.
Thanks for the info. I was mainly interested in what others thought about removal of the stripes Looks Wise. I am thinking it will expose more Blue Ember and that will be a good thing. I did custom paint work a decade or so aga and am thinking about breaking out the deVilbiss and shooting the roof Blue Ember. I don't get why you have to get the Black Roof with that color unless it is a cost thing.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Thanks for the info. I was mainly interested in what others thought about removal of the stripes Looks Wise. I am thinking it will expose more Blue Ember and that will be a good thing. I did custom paint work a decade or so aga and am thinking about breaking out the deVilbiss and shooting the roof Blue Ember. I don't get why you have to get the Black Roof with that color unless it is a cost thing.

I think it would look great...... I'm also not a fan of the stripes.....

I LOVE the look of the Mach 1 with the stripes removed.... honestly the only stripes I really like are the traditional Shelby stripes- but just my opinion....and you know what they say about opinions lol

Personally I would remove them - might also pick up a new set of OE stripes and put in storage so if I ever wanted to sell- would have them available to give to new owner in case was a deal breaker / if new owner really wanted them ...just something to consider.....

Kraus143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It should just peel off. I think it looks good with the blue amber, though. I just saw a black Dark horse with the mate black decals, and on that car, I would absolutely peel them off!

OP
OP
CarGuyBill

CarGuyBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I stand corrected! 👍
I thought there was an option for Painted when I ordered it but it was from what I remember 5k so that was a pass. I do not see the option on the Design and Build.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
They warn you about pressure washing the car because it might remove the decals so I assume at least some of the artwork isn't painted. I may have to be careful with the nozzle I like to use on the hose because it produces a fairly narrow stream of water.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram
This was a hot topic with the Mach 1's... quite a few people removed the graphics but lots of people love them.

Personally they are probably my least favorite thing on the DH. I've done build and price several times and always keep thinking they look awful and removing them would be my first mod if I bought one. But I'm sure a lot of folks think they look great.

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
Personally, I don't understand why anyone would want to cover up that AMAZING PAINT COLOR with stickers...LOL

especially if you pay extra for it.

OP
OP
CarGuyBill

CarGuyBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree about covering up the Blue Ember. I am most likely going to take the heat gun to them when the car arrives.

The painted stripes are available it was right in front of my eyes, but for that type of money I think I could have some cool ghost flames or something that is very unique.

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Hood Graphis Removal? 1696601908043
Sponsored