• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cluster add-on?

Nv6974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
When adding the trip 2 to the cluster, it never stays, once you turn it off and restart car it goes away. Is it supposed to stay or not? Apologies if this question is a repeat, haven't had time to keep up with all the post/questions on here, too busy enjoying new ride!!!!

Thanks for your help in advance!
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
When adding the trip 2 to the cluster, it never stays, once you turn it off and restart car it goes away. Is it supposed to stay or not? Apologies if this question is a repeat, haven't had time to keep up with all the post/questions on here, too busy enjoying new ride!!!!

Thanks for your help in advance!
From the owners manual. The first part makes it appear that the computers do not reset until you reset them (just like on the S550).

But I'm guessing your issue is in the configuration part (that the S550 does not have).

ACCESSING THE TRIP COMPUTER
The trip computer is available as a configurable screen in your instrument cluster. See Customizing the Instrument Cluster Display (page 114).
Once the screens have been added, use the instrument cluster display controls on the steering wheel to view each trip screen.
RESETTING THE TRIP COMPUTER

1. Press Settings on the touchscreen.
  2. Press Instrument Cluster.
  3. Press Trip 1 or Trip 2.
  4. Press Reset Values.
  5. Select which values to reset.
CONFIGURING THE TRIP COMPUTER
  4. Press Configure View.
  5. Select the views you prefer.
Note: There is a minimum of one and a maximum of 4 items that can be selected at one time.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I have both added and mine does not disappear like that.

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium/Vapor Blue/PP/401A
From the owners manual. The first part makes it appear that the computers do not reset until you reset them (just like on the S550).

But I'm guessing your issue is in the configuration part (that the S550 does not have).

ACCESSING THE TRIP COMPUTER
The trip computer is available as a configurable screen in your instrument cluster. See Customizing the Instrument Cluster Display (page 114).
Once the screens have been added, use the instrument cluster display controls on the steering wheel to view each trip screen.
RESETTING THE TRIP COMPUTER

4. Press Reset Values.
  5. Select which values to reset.
CONFIGURING THE TRIP COMPUTER
  4. Press Configure View.
  5. Select the views you prefer.
Note: There is a minimum of one and a maximum of 4 items that can be selected at one time.
I have tried to change mine multiple times to no avail. Also, there is nothing that says "Reset Values" or "Configure View" in the list of options that I did not notice in the times that I tried. I will try again to double check.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Mine has the same issue. For some reason settings are not held after turning the car off.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I've set mine up to remove the Trip 1, and it just goes away even with personal profiles enabled.
Surprised there hasn't been an OTA update yet but I guess I'm the clown for actually thinking Ford would do anything like Tesla

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
Same thing happens to me. Any change like adding the Trip 2 will reset after I turn off and exit the car.
I ready somewhere that it has to do with the Profiles being enabled...i have not tested disabling profiles yet...
Sponsored