• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car Tint Bubbling

Asianism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I just got my car ceramic tinted over the weekend and the first day I started to see some air bubbles forming on the windows and I’m wondering if these look like normal bubbles that will go away or if the tint needs to be redone. Also im noticing it bubbling around the mustang logo on the windshield and the mustang outlines on the back glass if anybody else had that issue. Any advice on what to do?
S650 Mustang Car Tint Bubbling IMG_7711

S650 Mustang Car Tint Bubbling IMG_7708

S650 Mustang Car Tint Bubbling IMG_7709
S650 Mustang Car Tint Bubbling IMG_7703
S650 Mustang Car Tint Bubbling IMG_7704
S650 Mustang Car Tint Bubbling IMG_7705
S650 Mustang Car Tint Bubbling IMG_7707
Sponsored

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
Thanks for sharing. I will not get ceramic. Standard has always worked for me.

bgold87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
Let your tint person know, but mine took a bit over a week to fully dry.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Asianism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
It’s been 3ish days now, just concerned that these bubbles aren’t gonna go away as they don’t look like the water bubbles you would usually see. Maybe it was just a bad job, the installer said they do lifetime warranty and to come in and let them redo it if there’s a problem, but I don’t want them redoing it if it’s normal to have some bubbles like that

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
It’s been 3ish days now, just concerned that these bubbles aren’t gonna go away as they don’t look like the water bubbles you would usually see. Maybe it was just a bad job, the installer said they do lifetime warranty and to come in and let them redo it if there’s a problem, but I don’t want them redoing it if it’s normal to have some bubbles like that
my tint took about 2 weeks of sitting in the sun for the bubbles to fully go away, give it another week and make sure its in the sun as much as possible.

kneeko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 S650 GT
Honestly some of it could be bubbles but most likely it’s contamination from the installer messing up. Ive done a couple of tint jobs myself and it looks like the bubbles around the logos should go away but the random dots in the middle looks like either dirt or cloth particles that won’t come out.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'm using ceramic tint on the windows and PPF on the body. These materials use heat and the UV rays of the Sun to cure, settle and dry out after being installed. Early on, it's best to keep the car exposed in the daylight hours, if possible.

After the curing period has passed, return to the installer to have them work on any remaining bubbles. I had a handful which were noticeable on the rear valance panel; they used a soft squeegee to push them out. My windshield had several which for the most part worked themselves out. I haven't noticed any other bubbles across any of the other windows. I'm not sure how the windshield's "Soundscreen" coating affects the application of tint.

Across all the materials, I have a few left on the body and windshield; they are so slight, I don't notice, unless I'm inches away or I catch them in the light a certain way.

Let them cure as best possible. Don't touch any of the areas of concern. Once the curing period has passed, return to the installer. Do not attempt to clear any of the affected areas yourself. After the curing period has passed, if the installer wants to re-accomplish any of the affected areas, let them.

For anyone considering the installation of these products, tour the shops under consideration. The one I rely on has clean areas, to include a paint booth and "no-go" rules when someone is prepping or applying product. The shop is clean and well-kept. The alternative is a group working in an area where people and vehicles are actively roaming about uncontrolled. Confirm the name and type of products being used and ask about warranty coverage. For tint, review your state's laws and consider the posture of local law enforcement. Most localities are somewhat forgiving. Some are not.

Last edited:

347Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang, 2024 Dark Horse Blue Ember
I just got my car ceramic tinted over the weekend and the first day I started to see some air bubbles forming on the windows and I’m wondering if these look like normal bubbles that will go away or if the tint needs to be redone. Also im noticing it bubbling around the mustang logo on the windshield and the mustang outlines on the back glass if anybody else had that issue. Any advice on what to do?
IMG_7711.jpeg

IMG_7708.jpeg

IMG_7709.jpeg
IMG_7703.jpeg
IMG_7704.jpeg
IMG_7705.jpeg
IMG_7707.jpeg
If ya dont mind me asking, what % did you go on the tint. Up here in canada the shop wont tint my windshield. I know its not legal to apply tint to the front windshield but I dont give two sh$ts. lol

OP
OP

Asianism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
It’s 15% all around and the dealer recommended 50% on the windshield. Cops are pretty forgiving here in Florida because of the heat.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
I can relate to the 5th and 6th pic. It took over a week for it to go away. But the weather has been average here in CA hence. Stick in the sun and do not touch with tint and move it around. If it still stays this way for 2 more weeks / go back to the tinting dude.
PS - I got ceramics too - 15% all around except the windshield
Sponsored