• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Can the piped in fake exhaust sound be silenced?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost conv.
@Finface did you ever try anything? I also read all that and did mess around with my 2016 ecoboost in the past..however my 2024 is soo much louder, which i dont like...it bothers my ears. This is why i bought an ecoboost in the first place. I was wondering the following...

Has anyone verified that the forscan codes are the same in the 2024?
I wanted to try the test someone mentioned about pulling the fuse...my question is which one(s)...there is

25-A 30A Amplifier Fuse
4- A 20A Amplifier Fuse
15- A 15A Sync Fuse
32-A 20A Audio Unit Fuse

My thought would be to pull the 2 amplifier fuses? Anyone know if this would cause a problem?
Sponsored

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
only if you want to listen to any audio sources (FM< SXM<etc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost conv.
If anyone is interested...I did some test on my 2024 Eco as well as on my 2016 Eco and my 2013 GT. The 2016 and 2013 GT tests were done in the past with the same calibrated microphone and software. Basically strapped a decent full frequency calibrated microphone to my glasses ear peice so they were by my ear and recorded SPL level in DB at Idle, 50mph cruzine and at full throttle...the results are interesting...

2013 Mustang GT (Stock)
Idle 50 Full Throttle
79db 84db 92/93db

2016 Ecoboost
Idle 50 Full Throttle
73db 79db 88db

2024 Ecoboost
Idle 50 Full
79/80 83 93

If you look at the numbers you can see that the 2024 ecoboost is just about at the same level as the 2013 Stock GT. Which is what my ears were telling me. The 2016 Ecoboost was significantly lower across the board.

6 db is twice the volume level.

I also had pulled the fuses on the amps on both the 2016 Ecoboost and the 2024 Ecoboost. In both cases there were two effects....

1-The growl and fake sounds were gone as expected and the engine sounded like a normalish car....this is due of course to the removal of the ESE simulated sounds. On the 16 there was a slight decrease but on the 2024 there was quite a massive change in the engine noise. On the 16 if no one told you ...you might not notice...on the 24 you would think something is wrong with your car if you didn't know the ESE was off. As a matter of fact...interestingly...the car seemed slower. i know it was not but that was the effect.

2-the overall noise level when up. This is because the ANC noise cancellation was defeated. In both cases, after driving the car for a while....i felt that the ANC really did alot and in the end i put it back on as i did not like the added noise i was hearing.

Unfortunately the Forscan codes (As far as i know) dont let you defeat the ESE but leave the ANC on...they are tied together...you keep them both or defeat them both.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
To put the GT bit to rest two things firstly simply starting the car and listening tells you the sound is coming from the exhaust side of the car

Secondly the GT had a sound tube pumping in noise (ignore the question I pulled this off google)
S650 Mustang Can the piped in fake exhaust sound be silenced? IMG_0979

Meanwhile the 2024 has nothing on its intakes
S650 Mustang Can the piped in fake exhaust sound be silenced? 20240422_190823

S650 Mustang Can the piped in fake exhaust sound be silenced? 20240422_190819

So I can say that it definitely doesn't pump in audio like it used to.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
If anyone is interested...I did some test on my 2024 Eco as well as on my 2016 Eco and my 2013 GT. The 2016 and 2013 GT tests were done in the past with the same calibrated microphone and software. Basically strapped a decent full frequency calibrated microphone to my glasses ear peice so they were by my ear and recorded SPL level in DB at Idle, 50mph cruzine and at full throttle...the results are interesting...

2013 Mustang GT (Stock)
Idle 50 Full Throttle
79db 84db 92/93db

2016 Ecoboost
Idle 50 Full Throttle
73db 79db 88db

2024 Ecoboost
Idle 50 Full
79/80 83 93

If you look at the numbers you can see that the 2024 ecoboost is just about at the same level as the 2013 Stock GT. Which is what my ears were telling me. The 2016 Ecoboost was significantly lower across the board.

6 db is twice the volume level.

I also had pulled the fuses on the amps on both the 2016 Ecoboost and the 2024 Ecoboost. In both cases there were two effects....

1-The growl and fake sounds were gone as expected and the engine sounded like a normalish car....this is due of course to the removal of the ESE simulated sounds. On the 16 there was a slight decrease but on the 2024 there was quite a massive change in the engine noise. On the 16 if no one told you ...you might not notice...on the 24 you would think something is wrong with your car if you didn't know the ESE was off. As a matter of fact...interestingly...the car seemed slower. i know it was not but that was the effect.

2-the overall noise level when up. This is because the ANC noise cancellation was defeated. In both cases, after driving the car for a while....i felt that the ANC really did alot and in the end i put it back on as i did not like the added noise i was hearing.

Unfortunately the Forscan codes (As far as i know) dont let you defeat the ESE but leave the ANC on...they are tied together...you keep them both or defeat them both.
Were you able to find a way to quiet the Ecoboost Exhaust on the 2024? THANKS!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost conv.
Not yet..since the car is so new I don't think all the forescan codes have been mapped out. In some of the newer Ford's it does seem like they have the ability to disable anc and ese independently. I have not had a chance to try it on this car yet but I will.

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
Not yet..since the car is so new I don't think all the forescan codes have been mapped out. In some of the newer Ford's it does seem like they have the ability to disable anc and ese independently. I have not had a chance to try it on this car yet but I will.
I followed this facebook post using Forscan, but not 100% sure it worked on my Ecoboost Premium. A bunch of folks commented that it worked. I still get a "reverb" type noise when cruising at speed. Would love to know if it works for anyone else.

2024+ Mustang S650 | This got buried near the bottom of another thread, so I thought I’d parse it out and start a new thread with it… I was able to delete the engine n... | Facebook
Sponsored