• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Auto Lock when walk away?

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I've never studied this feature, but I believe I have it or some variant of it.

If washing the car with the FOB in my pocket, the doors will lock/unlock (maybe just unlocking repeatedly) depending on how close I am, often without touching the handle, sometimes when walking away. It's weird, so I just set the FOB off to the side. I think it's wigging out from the going back-and-forth.

While on the topic, consider purchasing a pair of Faraday pouches, one for each FOB, to isolate them when not in use.
Yeah, I noticed it last night, when I was in the garage. I did not even have my keys on me. They were hanging on the hook maybe 30 feet from the garage door and it kept sounding like it was locking and unlocking every time I would move.
Sponsored

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
That is the water coming in contact with the door handle. All my Fords, with touch lock/unlock, have done this.
Not in my case lastnight. I wasn’t washing nothing in the garage