• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Auto high beam/Auto low beam issues

OP
OP
Modn

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
'town' also has lots of streetlamps which will likewise disable. Your statements aren't clear. RU saying that once you're back on a pitch-dark highway the auto-high doesn't resume correct behavior? Unless you keyed the car off/on?

rant: I want to *do unspeakable* to everyone who relies on auto-beam and can't be bothered to make sure their main lights (and tail) are ON when it's way past sundown. They run around with DRL oblivious that their tail lights are totally out and their so-called front illumination isn't also actually ON. It seems certain brands may have wildly defective sensors (Honda? Kia?) but there is no excuse for drivers oblivious to correct operation. If I was king for a day, all this 'automation' would be only allowed if the driver were subjected to 5000V shock as condition of starting the car.
Yes, pitch black. My statement is as clear as I can be. Not new to this as this is my 4th vehicle with it, still own 3 of them. It disables itself when it shouldn't. It's obvious now it isn't widespread as just one other has the same problem. I will be calling my dealer to at least report it. My F 150's are flawless with it. Never thought I would like it when I had the Maverick 1st.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Not sure if it is technically auto high or auto low beam......Anyways......the 2 times at night I have driven it. Works great to start, then I slow down coming into town or tonight I slowed down coming off the exit. Auto is gone. I can obviously turn it to high beam or to low beam manually. The circled white A which means auto mode is gone too (which indicates auto high beam is active). Both my F150's have it, so I'm used to it. I get home turn it off and start it back up and it doesn't come out of it. If I turn it off, open the door and let the lights go off (like I'm walking away), I can start it up and it's reset. Not sure what the issue is, But It seems to be when I slow down it doesn't offer it anymore. I don't honestly care a bunch, BUT, I did pay for it, therefore it should work. Take it to the dealer or has anyone had this happen?
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: Dxm

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
'town' also has lots of streetlamps which will likewise disable. Your statements aren't clear. RU saying that once you're back on a pitch-dark highway the auto-high doesn't resume correct behavior? Unless you keyed the car off/on?

rant: I want to *do unspeakable* to everyone who relies on auto-beam and can't be bothered to make sure their main lights (and tail) are ON when it's way past sundown. They run around with DRL oblivious that their tail lights are totally out and their so-called front illumination isn't also actually ON. It seems certain brands may have wildly defective sensors (Honda? Kia?) but there is no excuse for drivers oblivious to correct operation. If I was king for a day, all this 'automation' would be only allowed if the driver were subjected to 5000V shock as condition of starting the car.
I think you are confusing auto lights and auto high beam - two different things
Sponsored