• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Audio distortion when changing climate settings

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Hello,

Does anybody else get really bad audio distortion when you mess with the climate settings while listening to music? It does it sometimes also when turning on the seat warmers. I am hopeful that a software update can fix the issue.
Sponsored

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
Sounds like a grounding issue that software isn't going to fix. Contact your dealer for warranty work.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have the same issue. Seems to only happen when listening to android auto. When listening to sirius xm it doesn't do it. To me it seems like it is a software/firmware issue.

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
I have that issue too. I’m sure it’s a software issue not a grounding issue lol come on

OP
OP
SciaticNervePain

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I have the same issue. Seems to only happen when listening to android auto. When listening to sirius xm it doesn't do it. To me it seems like it is a software/firmware issue.
I have it too. I only hear it when using apple car play. It happens when I change a setting after the not touching anything on the infotainment for a while.
Same here, I also use Apple Car Play. It's interesting that it also happens with Android Auto as well. Hopefully, Ford is aware somehow and will work on an update soon. I will let my dealer know when I take it in for an oil change.

On the positive side, I guess I am glad that I am not the only one lol Cheers! :beer:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
question.....when using Apple car play are talking with the cable connection or wireless CarPlay. I noticed this happening as well but only when I am on usb connection

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Interesting... I use wireless Apple CarPlay and today, for the first time after owning the vehicle for a little over 30 days, I had audio issues. I even restarted the vehicle entirely and still had the issue. I DID NOT try any of the other audio sources. I may mess around with it more this afternoon. As others mentioned, hopefully this is something that can be resolved through a simple software update.

OP
OP
SciaticNervePain

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
question.....when using Apple car play are talking with the cable connection or wireless CarPlay. I noticed this happening as well but only when I am on usb connection
I was using wireless ACP up until about 2 weeks ago I switched to wired but the distortion still happens either way for me.

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
I have the same issue. Audio system makes a buzzing noise for a second when I press the Mustang button while using wireless CarPlay. The s650 audio system seems to have a lot of bugs in it…

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Another bug!

OP
OP
SciaticNervePain

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I have the same issue. Audio system makes a buzzing noise for a second when I press the Mustang button while using wireless CarPlay. The s650 audio system seems to have a lot of bugs in it…
Yes, same here as well.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Definitely just a software glitch. Happens to me all the time. Pretty awesome for Ford to advertise OTA updates and not send one out in the first 4 months when there's multiple issues : ))))
Sponsored