• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Asking Salesman for an “OTD price” before order is built

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Anyone ask the salesman for an Out the door price before your special order has been delivered?
Just to see what fees they plan on attaching to the sale….
I ordered from Granger they are upfront, 2% below invoice and $180 Doc fee... 7 months later at delivery, price was honored and best of all no surprise add-ons or up-sell attempts. @Zach@Granger are the best in the biz.
Sponsored

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
I got the out the door cost at the time I ordered.
No trade and cash deal made it straight forward. It OTD price dropped $1000 because the Gass Guzzler tax went away

OP
OP

FrankAR15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS Fsport, Toyota 4Runner, Genesis coupe
Idk man… seems beyond petty.. like if a few hundred or thousand discrepancy is a deal breaker I’m not trying to do business with that person…

we have a saying in my friend circle….. “you gonna buy the car or you not gonna buy the car…. He not gonna buy the car”
Yes! A few thousand discrepancy is DEFINITELY a deal breaker………

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
One of the few benefits of being an A/Z Plan buyer: There is nothing TO negotiate, and you know exactly what you're going to pay.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
in VA the "doc fee" must be charged on all transactions, if even one person is charged it. Of course you do just like you did and have them discount the car price to negate.

In MD by law it's "not required" and they even have to post a sign on EVERY entrance attesting to that fact. I've bought in MD twice and both times they refused to waive the doc fee, but I would only agree to a price that negated it. I haven't tested forcing them to strike the line-item entirely.
That’s why I always negotiate the out the door price, even when trading. I don’t care what line they put the numbers on as long as the bottom line number is to my liking. I’ll pay a doc fee as long as they discount the price of the car.

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
FrankAR15,
To answer your question. Yes I did. Answers anywhere from 10% of MSRP to 10k . And if paying cash and not financing $40k. Yes that's correct Huntley Illinois Ford tried to add 40k. I walked, Ford had already made me drop the CF Wheels, the AP, and the HP. So without the AP I couldn't get the Blue Ember Metallic. This was a deal breaker for me.But in the end Ford Customer Relations called told me about Huntley dealership and Pekin IL. They had my DH at Pekin minus the CFW's exactly the way I ordered sitting on their showroom floor. I purchased it 12/27 for MSRP. Shop around. The Huntley dealership is still holding their DH as of last week.
Here's pictures taken 12/28/23

S650 Mustang Asking Salesman for an “OTD price” before order is built 20231228_082520

S650 Mustang Asking Salesman for an “OTD price” before order is built 20231228_082547

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
The car is going to cost me $1000 less because Ford dropped the GG tax

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Anyone ask the salesman for an Out the door price before your special order has been delivered?
Just to see what fees they plan on attaching to the sale….
When I ordered the salesman told me the GM would price the Mustang.
No money down & no obligations to purchase.
I will use the X-Plan.
Forgot to mention, I’ve known the GM for many years.
Sponsored