• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Apple CarPlay Issue

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
When I go to library & then songs sometimes my whole list of songs appears and sometimes only like 6 songs appear. Sometimes backing out and going back in or hitting explore and going back in fixes this but usually it doesn't unfortunately. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm using Amazon music but maybe I would be better off switching to Apple Music with the thought it might work better with Apple Car Play. I don't have a massive library either. It's only about 30 songs. Anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions?

S650 Mustang Apple CarPlay Issue 1693275952674
Sponsored

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm guessing if I switch music providers I will have to write down all my songs and add all my songs back to the new provider one by one. Anyone who has switched before found a better way to do so? If I switch I'm probably going to Apple Music for maximum compatibility.

aidanmeade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem. Convertible 2020 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Prem
I'm guessing if I switch music providers I will have to write down all my songs and add all my songs back to the new provider one by one. Anyone who has switched before found a better way to do so? If I switch I'm probably going to Apple Music for maximum compatibility.
I get this on Apple CarPlay on all my cars. Both Apple Music and Spotify do it, I think it's just a CarPlay issue in general, not specific to any app.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
You should switch from Amazon music not for the CarPlay glitch, but because Jeff Bezos is a supervillain.
I personally prefer the UI of Spotify to Apple Music. If youā€™re seriously considering a switch I would go Spotify 10 times outta 10 (and Iā€™m a huge Apple fanboy)

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Local vs remote library?

RadBadChad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang V6, 24 GT
Does this happen with android auto too?

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I tried restarting my phone right before I got in the car today and that didn't do anything. Still having the same missing songs issue. Wouldn't be so bad but the library drops from 30 songs to about 6. Tempted to switch to Apple Music but that would be a lot of work for nothing if it didn't fix it. Another poster was saying they get this same issue on all of their Apple Car Play cars. I thought all my apps were updating automatically but I opened the app store and there was an update available for Amazon music. I did the update and might take the car out again for a spin this evening to see if that does anything.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
Well I tried restarting my phone right before I got in the car today and that didn't do anything. Still having the same missing songs issue. Wouldn't be so bad but the library drops from 30 songs to about 6. Tempted to switch to Apple Music but that would be a lot of work for nothing if it didn't fix it. Another poster was saying they get this same issue on all of their Apple Car Play cars. I thought all my apps were updating automatically but I opened the app store and there was an update available for Amazon music. I did the update and might take the car out again for a spin this evening to see if that does anything.
Are you actually driving the vehicle when this happens? Or is it parked? I find I only have the issue when the car is moving. Essentially limited what you can access so that you aren't taking your eyes off the road looking for a song for too long.

aidanmeade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem. Convertible 2020 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Prem
Are you actually driving the vehicle when this happens? Or is it parked? I find I only have the issue when the car is moving. Essentially limited what you can access so that you aren't taking your eyes off the road looking for a song for too long.
I think this may be the "issue." I always assumed it does it due to being on WIFI while still in my garage compared to being on cellular data while moving. Is this an intended feature because it definitely sounds like it could be. Ill have to try this and see if I get full access to playlists while moving/away from WIFI.

Bybotie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, PP
Do you have the Amazon Music app in Car Mode?

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great question. I'll have to investigate that at a stop light on my evening cruise. I will say I had the full list while I was parked at the gas station. Maybe they don't want you scrolling but I can't remember every song name to call it out with my voice. Might try creating a driving playlist as well I don't have to sift through. I think you can pull playlist on it from what I remember. I have a lot of music my kid likes saved to my generic song list. When I'm riding solo I'm not really trying to blast "So Call Me Maybe."

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have the Amazon Music app in Car Mode?
Thanks for the suggestion. I figured that would happen automatically when I set the car to apple car play but maybe not. I'll try that as well tonight just in case.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I think this may be the "issue." I always assumed it does it due to being on WIFI while still in my garage compared to being on cellular data while moving. Is this an intended feature because it definitely sounds like it could be. Ill have to try this and see if I get full access to playlists while moving/away from WIFI.
When your phone connects to CarPlay you are automatically disconnected from Wi-Fi and switched over to data
Sponsored