• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any pre-orders yet?

ws2186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Camaro
Has anyone been able to get on a waitlist for the S650 yet? If so, where?

Thanks!

William
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I very much doubt that. Dealers are only just taking orders for the '22MY S550

OP
OP

ws2186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Camaro
I very much doubt that. Dealers are only just taking orders for the '22MY S550
Thanks for the reply

Not necessarily an official order, I was just curious as to whether there are any dealerships that have a waiting list going. Seems like everything has been sold out for months/years before hitting the market these days so I didn't want to hear again "oh there's been people on a list for that for years already" as has happened with other vehicles lately

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I highly doubt it, but it's an interesting question. I might stop by a few Ford dealers to see if there's any indication that any of them will take an unofficial deposit for an unofficial preorder.

With that said, I don't believe I will placing an order for the first model year (I never do).

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
I highly doubt it, but it's an interesting question. I might stop by a few Ford dealers to see if there's any indication that any of them will take an unofficial deposit for an unofficial preorder.

With that said, I don't believe I will placing an order for the first model year (I never do).
Why not ?

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Mostly due to personal preference - meaning to hopefully avoid any early productions bugs (I mean this for all makes generally).

But more so in Ford's case because of late due to a myriad of issues that early model years have seen for the latest Expedition (go to the ST forums, it's not pretty) and Escape. There have been numerous recalls for the latest Escape and Expedition. That's certainly no concrete indication that there will be any bugs with the first run of S650, but I'd rather sit back and see how the first year plays out. Again, just personal preference.

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
Mostly due to personal preference - meaning to hopefully avoid any early productions bugs (I mean this for all makes generally).

But more so in Ford's case because of late due to a myriad of issues that early model years have seen for the latest Expedition (go to the ST forums, it's not pretty) and Escape. There have been numerous recalls for the latest Escape and Expedition. That's certainly no concrete indication that there will be any bugs with the first run of S650, but I'd rather sit back and see how the first year plays out. Again, just personal preference.
I respect your decision! On the contrary, I feel like Ford has spend a lot of time keeping tight wraps on the s650 program and doing a lot of testing behind the scenes to prevent serious issues with the first model year of a new generation. They also recently invested into a company that will allow them to make their own chips to prevent problem/delays. I’ll be leasing a GT premium so I’ll personally update the forum if I experience any reoccurring issues.

MoosetangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What would even be the timeline for deliveries? With the parts shortage I doubt we'll see any before 2023 itself even if orders open in the Summer.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
What would even be the timeline for deliveries? With the parts shortage I doubt we'll see any before 2023 itself even if orders open in the Summer.
I don't know any facts but hopefully it comes down to Q4 2022 job no.1. However, looking at the Mach 1, S650 might be pushed back to Januar 2023.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I think @amk91 has indicated Job 1/Start of Production will be January 2023.

'22MY start of production is January 3rd 2022

'21MY start of production was the first week of January 2021........although this was as a result of the '20MY being extremely long (Oct 2019-Dec 2020) due to the Covid delays.