• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

AMP'D 2.0 Throttle Booster S650

MustangMan72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I finally reached the 1000 mile mark yesterday on my new 2024 Mustang GT Premium. So, I thought I would try installing the AMP'D 2.0 Throttle Booster to make the car a little more responsive. Prior to trading in my 2016 Mustang GT Premium I called Holley, the makers of the AMP'D 2.0 Throttle Booster, to ask them if the AMP'D 2.0 Throttle Booster would work on the new S650. They told me that they had not tested it on the S650 and could not guarantee if it would or would not work. They told me that once I had the car to try it and if it didn't work or caused any issues to just pull it off. So, I pulled the AMP'D 2.0 Throttle Booster off of my 2016 with hopes and aspirations of it working.

The AMP'D 2.0 Throttle Booster made a big difference in the throttle response of my 2024 Mustang GT Premium! It is a lot more fun to drive now. I have had it on for 1 day now with no issues. I will make updates to this post after it's been on for a week or two to let everyone know how it's performing. I smoked a Scat Pack the other day! I just left him off the line and was about 5 car lengths in front before I let off the throttle. I did switch the car into track mode before the light turned green. I was trying not to get on the car until the 1000 mile mark but this guy rolled up quick behind me and as the light was changing to red he shot over into the other lane to challenge. So, I couldn't resist. If I am honest, I was a little worried for two reasons. One, I had never really gotten into the S650 and did not know how it was going to respond. Two, I knew the few times I had moderately gotten on the gas from a stop the S650 seemed a little sluggish compared to my S550. Then there's the will the car stay hooked up or will it just spin out at launch. Not to mention, I didn't know this guy or what mods he had done to his Scat Pack. I could hear that it at least had an aftermarket exhaust. Anyway, the S650 did it's job and did it well! I said all that to say if I were to be in that same situation now with the AMP'D 2.0 Throttle Booster, I would feel a lot better about the challenge. Not that it makes a big difference, based on the Steeda video's, I have removed the resonator and installed the Ford Performance X pipe.

I have ran the AMP'D 2.0 Throttle Booster for years on my 2016 Mustang GT Premium and now on my 2024 Mustang GT Premium. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an easy mod to wake up their S650. You simply unplug the cable attached to your gas pedal and plug their module in line (disconnect the battery prior to plugging in to avoid throwing any codes on the car). Then a quick sync with the app on your phone followed by a pedal learn and you are ready to go. Total install time 10 minutes.

Here is a link to the AMP'D 2.0 Throttle Booster that I purchased. They do give a military discount but you have to call them to get it.
https://www.holley.com/products/tuners_and_programmers/throttle_sensitivity_booster/parts/18862-2

S650 Mustang AMP'D 2.0 Throttle Booster S650 ampd_2_01
S650 Mustang AMP'D 2.0 Throttle Booster S650 20231016_203401
S650 Mustang AMP'D 2.0 Throttle Booster S650 20231016_203417
Sponsored

Last edited: