• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Active exhaust, how to make track mode default?

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
How do i make the track exhaust mode the default on startup? I've tried a lot of things, I tried making the sport preset default, and making track exhaust the default of sport mode, but on startup it will launch in my sport mode, but in normal exhaust mode still, and I have to switch to track after.
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Don’t believe you can do that, ( track is for off-road only) so on a VIN# vehicle OEM can’t.

perhaps aftermarket someday

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
You can't. I set mine to the favorite button so I just hit the star button after I start up.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Bro people have gotten exhaust tickets for driving in stock track mode.

I don’t know where you live but certain areas have strict sound laws, in my area cops have db meters and set up traps just like a speed trap would be set… but for sound.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Bro people have gotten exhaust tickets for driving in stock track mode.

I don’t know where you live but certain areas have strict sound laws, in my area cops have db meters and set up traps just like a speed trap would be set… but for sound.
Lel, they definitely don't do that here. Track mode is not nearly loud enough for me, will definitely be going aftermarket AE

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Lel, they definitely don't do that here. Track mode is not nearly loud enough for me, will definitely be going aftermarket AE
Try the resonator delete first. Might just give you the volume you're looking for. I personally can't tell a difference in volume from inside the car when I go from normal to track, but with the windows open it is louder with the AVE in track mode. I run mine in on track mode on the roads outside of town. In town I put it in normal to avoid unwanted attention.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
And Ford won't let you set it to anything other than "quiet" or "normal" because of the various decibel level laws around states and municipalities. Too much risk for them to allow you to change the setting from anything other than default mode (normal) unless it is quiet setting.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Put it in track mode and pull the fuse.
Or was beginning to wonder if the wires got crossed would track become quiet and quiet become track. Quiet mode timed track mode hhmmm ….

edit: frigging auto correct

Last edited:

QuikQrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
US EPA regulations.

See US Title 40 CFR 205.52:

§ 205.52 Vehicle noise emission standards.

(a) Low Speed Noise Emission Standard. Vehicles which are manufactured after the following effective dates shall be designed, built and equipped so that they will not produce sound emissions in excess of the levels indicated.

Effective dateLevel
(i) January 1, 197983 dBA.
(ii) January 1, 198880 dBA.

(b) The standards set forth in paragraph (a) of this section refer to the sound emissions as measured in accordance with the procedures prescribed in § 205.54–1,2.

(c) Every manufacturer of a new motor vehicle subject to the standards prescribed in this paragraph shall, prior to taking any of the actions specified in section 10(a)(1) of the Act, comply with the other provisions of this subpart or Subpart A, as applicable.