• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

401a Package vs 400

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I think it looked great for it's time. But if they kept the same style for the new gen, I and many others would have no interest in the s650. The biggest reason I'm going s650 is because I love the new interior. It looks well thought out and easy to use and I love all the customization you can do with it. Worrying about how it's not integrated or luxurious is the last thing on my mind when I'm rowing through the gears enjoying a drive.

As long as it is functional and has cool features the layout does not matter. Luckily for me, I think the layout is sick and I can't wait to start playing around with it and making it my own. I love mustangs and love how they dared to go different with this one. It's refreshing to step out of your comfort zone every once in a while and I'm glad Ford took that step.
They didn't have to keep the same styling as the S550, but they certainly could havd done a much better job with a new design.
Sponsored

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
They didn't have to keep the same styling as the S550, but they certainly could havd done a much better job with a new design.
Could they have done a better job? Of course.

Do people love it and can't wait? Yes.

Will they ever please everyone? No.

Ok threads over we solved it guys.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could they have done a better job? Of course.

Do people love it and can't wait? Yes.

Will they ever please everyone? No.

Ok threads over we solved it guys.
I just don't understand what you and others hope to accomplish by trying to shut down criticisms of the dash.

It's a tacky & cheap design and people who are spending a ton of money for it have a right to complain about it. And frankly, if people didn't complain but instead just laid down & accepted whatever crap they sell us because "reasons," it sets a bad precedent and becomes a slippery slope because then Ford will have no reason to offer anything other than mediocrity.

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I just don't understand what you and others hope to accomplish by trying to shut down criticisms of the dash.

It's a tacky & cheap design and people who are spending a ton of money for it have a right to complain about it. And frankly, if people didn't complain but instead just laid down & accepted whatever crap they sell us because "reasons," it sets a bad precedent and becomds a slippery slope because then Forf will have no reason to offer anything other than mediocrity.
Part of the reason, I went with the mustang is with the updated interior & large format screens with sharp graphics. I think it looks great

S650 Mustang 401a Package vs 400 1691070453280

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Part of the reason, I went with the mustang is with the updated interior & large format screens with sharp graphics. I think it looks great

1691070453280.png
To be clear, the criticism is not about the function of the dash, but the fit & form (which shouldn't be mutually exclusive).

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
401A also has unique steering wheel with the thumb bolsters

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I think it looked great for it's time. But if they kept the same style for the new gen, I and many others would have no interest in the s650. The biggest reason I'm going s650 is because I love the new interior. It looks well thought out and easy to use and I love all the customization you can do with it. Worrying about how it's not integrated or luxurious is the last thing on my mind when I'm rowing through the gears enjoying a drive.

As long as it is functional and has cool features the layout does not matter. Luckily for me, I think the layout is sick and I can't wait to start playing around with it and making it my own. I love mustangs and love how they dared to go different with this one. It's refreshing to step out of your comfort zone every once in a while and I'm glad Ford took that step.
Bingo! My dealer has been trying to get me to come buy a 2023 Mach 1. I already owned the exact car just 2 years older. I find the interior dated after have had a 2015 LE, 2017GT, 2019 GT Premium, 2020 GT500 and a 2021 Mach1 Premium. Same old same old it’s time for updated Mustang

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

It's a tacky & cheap design and people who are spending a ton of money for it have a right to complain about it. And frankly, if people didn't complain but instead just laid down & accepted whatever crap they sell us because "reasons," it sets a bad precedent and becomes a slippery slope because then Ford will have no reason to offer anything other than mediocrity.
Maybe it’s the constant droning on about it over and over and over which is making people want to say STFU about it.

Last edited:

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe it’s the constant droning on about it over and over and over which is making people want to say STFU about it.
You and others more than welcome to ignore my posts if you have a problem with them.

I'm sick of the Eleventy-Hundred threads and posts whining about the OKTB date (because of unrealistic expectations for how soon we'd receive our cars), but you don't see it responding to those posts/threads complaining about it.

Last edited:

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
You and others more than welcome to ignore my posts if you have a problem with them.

I'm sick of the Eleventy-Hundred threads and posts whining about the OKTB date (because of unrealistic expectations for how soon we'd receive our cars), but you don't see it responding to those posts/threads complaining about it.
I'm not complaining just wondering what's your end goal here? We've established you're not gonna change any of our minds, more people than not like the dash, and Ford isn't going to change anything based on a forum post. That's what the millions of dollars they spend on focus groups are for.

So what are you trying to accomplish besides whining?

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
more people than not like the dash
That's your opinion.

The echo chamber here is not representative of the opinions of all Mustang enthusiasts, and there are many more than you think who share my opinion.

Last edited:

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
That's your opinion.

The echo chamber here is not representative of the opinions of all Mustang enthusiasts, and there are many more than you think who share my opinion.
You didn't answer the question
Sponsored