• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2025 Mustang GT/DH Wish list of features/updates

OP
OP
Marty1000

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2011 Mustang GT, 2016 Mustang V6, DH ordered
I think we all feel that the EATC (climate controls) screen layout and button size could be better. I have just looked at friend's old touch screen in his Chrysler and notice that the 4:3 vs 16:9 ratio panel seem better for button sizes and layout. I do hate to be taking my line of vision from the road to the EATC buttons (on the bottom of the screen) while driving. Very unsafe move!! I am attaching picture of the Chrysler screen for reference. Note the page from Mustang owner's manual has no picture of the screen (as it can change in the future??) I hope that next software update from Ford will move the line of climate control buttons to the top of the screen and maybe make them larger.

S650 Mustang 2025 Mustang GT/DH Wish list of features/updates cartoon

S650 Mustang 2025 Mustang GT/DH Wish list of features/updates Chrysler 8.5screen

S650 Mustang 2025 Mustang GT/DH Wish list of features/updates Manual_page
Sponsored

Karguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
I think we all feel that the EATC (climate controls) screen layout and button size could be better. I have just looked at friend's old touch screen in his Chrysler and notice that the 4:3 vs 16:9 ratio panel seem better for button sizes and layout. I do hate to be taking my line of vision from the road to the EATC buttons (on the bottom of the screen) while driving. Very unsafe move!! I am attaching picture of the Chrysler screen for reference. Note the page from Mustang owner's manual has no picture of the screen (as it can change in the future??) I hope that next software update from Ford will move the line of climate control buttons to the top of the screen and maybe make them larger.

cartoon.jpg

Chrysler 8.5screen.jpg

Manual_page.jpg
The real PITA will be when in 5 plus years from now these screens will stay dark…

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I think we all feel that the EATC (climate controls) screen layout and button size could be better.
Nope, not all. Perfectly fine for me. I just set it on 'Auto', use the voice command to change the temperature, and let the HVAC system do all the work. I need nothing else.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A CD player and/or auxiliary input jack so our only option isn't music other people think is good (aka radio), and adverts for **** I'm not vaguely interested in. Just sayin.........................:wink:
Lol. This ain't 2004, bro!

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
1. Update the software to allow you to change most options with voice commands. (I believe you may be able to change the climate controls with Alexa or something.)
2. More interior options for the DH.

I guess I am a fanboy, I just find the DH near perfect for my taste.

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(I believe you may be able to change the climate controls with Alexa or something.)
Alexa can't do anything to the car that the Ford Assistant can't do. It's just passing the command along (e.g., set temperature to 75 degrees).

All Alexa does (in the car) is to let you say/do the same things using the car as the Alexa device on your counter top does. Consider your Ford just a big, rolling Echo device.

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alexa can't do anything to the car that the Ford Assistant can't do. It's just passing the command along (e.g., set temperature to 75 degrees).

All Alexa does (in the car) is to let you say/do the same things using the car as the Alexa device on your counter top does. Consider your Ford just a big, rolling Echo device.
But you cannot give it voice commands to change the temperature and other stuff can you?

OP
OP
Marty1000

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1. Update the software to allow you to change most options with voice commands. (I believe you may be able to change the climate controls with Alexa or something.)
2. More interior options for the DH.

I guess I am a fanboy, I just find the DH near perfect for my taste.
GripTime - I do agree with you about the DH perfection- for me it is- only in the chassis dynamics, the engine, drive train and the Tremec tranny and the exterior look. I can live with the digital interior maybe that will over time become none issue?

After test driving one I am hooked, but seeing and using the switch row next to the start button I was shocked how cheep those tactile switches are in a 65K+ vehicle!

I also noticed that if you touch the black plastic above the row the whole switch row has a flex like some switches on cheep toy. Maybe the DH had factory QC problem, but I am hoping that there will be some after market decent quality switches to replace that row from someone like Ford-Performance and/or others. BTW- I still want the DH. Picture attached for reference. Enjoy your car!

S650 Mustang 2025 Mustang GT/DH Wish list of features/updates SWITCH_ROW

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GripTime - I do agree with you about the DH perfection- for me it is- only in the chassis dynamics, the engine, drive train and the Tremec tranny and the exterior look. I can live with the digital interior maybe that will over time become none issue?

After test driving one I am hooked, but seeing and using the switch row next to the start button I was shocked how cheep those tactile switches are in a 65K+ vehicle!

I also noticed that if you touch the black plastic above the row the whole switch row has a flex like some switches on cheep toy. Maybe the DH had factory QC problem, but I am hoping that there will be some after market decent quality switches to replace that row from someone like Ford-Performance and/or others. BTW- I still want the DH. Picture attached for reference. Enjoy your car!

SWITCH_ROW.jpg
I touched this row today as you mentioned! Lol. I am not an interior quality person. My Honda 2006 Civic Si had a fantastic engine, suspension, and transmission and the interior was a sh*tbox. Door seals leaked, doom lights failed, air condition vents broke... But I really could care less. The DH interior looks-wise is above average. I would prefer something more dramatic though. Quality wise I don't have a clue.

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, the cute little guy on your steering wheel. He can do more than call someone
You are right! I changed the temperature today using voice commands!!! Jeez, who would have ,known. I had tried to change it before but I was saying it wrong. I went into the settings to see how to phrase it. However, you can't change drive modes or exhaust can you? Well, where is the complete list of possible commands? Or is it just what is listed in the settings?

OP
OP
Marty1000

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are right! I changed the temperature today using voice commands!!! Jeez, who would have ,known. I had tried to change it before but I was saying it wrong. I went into the settings to see how to phrase it. However, you can't change drive modes or exhaust can you? Well, where is the complete list of possible commands? Or is it just what is listed in the settings?
It would be nice to know how many voice commands are available or limits of the ford assistant. I do not have an "ALEXA", but it claims to be Alexa compatible when the modem is switched "ON" and that would suggest that any Alexa voice command would work??? Cut page 411 manual

S650 Mustang 2025 Mustang GT/DH Wish list of features/updates Manual_page411

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
Metallic White exterior paint
Today I saw two Mach-E's in two metallic white colors, one in Space White and one in Star White. I think either of those two would be a nice option for the S650. (I assumed at first Space White was a rebadged Oxford White, but on closer inspection it has metallic flake.)

Star White (pearly contrast)
S650 Mustang 2025 Mustang GT/DH Wish list of features/updates IMG_20240601_095145

Space White (interesting cool tone imo)
S650 Mustang 2025 Mustang GT/DH Wish list of features/updates IMG_20240601_095431

OP
OP
Marty1000

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just saw my first Black Color DH at a car meet. It would be great if ford had a color option for the rear spoiler to be the same color as the vehicle, such that a white body with a white rear spoiler for that monochromatic rear look.

S650 Mustang 2025 Mustang GT/DH Wish list of features/updates DH_car_meet
Sponsored