• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 mustang the problem with expectations

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
bud you’re smoking crack if you think a ford mustang is a better drivers car than a GT3 or even a M4. As someone who rides around on an Italian stallion, it’s two different worlds. Also the mustang is not a sport car, I’ve always considered it to be a jack of all trades which is what it excels at, just like a basic 911. But to think it’s comparable it’s really stupid
Don't move the goal posts. The convo is about sales. The last two replies from you were about sales and you mentioned sales a few times in your original post. The mustang is the number one selling sports car. Period. Also, the mustang is classified as a sports car.
Sponsored

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
From Ford Newsroom:
NEW YORK, New York, March 27, 2024 –
Ford Mustang starts its seventh decade in pole position as America’s best-selling sports car based on 2023 U.S. registrations1 – and as the best-selling sports car globally for more than 10 years.

Lets just agree to disagree that the mustang is a "sports car".

OP
OP

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Don't move the goal posts. The convo is about sales. The last two replies from you were about sales and you mentioned sales a few times in your original post. The mustang is the number one selling sports car. Period. Also, the mustang is classified as a sports car.
lol 😂 ya mean like how ford classifies it as a sports car to brag yeah okay

OP
OP

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
From Ford Newsroom:
NEW YORK, New York, March 27, 2024 –
Ford Mustang starts its seventh decade in pole position as America’s best-selling sports car based on 2023 U.S. registrations1 – and as the best-selling sports car globally for more than 10 years.

Lets just agree to disagree that the mustang is a "sports car".
Agreed but remember Ford classifies it

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
This is true if it was a fusion enthusiast vehicles across the board are up considerably. I think ford thought they where going to have a C8 moment with the 2024s and it shows by how brass they where in the media about the car. Nothing except this more than watching Savage geese’s video, where the engineers didn’t even talk about all the changes mechanically. It was all about the stupid screens the whole time. This should tell you everything you need to know about where their head is at
the c8 had a big moment because it completely rewrote the performance handbook, doing far more than ever with what it had to work with. And the price was phenomenal. It wasn’t about the looks, which were polarizing (but I personally love), or the interior tech, or a badge and sticker show. It was far better performamce than before from acceleration, handling, etc. at a better price. These are tangible issues. Not “magic in the air” like Ford likes to use with mustang. A corvette owner could be proud of his/her c8 purchase, knowing it humbled the competition as well as its own previous generations. The mustang meanwhile, is the same speed performance as 2012, the same handling as last gen, the same freaking appearance as last gen, and costs MORE.

Ford is now seeing that people are done falling for the same old “magic in the air” make believe crap. They want a return on investment. Give us killer performance and looks at a killer price. If GM can do it in 2016 with Camaro and now with c8, Ford definitely can do an even better job.

The current situation is an embarassment. It’s too late for s650, so hopefully Ford wises up and gets to hard work on the next gen and really makes it the actually new platform of mustang dreams. Get some car guys on the board and on the engineering team snd hit the gas.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
lol 😂 ya mean like how ford classifies it as a sports car to brag yeah okay
sheesh. If that’s Fords classification, that makes the c8 a direct competitor to s650. I don’t think Ford will enjoy the results of thst battle.

Klipshpoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse HP
Im surprised they haven’t shoved in the 3.0 Ecoboost and made a mustang ST. I’d buy one, they also don’t sound like butt because they have equal length exhaust manifolds. You’re 100 percent correct ford isn’t going to invest in a new motor unless they can use it or put it in the f150
Per say. They won’t use the 7.3 in the mustang primary because it would make all those years of mod engine look kinda stupid but then again Chevy did the same with the LT6. So i don’t hold my breath, ford is also being much much cheaper than Chevy is with the C8. What i mean by that is if they wanted to go all out and make a 600hp N/A but they wont. Like i said the future will be interesting

Yikes, yeah, I know Chevy hit 670 N/A. I have no doubts that motor cost more than a Base GT. The biggest bitch about these cars isn't the motor....its the cost.

OP
OP

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
the c8 had a big moment because it completely rewrote the performance handbook, doing far more than ever with what it had to work with. And the price was phenomenal. It wasn’t about the looks, which were polarizing (but I personally love), or the interior tech, or a badge and sticker show. It was far better performamce than before from acceleration, handling, etc. at a better price. These are tangible issues. Not “magic in the air” like Ford likes to use with mustang. A corvette owner could be proud of his/her c8 purchase, knowing it humbled the competition as well as its own previous generations. The mustang meanwhile, is the same speed performance as 2012, the same handling as last gen, the same freaking appearance as last gen, and costs MORE.

Ford is now seeing that people are done falling for the same old “magic in the air” make believe crap. They want a return on investment. Give us killer performance and looks at a killer price. If GM can do it in 2016 with Camaro and now with c8, Ford definitely can do an even better job.

The current situation is an embarassment. It’s too late for s650, so hopefully Ford wises up and gets to hard work on the next gen and really makes it the actually new platform of mustang dreams. Get some car guys on the board and on the engineering team snd hit the gas.
this is correct and i wouldn’t say it’s a failure because it is too soon for that. But in 2-3 years if sales absolutely tank ford has a problem. I just think they missed the boat and went for the millennials “guys my age 30-35” not realizing most of them can’t buy a dark horse or mustang gt NOW with the current pricing. I switched over too bikes in particular because of how stupid stuff has gotten not just ford. But because the s650 isn’t a brand new car i see a lot of people going meh. That’s not a good thing

OP
OP

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
sheesh. If that’s Fords classification, that makes the c8 a direct competitor to s650. I don’t think Ford will enjoy the results of thst battle.
The way fords quality control is you’d be better off in the vette lmfao the mustang hasn’t been that bad but man it’s been rough on our end “consultation”

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Yikes, yeah, I know Chevy hit 670 N/A. I have no doubts that motor cost more than a Base GT. The biggest bitch about these cars isn't the motor....its the cost.
And the weight, and looks, and the lagging performance… and… actually yeah, the motor too. It was great last gen. We’d like more now.

OP
OP

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
And the weight, and looks, and the lagging performance… and… actually yeah, the motor too. It was great last gen. We’d like more now.
I get both sides of it the budget was small for the car “EVs baby lol” and emissions are getting worse but it’s also like so you’re not going to go all out. Then be happy with that 50k ya sold last year because it won’t get better unless you drop the price

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
I get both sides of it the budget was small for the car “EVs baby lol” and emissions are getting worse but it’s also like so you’re not going to go all out. Then be happy with that 50k ya sold last year because it won’t get better unless you drop the price
50k sold is more than any other performance car lol Maybe they should change and be like other cars so they can sell less 🤔 that sounds smart 😂