• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang No Scheduling This Week (4/27/23) + Build Notes & Key Constraints

Rick Deppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
does this mean no 300A GT's being scheduled yet? I would have thought the more base models would be built before the premiums with more options. i have a 300A GT with the 10 speed and active exhaust ordered as the only options.
When did you order? The date?

Mustang Miyagi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
Updated my GT order today to the carmine red interior and red brembos since the website allowed me to build different options now. Not sure about order status/build date/vin though. Iā€™m in No rush.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Take with a grain of salt, or not.

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
Seeing as nothing was scheduled I went ahead and added the active exhaust to my order.
Not sure why I overlooked adding it in the first place!

I did notice that it changed to the 425 pricing code, but I am A10 so I didn't get hit with the GG tax
What does price level 420 represent?

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
What does price level 420 represent?
That is the original pricing level before all of this gas guzzler stuff started up. My order is from 3/27 the day the banks opened up and I have the 420 price level.

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I just got the official email from ford letting me know my car has been scheduled for production. When I reached out to them they had told me week of June 12 but the email now says June 19th.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I just got the official email from ford letting me know my car has been scheduled for production. When I reached out to them they had told me week of June 12 but the email now says June 19th.
Just got the email saying the same I think the week we were told is more accurate. I used the Ford order lookup and that has been updated showing that my build has been scheduled and it has the original week of 6/12

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Just got the email saying the same I think the week we were told is more accurate. I used the Ford order lookup and that has been updated showing that my build has been scheduled and it has the original week of 6/12
Their rep told me the Week of 6/12, the email says 6/19, and the tracking page says 6/15. :crazy: LOL Whatever it is, I am just really excited.

Cajun Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse, Shadow Black, AT, 700A, AP
Got same email. Call into Ford said 6/12; email says 6/19; tracking says 6/12. Guess we'll see.

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 10 Speed Grabber Blue
When did you order? The date?
ordered on 3/27 when they opened, priority code 10, checked today with ford performance and no scheduled build date yet, he said no rhyme or reason what days of the week ford schedules builds

DadBodProud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Accord Sport SE, 2016 Mazda Mx-5
This thing has been misleading every week it has been out so far. The first week it was out they were saying no black painted roofs and several nite pony packages featuring a black painted roof still got scheduled. The next week they were saying no convertibles and my convertible got scheduled. I would only expect more misleading information again.
I hope youā€™re rightā€¦. Still waiting on a date for my convertible GT. This doesnā€™t look hopeful. Was hoping to get it by mid-summer.

Slow_q50_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right now ā€˜16 Q50 RedSport soon own ā€˜24 Mustang GT
does this mean no 300A GT's being scheduled yet? I would have thought the more base models would be built before the premiums with more options. i have a 300A GT with the 10 speed and active exhaust ordered as the only options.
Iā€™m on the same Boat as you! Iā€™m also a 300A, 10 speed, active exhaust, NPP, brembos! I went to my dealership and the ones who places 400A and 401A already got their vins while 300A and 301A havenā€™t yet, he told me thatā€™s weird cause they usually start with the lower trims but he told me to check again in about a week

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
How long after build schedule date can we expect delivery? 4 weeks? 8 weeks? more than that?
Being a new model year with differing economic conditions, I'm not sure anyone has a feel for that.

While mine took less than two weeks to arrive, at the other extreme, others have taken 60+ days. Some Members have literally seen their builds sitting at the depot on the other side of the fence, the car waiting for that last convoy to the dealer.

People overseas receiving their cars, tack 30 days onto US transits, minimum. It's actually quite remarkable how quickly, and densely, they can pack and secure all the vehicles (cars, trucks, tractors, construction equipment) to get them on their way. And later unpack.

Once built, the car will go to Ford's staging area. If you look at Goggle Maps, there are a series of large lots in-between the rail yard and the plant at Flat Rock, MI.

Car could rest in staging for a few days or a few weeks. Ford and the shippers want things to be as efficient as possible, with the rail cars (or trucks) as full as possible.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/tracking-a-car-shipped-by-rail.171683/#post-3571437

The above thread can provide insight as to how to track. The dealer will also be able to check Ford's systems and identify what the last rail yard or waypoint was.

Skye left Flat Rock, stopped in Chicago for a transfer, stopped in Denver and was then trucked to the dealer. At each transfer, there was a delay of a day or two. YMMV. As you get further out from densely-populated areas, where it takes longer to consolidate loads, expect longer delays.

Once at the dealer, they'll need a few days (about two) to inspect the car and complete any final assembly (seats, spoilers, splitters, etc.)

An average of responses previously put the pick-up mileage at about 8 mi / 13 km. Ford does drive the cars through something of a test course (not a race track). They can sometimes drive them at the different yards. The dealer will drive, to check out and get gas.

A handful can experience shipping damage or mechanical problems along the way. While in-transit, any discussions occur between Ford and the shippers. Ford Performance cannot give insight. The dealer will have zero insight. If going to the depot, they will tell you to contact Ford. Fortunately, these occurrences are quite rare. If they do happen, once you receive the car, most likely neither you nor the dealer will ever know what caused the delay.

Last edited: