• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FrozenPea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019.75 Ford Focus ST-Line
I got a text this morning from my sales rep with an update on my GT, I now have a VIN & some dates to keep an eye out for! In summary:

Allocation month: July
ETA: 26/11/2024
Segmentation date: 29/07/2024

Lets see what happens from here, I still have my expectation set for an early 2025 delivery, but happy to be proven wrong 😅
It's weird how inconsistent each of our experiences are. My dates are 1-2 weeks earlier than yours but yet I don't have a VIN! I've updated my signature with all pertinent dates.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged Toyota 86, Audi RS5
Essentially the handling package (not available in Australia) on the DH would give you:
-19" x 10.5" (F) and 19" x 11" (R) Tarnished Dark-Painted Aluminum Wheels With 305/30R19 (F) and 315/30R19 (R) Tires
-Factory-Installed Adjustable Strut Top Mounts
-Performance Rear Spoiler With Gurney Flap — Painted Shadow Black
-Different more aggressive tuning for Magneride

Personally I would have loved the bigger wheels, although not the Trofeo RS tyres which are very very soft and most people wear them out in like 5000km.
I wonder how much difference the Strut Top Mounts and Magneride tuning would make. Or if the wheels and tires is the main difference 🤔

Laity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2019 GT Fastback, 10R80
It's weird how inconsistent each of our experiences are. My dates are 1-2 weeks earlier than yours but yet I don't have a VIN! I've updated my signature with all pertinent dates.
So weird! And then I have seen people post their screenshots from Ford with later ordered dates than mine, but with an earlier ETA? Only by a few weeks, but still weird. Hopefully you get one soon!

Hard to keep up with it all, so at this point I am just like it will be here when it is here, and setting my expectations on timing very low to avoid disappointment haha. I have January 25 delivery in my head, anything sooner will be a bonus.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I wonder how much difference the Strut Top Mounts and Magneride tuning would make. Or if the wheels and tires is the main difference 🤔
I think the bulk of the benefit will be in those wide super soft tyres. Albeit at the expense of tyre life and you get lots of tramlining with those wide front tyres.
The different Magneride tune might gain you a little bit on the track, but at the expense of onroad performance. I think essentially it will just be a little firmer tune.
The strut top mounts are just there to give you more adjustability for when you set up purely for the track and want to run very aggressive camber.

FrozenPea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019.75 Ford Focus ST-Line
So weird! And then I have seen people post their screenshots from Ford with later ordered dates than mine, but with an earlier ETA? Only by a few weeks, but still weird. Hopefully you get one soon!

Hard to keep up with it all, so at this point I am just like it will be here when it is here, and setting my expectations on timing very low to avoid disappointment haha. I have January 25 delivery in my head, anything sooner will be a bonus.
I've been through it when the S550 first launched so this time around I am much more relaxed 😎 It just seems like it would be so easy for Ford to make the process much more transparent

Laity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been through it when the S550 first launched so this time around I am much more relaxed 😎 It just seems like it would be so easy for Ford to make the process much more transparent
I remember hearing about it at the time! But yes I agree, maybe they will get it somewhat right next time round for the S750 haha...

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
They’re thinking nothing that’s the problem. Like I wanted red brake calipers but can’t get that as a stand alone option.
I was on the fence regarding Magneride until they confirmed that it included red calipers, I was 100% in then. The Black Pack I went with because I love those blacked out headlights. I considered Recaro's, I found them fine on a 2019 S550 I sampled, but everyone told me I would hate "living" with them.

I waited 12 months and 7 days for my S550 back in 2016/2017. At the time, I was fully aware I would be waiting that long.

When I placed the deposit back in September 2022, I again knew I would be waiting at least 12 months. The carrot dangle approach by Ford has been the most frustrating part of the wait, be that the pre-order stage, the release of pricing, the start of production and then countless delays...........................in other words, the whole process.

At this stage, I would just like to know if its been built.

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 coupe, 2015 GT Racered, 2024.5 GT Racered
Essentially the handling package (not available in Australia) on the DH would give you:
-19" x 10.5" (F) and 19" x 11" (R) Tarnished Dark-Painted Aluminum Wheels With 305/30R19 (F) and 315/30R19 (R) Tires
-Factory-Installed Adjustable Strut Top Mounts
-Performance Rear Spoiler With Gurney Flap — Painted Shadow Black
-Different more aggressive tuning for Magneride

Personally I would have loved the bigger wheels, although not the Trofeo RS tyres which are very very soft and most people wear them out in like 5000km.
As regards to wheels I will replace the black GT performance wheels which are difficult to clean with these American Racing TTF ( New Torque Thrust Flow formed) matt anthracite colour 9.5 x 20 offset 32 front 275/35/20 and rear 11 x 20 offset 50 295/35/20 Continental contisport 5P. They used to be standard equip for HSV. Great wet Grip. I like them better than Michelin sport 4S and Pirelli zero's. Already have wheels tyres and TPMS. Just quoted new VIN and it came up in ordering spares (TPMS) and indicated same part number as current mustangs.The wheels are also available in black or bronze.
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule IMG_20240518_141547

Last edited:

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Spoke to my dealer today. He said Ford AU advised a few days ago that first deliveries will be Q4 24
Makes sense and aligns with my current ETA as well which has been end of October for a while now.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...-65500-owner-was-hoping-for-72500-234315.html

Stories like this upset me.....

Here in oz, dark horse is 120k+, limited numbers, sold out in a sec, taking for ever to come
And if you resold in the first day youd make a profit

And over there you can get it less than rrp, wait time zero, and have your choice of spec

Absolutely mind boggling
Look on the bright side, there's this to consider...

Because of the limited availability (read as: a manufactured situation creating artificially high prices) and absurd wait times for an S650, depreciation shouldn't be as bad for us here in Oz, compared to a run-of-the-mill "average" vehicle commonly available.

Any profit that a flipper makes should be considered as an "impatience tax". :giggle:

Laity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look on the bright side, there's this to consider...

Because of the limited availability (read as: a manufactured situation creating artificially high prices) and absurd wait times for an S650, depreciation shouldn't be as bad for us here in Oz, compared to a run-of-the-mill "average" vehicle commonly available.

Any profit that a flipper makes should be considered as an "impatience tax". :giggle:
Very true & a good point. Anyone getting the first lot of GT's will probably be able to enjoy it for 18-24 months and sell it for not a lot less than they paid for it. Will be interesting to see how the prices hold up in the first 2 years.

Weren't the S550s prices really strong when they first came out for the first two years, as supplies were limited & they had the long wait times then too?

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Very true & a good point. Anyone getting the first lot of GT's will probably be able to enjoy it for 18-24 months and sell it for not a lot less than they paid for it. Will be interesting to see how the prices hold up in the first 2 years.
I'm optimistic that values will hold, as my current plan is to sell the 24.50MY and update to a 26MY.
+/- the idiot greenies trying to make that unviable.
Biggest challenge will be to get my detailing game up to @DFB5.0 standard to help hold value!

The novelty of a manual may have worn off by then, and a larger palette of colours might be on offer.

I'm partially regretting the Oxford White choice, but it would still be a hard decision between Race Red and Rapid Red, ATM. But then again, you don't see many white Mustangs on our roads here. First world problems. :crazy:

I saw many S650s on the big island of Hawaii recently, all were EcoBoost convertibles, so must have been rentals. They all had the premium screens (ie; single bezel). I never got to sit in one, but the screens do not appear to stand out like dog's balls at all, and do blend in well.

I lost count of how many S550s and Camaros I saw on Oahu. They're so common, you stop looking at them after a while.

At the risk of more blasphemy :giggle:, the Camaros look fantastic in their Race Red equivalent colour.
Sponsored