• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
And not to mention dickhead Bowen's fuel efficiency tax that's being talked about. :curse:
I hope these pricks are voted out before that comes close to being legislation.

If/when that comes in, then that will be the death knell of the Mustang.
Only the very wealthy will contemplate such a vehicle, and demand will fall to the point of not being viable for FoA to bring them into Australia and support the vehicle.
I really don't keep up to date with politics, but if they go this route, then they had better dam well include those soot blowing Thailand special pickup trucks that pollute the environment far more than a V8 Mustang being driven once a week on a Sunday morning. You know the sort, dual cab Ranger's and Hilux's that never go off road, never have tools in the tray because its too small, can't go round corners, and are basically a gentleman sausage extension for incompetent tradies.

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
[/QUOTE]
And not to mention dickhead Bowen's fuel efficiency tax that's being talked about. :curse:
I hope these pricks are voted out before that comes close to being legislation.

If/when that comes in, then that will be the death knell of the Mustang.
Only the very wealthy will contemplate such a vehicle, and demand will fall to the point of not being viable for FoA to bring them into Australia and support the vehicle.

When are the votes in?

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT

AussieBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nil
Ford Performance Motorsports global director, Mark Rushbrook, who plays an integral role in developing high-performance Ford vehicles and their engines for race and road applications, stated: ā€œWe have not identified an ending [for the V8].ā€

"Regulations are going to get tighter and tighter and tighter and weā€™re going to keep working to keep pace with those".

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/ford-mustang-v8-will-survive-emissions-squeeze-141807/
I'm sure the Ford V8 will survive in the US because they are able to offset the emissions with a broader range of electric and hybrid vehicles. In Australia they only have Ranger and Mustang. Both are well over the CO2 levels government is targeting for Jan 1 2025 introduction.

This means Ford will either have to pay another company such as Tesla for Carbon credits or pay the CO2 penalty fee themselves ($100 per gram CO2 over the limit). For a manual Dark Horse, this will be $21300.

I suspect Ford Australia will look at that number and figure they cannot make a profit on importing Mustang any more and pull out of the Australian market. If they get some cars in before 2025 they will not be impacted, but I think with the potential for further delays, they may be unwilling to risk their profit.

In the Government paper Option A delays the introduction until 2027 but the rest of that option is so underwhelming that most politicians will not support it. Even the major car manufacturers who have prepared for this consider option A to be pretty weak. Option C results in a quicker ramp up of reductions so option B (the government preferred option) seems reasonable to anyone not looking to buy a V8. The targets for commercial vehicles (which covers utes and such) are much higher so that sector will not be as impacted, although we have likely seen the end of the diesel in Australia.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
This means Ford will either have to pay another company such as Tesla for Carbon credits or pay the CO2 penalty fee themselves ($100 per gram CO2 over the limit). For a manual Dark Horse, this will be $21300.
...or that would be passed onto customers.

Not many Aussies would pay $115k for a GT. And, what, $130k+ for a Dark Horse.

Potential worst case scenario is the 2024.50MY and 2024.75MY arrivals this year (1st and 2nd allocations) will be the last. 2025MY onwards being no longer viable.

AussieBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nil
...or that would be passed onto customers.

Not many Aussies would pay $115k for a GT. And, what, $130k+ for a Dark Horse.

Potential worst case scenario is the 2024.50MY and 2024.75MY arrivals this year (1st and 2nd allocations) will be the last. 2025MY onwards being no longer viable.
Yeah, I had assumed that the cost would be passed on, otherwise there isn't any profit in it for them and it all becomes a bit pointless from a Ford AU perspective.

I would go as far as saying your worst case is the most likely outcome. Worst case would be they cancel the current planned import through fear of it being further delayed.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Got some info from my dealer today.
1710205013938.png
Nice. Hopefully I get some similar info on my next fortnightly update from the dealer which should be end of this week.

Laity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2019 GT Fastback, 10R80
Got some info from my dealer today.
1710205013938.png
Seems somewhat promising! Might be worth me following up my dealer too then.

Have you been given a VIN and exact D/A price?

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Seems somewhat promising! Might be worth me following up my dealer too then.

Have you been given a VIN and exact D/A price?
I didn't ask. I have already complained about the D/A price several times so bloke will be biting ice if he knows there will be a bump the day it arrives. I have a contract. So if he wants to amend it, probably better do it sooner so i can walk away sooner. He can always drop a few grand haha

Laity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2019 GT Fastback, 10R80
I didn't ask. I have already complained about the D/A price several times so bloke will be biting ice if he knows there will be a bump the day it arrives. I have a contract. So if he wants to amend it, probably better do it sooner so i can walk away sooner. He can always drop a few grand haha

Surely they wouldn't be ballsy enough to try and bump the price @ delivery! You would think they will have to keep the prices the same as what the "build your ford" system shows? Hopefully...

Dropping a few grand would be nice haha, here I was originally hoping they were going to be ~$80k... šŸ˜…šŸ„“

Reebee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet, 2024 GT ordered - Vapour Blue
Hey guys, first time Mustang buyer here, I jumped on the bandwagon fairly late (ordered through a dealer December 23), I hadnā€™t heard anything about it so decided to give the dealer a call this week and he mentioned the orders been sent but they havenā€™t had the confirmation back from ford, just wondering if anyone is in the same boat in terms of ordering timeframe, looks like people are starting to get through the emails but ordered probably back in 2022. Iā€™m just excited, my current car is holding on by a thread and I really want to know when I might get the new one (and how long I need to keep repairing my Subaru for šŸ˜…)

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Hey guys, first time Mustang buyer here, I jumped on the bandwagon fairly late (ordered through a dealer December 23), I hadnā€™t heard anything about it so decided to give the dealer a call this week and he mentioned the orders been sent but they havenā€™t had the confirmation back from ford, just wondering if anyone is in the same boat in terms of ordering timeframe, looks like people are starting to get through the emails but ordered probably back in 2022. Iā€™m just excited, my current car is holding on by a thread and I really want to know when I might get the new one (and how long I need to keep repairing my Subaru for šŸ˜…)
Hey mate, welcome to the club! haha
If you go back through the pages, not too far, you should see some screenshots guys have posted with ordering info on the FORD system. You can ask them for that and your dealer should supply you with that order info and you can compare that to ours we posted.
I ordered mine in June '22 and change my mind a few months later pushing me down the queue but after some moaning and bitching my dealer put me into another car order which was cancelled.
SO that's always an option, call other dealers about cancelled orders and ask your dealer if someone cancels to call you with the spec.
Sponsored