• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
DH does not make any sense. GT will be quicker, considering the DH kerb weight increase over the GT.
It's baffling.
i thought the standaard DH was 500hp, wasnt that the selling point? the first mustang to be 500hp from factory?
Sponsored

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got a 2019 GT brand new for under $62k just over 4 years ago - sure it was on the lot and not a factory order so dealer was willing to negotiate. Sold it at the height of covid as a 2year old car with 25,000km for more than I paid new with the intent of buying back in with the new model.

but to buy the new equivalent now over $91k rrp - ouch.
i bought a 2020 GT manual for 63kish, had to sell it within weeks due to personal reasons
i bought a 2022 GT manual for 73kish

a 2024 GT manual would be $86k

should have kept my 2020

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
i thought the standaard DH was 500hp, wasnt that the selling point? the first mustang to be 500hp from factory?
In the US yes. Emission regulations here and in EU neuters it a little.

DH offers a lot more than just the horse power which in the US is also only 14HP more than a GT. Its not about the power. Its about track focus, exclusivity, extra cooling, and that Tremec and Torsen diff.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the US yes. Emission regulations here and in EU neuters it a little.

DH offers a lot more than just the horse power which in the US is also only 14HP more than a GT. Its not about the power. Its about track focus, exclusivity, extra cooling, and that Tremec and Torsen diff.
i personally could never tell the difference but reducing the kw is not good,

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
i personally could never tell the difference but reducing the kw is not good,
Oh yeah I agree. It would have been good to have all 500HP here for the DH. Would have been good to have the full 486HP for the GT as well. Instead the GT gets 465HP in Australia.

It is what it is. I''m just glad I can still buy a manual V8 in 2024. Hopefully by the time the warranty runs out I can unlock the full 500HP by putting some headers and a tune on the thing. I might not even bother either. Its not like I'd feel the difference either.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh yeah I agree. It would have been good to have all 500HP here for the DH. Would have been good to have the full 486HP for the GT as well. Instead the GT gets 465HP in Australia.

It is what it is. I''m just glad I can still buy a manual V8 in 2024. Hopefully by the time the warranty runs out I can unlock the full 500HP by putting some headers and a tune on the thing. I might not even bother either. Its not like I'd feel the difference either.
agree, with the camaros going electric ( if Im not mistaken)
a V8, manual, Petrol, is absolutely a dream

still cant believe how some/many true "drivers" can tolerate an auto!

N1T3MRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Yeah CarExperts article says its calibration and exhaust manifold. So by the time the warranty is gone, stick some Cooks headers on the thing, tune it and by then they will be unlocked.
Need to talk to the Minister for War and Finance, but leaning towards to staying with DH order, will try and be cheeky and ask for change in paint colour, and wait to see what Shelby brings out and go with one of their packages.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Need to talk to the Minister for War and Finance, but leaning towards to staying with DH order, will try and be cheeky and ask for change in paint colour, and wait to see what Shelby brings out and go with one of their packages.
By all means try it but as far as I know orders are now locked it and cant be changed.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Pre-orders can't possibly be "locked in" prior to the final specs and pricing being made public.

Ever since October 2022 (when holding deposit was paid) I have requested MagneRide and a rear wing spoiler.

Now, we officially know this combination (spoiler + OTT stripes in Appearance pack) WITH MagneRide is not possible. At no stage in the last 12 months has either of my dealers flagged this as being a problem.