• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
Yup. Even if it has options

I don't blame FA for a second. They need to know their buy price (at exchange rate) before they can put their markup on it.

Then they release prices.

I am just chilling waiting for more info.
Sponsored

gaznp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, Auto, Velocity Blue
Ford NZ........MY 24 GT 10sp, NZ $92,990 = AU $87,170.

Dark Horse MY 24 NZ$114,990 = AU 107,797.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
The $20k differential between the GT and Mach 1 Dark Horse seems about right bearing in mind inflation/FOX.
The Mach 1 was + ~$15k at the time, IIRC.

But ouch, if our pricing is anywhere near that.
A few DH peeps are going to be thinking real hard about that.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, awaiting allocation

Can't really do a direct comparison, converting NZ to AUD, you need to allow for different GST as well as LCT. If you work backwards I get $AUD 95,270 ex delivery and rego for DH and $AUD 83,306 ex delivery and rego for a GT using the NZD prices quoted above.

Used conversion of 0.94 AUD = 1 NZD, NZ has 15% GST to Aus 10%, and the 23-24 LCT threshold of $76,950.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto

Ford NZ$ pricing is largely irrelevant as it has always been grossly inflated to our Retail pricing resulting from currency, GST and Gov Policy differences etc.

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Yeah this was early in the thread also. the S550 pricing between NZ and AU wasn't a pure exchange rate and tax rate difference. NZ was further inflated.
looking forward to the new one sneaking in under the LCT thanks! lmao

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, awaiting allocation
Me too, I am (perhaps was) going to be a first time Ford customer, but the lack of info is truly atrocious. The competition does a much better job at customer relations

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
If you've been following the posts from newface, you may have noticed the latest.
US domestic market is balancing out Job #1 for December-January.
In other words, Job #1 is coming to an end.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule ford-scheduling-notes-10-09-23-1-

Considering our RHD builds are in November (I have already been advised of a Nov 13 build date), our first allocation RHD batch are towards the end of Job #1.

I'm wondering if the second allocations for Australia (supposedly soonish) will be in Job #2.

And that makes me wonder if it's worth cancelling the current order, and re-ordering to be in Job #2, where tweaks/improvements are made.

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
If Stangmodes car is anything to go by and my old car which was a cleveland built ecoboost (paint quality wise) i think most quality issues seem reasonable.
But any improvement will be better right?
I think we could see an 'everest' style pricing guide though.
Come with a new higher but fair price then bangit up a few notches each couple of weeks or cycles.
Worth keeping the build going, you can cancel up to which point?

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
If the car arrives and you're not happy with the build, you can reject it then.

I won't be cancelling mine. I agree with Arno_ecobeast that there well could be subsequent pricing adjustments if the $AU weakens.

Danstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I’m not really in the know when it comes to new car sales with cars that don’t even exist yet. But how can they assign a vin if the cars aren’t even made yet, on a ship yet or even aware of pricing? Usually if you have a vin it’s cos you have signed a contract that you are buying this car and if you decide to cancel. You lose your deposit?

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Hi Danstar

As I understand it a VIN is assigned when a production slot is assigned to your order. It’s the VIN associated with your order, because Ford AU has placed the order.

You pay a deposit subject to pricing etc. and after getting the pricing that you accept for example, but until you pay the balance for the vehicle you can pull out at any time and risk your deposit.

On delivery day when you’re meant to settle the payment balance if you’re not happy with any aspects of the vehicle you reject it. It’s then up to the dealer to fix the issues, or you may just negotiate to walk away and get your deposit back. Dealer has title to the vehicle and they carry it as stock and sell it to someone else.

Hope this makes sense. Happy to be corrected by anyone

BigCatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - MY24 Mustang GT Vapour Blue Black Pk 6MT
Hi Danstar

As I understand it a VIN is assigned when a production slot is assigned to your order. It’s the VIN associated with your order, because Ford AU has placed the order.

You pay a deposit subject to pricing etc. and after getting the pricing that you accept for example, but until you pay the balance for the vehicle you can pull out at any time and risk your deposit.

On delivery day when you’re meant to settle the payment balance if you’re not happy with any aspects of the vehicle you reject it. It’s then up to the dealer to fix the issues, or you may just negotiate to walk away and get your deposit back. Dealer has title to the vehicle and they carry it as stock and sell it to someone else.

Hope this makes sense. Happy to be corrected by anyone
The only caveat I’d suggest is that since these are pre-orders they will (or should) have a clause allowing the buyer to walk away with their deposit if they aren’t happy with the final price and/or spec. Otherwise I’d say everything you’ve written is correct. The only thing I’m surprised about is that there only seems to be one Aussie buyer here who has received a VIN and production slot. It is rumoured FoA are holding a couple of thousand deposits.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Agreed BigCatMan. I forgot to mention spec- that’s a condition in my contract.

I have a delivery date from Ford several weeks ago, and may well have a VIN but I haven’t bothered to chase. I’m pretty chilled about it all. My Dealer has been very communicative and whenever we’ve spoken he’s mentioned appreciation that I don’t hassle him. He’s done the right thing by me so far, so I just await his updates whenever they come
Sponsored