• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Interesting that manual DHs are less than 1/2 the total orders. I would have thought that the manual trans would be a significant reason for folks to get a DH. Even for the collectors I would think that a manual would be more desirable.
I think most enthusiasts, when they get familiar with the awesome 10Sp Paddle-Shift, consign the Manual to History.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree with you - cannot envisage production starting before Feb - hence not planning on having my DH manual before April.
Interesting about the allocations. Wonder if they'll call this MY24.5 or something like that.
They probably will call it the 24.5 like the MY21.5, and 2024 is also the 60th Anniversary. :)

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Not Mustang, but Ranger and Everest, where FoA have announced yet another price rise this year.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture.JPG

Ford is increasing prices across its Ranger and Everest ranges once again for 2024.
a Ford Australia spokesperson said:
These price adjustments for Ranger and Everest are a result of our regular evaluation of market conditions across our product portfolio, which take into consideration a number of different external factors such as currency and material cost considerations.
Source:
https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-ne...erest-prices-hiked-by-up-to-2490-in-australia

This well and truly sets the tone for where Mustang pricing is heading.
It will be interesting to see if FoA price gouge between 1st and 2nd Mustang allocations.

Brace yourselves!
For those who never payed attention during the safety demonstration, this is the position you should take when your dealer eventually advises how much your Mustang will cost!

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule nintchdbpict000397085815-e1523030640932

:lipssealed:

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mustang, but Ranger and Everest, where FoA have announced yet another price rise this year.

Capture.JPG

Source:
https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-ne...erest-prices-hiked-by-up-to-2490-in-australia

This well and truly sets the tone for where Mustang pricing is heading.
It will be interesting to see if FoA price gouge between 1st and 2nd Mustang allocations.

Brace yourselves!
For those who never payed attention during the safety demonstration, this is the position you should take when your dealer eventually advises how much your Mustang will cost!

nintchdbpict000397085815-e1523030640932.jpg

:lipssealed:
I have not been watching Explorer & Everest Forums, however many members often seem be oblivious of the fact the FoA regularly monitor such forums to gauge buyer sentiment and Pricing Tolerance.

Unfortunately it only takes on or two strident yet ignorant and pessimistic individuals, irrationally and unreasonably talking the pricing UP (often bragging for various reasons), for FoA to arrive at a distorted perception of the Market, and its Pricing Expectations and Tolerance.

If this is the case, I sincerely hope this latest increase seriously backfires on FoA, and Everest and Explorer sales plumet.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If this is the case, I sincerely hope this latest increase seriously backfires on FoA, and Everest and Explorer sales plumet.
Yes, but there's always a steady stream of ego-driven muppets who will pay whatever it takes just to get something and have bragging rights.

A lot of 'Mericans complain about ADMs on Dark Horse, and yet they still keep paying them.
The obvious answer is to stop.

My mother (77 and still working!) is in retail, and like everyone that works in the sector has noticed things are quiet, real quiet. People just aren't spending like they used to, so it will be a balancing act to price the Mustang right.

But do they need to?
I think oversubscribed MY24 Mustang wait lists that the dealers are sitting on speaks louder that what is posted by randoms on Forums. The general mood of a Forum can be ignored, because it takes a bit more effort to give your details to a dealer, and probably lay down a deposit, than to post on a forum. Although expect DH order cancellations and possible "downgrades" to a GT.

And if a decision maker at Ford of Australia is reading this, I want a proper damn RHD centre console, thanks!

Dunno about the rest of you, but I'm looking at alternatives to spend my hard earned on, and I'm really liking the all-new MY24 Prado. (Yes, the Prado really is all-new). Two completely different vehicles, but money is money.

Last edited:

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I have not been watching Explorer & Everest Forums, however many members often seem be oblivious of the fact the FoA regularly monitor such forums to gauge buyer sentiment and Pricing Tolerance.

Unfortunately it only takes on or two strident yet ignorant and pessimistic individuals, irrationally and unreasonably talking the pricing UP (often bragging for various reasons), for FoA to arrive at a distorted perception of the Market, and its Pricing Expectations and Tolerance.

I don't know if Ford is reading these forums or not, but I will not be taken for a ride. I've already been waiting nearly 2 years for this car but in the end it's just a toy. If they try and take me for a ride I'll take note, avoid Ford for any future vehicle purchases and move on without a Mustang. Might even hit up Toyota for a Supra at that point.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know if Ford is reading these forums or not, but...
Highly unlikely.
Look at all the muppets who have tagged FoMoCo in random topics, or got baited in this classic thread.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture.JPG

And what tangible changes do you think a Social Media team will bring?
Their job is to promote and give the illusion they care.
Then have a look at how often they've responded.

It's like Youtubers attempting to increase engagement with "leave your comments below" blah blah.
Fact is, they couldn't give a shit.
They need the engagement for the algo though.

Not much engagement from this guy either.

If Ford were truly monitoring Forums, quality issues would have been fixed years ago.

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
I agree with all of the above. We pay a premium here and do not even have the handbrake on the correct side, and now that it will actually be a 'button' it will be a cardinal sin to keep it on the left hand side.
Im getting a bit impatient with Ford delaying without any sort of updates whatsoever. I think the media team will begin to engage around december to give the illusion of quick turn around time for the general public.
Anyway, if Ford launch this with some extra sauce straight up on price guide i will either look elswehere or just keep saving up for an S550 Mach1 with the tremec.
You either want my money or you begin to appeal to BMW owner money and then have a product sitting there. I was looking at the M240 Xdrive with the B58...
Also has babyseat friendly backseats, also large boot, stomping engine and tunable to well over 500hp and rear biased AWD... fuel efficiency is 8.0l combined cycle too!
So play funny buggers... lol

Spitball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicRS
I can only agree with the above sentiments. I have paid my deposit and would welcome the opportunity to get into a new Mustang. But not at any price, and not in a car that still seems to have some major quality control issue. If the price is too inflated, I will have no hesitation in walking away and spending my hard earned dollars on a car manufacturer that has better quality control, better customer relations and better communication skills. No matter how good the reputation of a vehicle, it doesn't justify the manufacturer and its dealerships treating potential customers with a degree of indifference. Lets see what happens in the next few weeks, but I am fast losing respect for and interest in the Ford motor company, and its products.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bearing in mind price & specs due "early October"...

I just got an SMS from a local dealer!

It was an invitation "to be among the first to experience the fully charged thrills of the all-electric Mustang Mach-E". Available for viewing and test drive Oct 7 - 12.

Other dealers in Brisbane are also promoting this on their individual websites.

I'd expect FoA and the dealers themselves to be concentrating solely on the Mach-E during this period.

To me, that suggests pricing/specs for the "real" Mustang will come after this Mach-E push.
And yes, that is no longer "early" October.

Any revised thoughts/rumors on timeline ?

ps
I have no interest in a fire in my garage, just waiting to happen! :giggle:

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a VIN.
Scheduled for Nov 13 build.

Anyone else?

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I have a VIN.
Scheduled for Nov 13 build.

Anyone else?
Wow, that's exciting. I haven't checked in with my dealer for a while. Was just waiting on pricing. I better check and see if I have a vin as well.

Just silly really if people have vins and cars, but no pricing. Lol
Sponsored