• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Just a basic GT A10 Auto in Atlas Blue, although I can add Magneride later, I am more of the old school preferring a more bone jarring experience to remind me of what I am driving. :)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought magnaride only made the ride harder, not softer.

I had my 2016 for 6 years and I often drove the newer models when mine was in for service. I always found they were a bit harsher in the suspension than mine.

For that reason I got magnaride on my 2022 so I could adjust for comfort or handling according to the occasion.

To me it only gets stiffer with no softer setting. Mines a daily drive so I need some comfort over Sydney's roads.

I'm used to it now but I definitely found the 2022 a little bit more hard core than the 2016 model.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought magnaride only made the ride harder, not softer.

I had my 2016 for 6 years and I often drove the newer models when mine was in for service. I always found they were a bit harsher in the suspension than mine.

For that reason I got magnaride on my 2022 so I could adjust for comfort or handling according to the occasion.

To me it only gets stiffer with no softer setting. Mines a daily drive so I need some comfort over Sydney's roads.

I'm used to it now but I definitely found the 2022 a little bit more hard core than the 2016 model.
I could be wrong, but my understanding is Magneride as you indicate, has various comfort to sport settings, the normal or default mode is softer - or better absorbs the bumps than the standard shocks.

Anyway, I am having second thoughts, and I probably will get them, as it seems the come with the Red Brembos.

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
I could be wrong, but my understanding is Magneride as you indicate, has various comfort to sport settings, the normal or default mode is softer - or better absorbs the bumps than the standard shocks.

Anyway, I am having second thoughts, and I probably will get them, as it seems the come with the Red Brembos.
If there is a softer setting I'd like to know, but I've even read the instructions and couldn't find anything.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If there is a softer setting I'd like to know, but I've even read the instructions and couldn't find anything.
Sorry, by "Softer", it would be more accurate to say Smoother - by actively adjusting and absorbing the bumps, with less jarring. Would that be more accurate?

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, ETA 6th Oct 2024
Looks like an S550 to my old squinty eyes

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Looks like an S550 to my old squinty eyes
there was a separate specific car next to the ranger 'mustang' , not ford performance, yesterday.
So 3 icons yesterday haha.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Looks like Ford has updated their website.
It no longer shows the old mustang in the performance tab.... grasping here
Obviously in the process of updating the website to include the "all-new" Mustang.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The latest Savage Geese video, although comparing a GT to the latest "Neesan" Z, praise the Mustang's MagneRide dampers.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
I’ve asked elsewhere but does anyone know if S650 will follow FM - FN designation in Australia.
White tail lamps?
Jumbo mirrors?
Can the front indicator be sequential?
GT faux petrol cap removed?
Wonder if drift brake will be deactivated.
I’d love a manual convertible - available in US, not sure why we can’t have it.
Also be interesting to see a number plate on the front of one.
thx

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE: Official Au Mustang Specs and Pricing Delayed to Early October 2023

Looks like "early October" at the earliest for FoA Pricing and Specs on the MY24 Mustang.
Ben Nightingale (the “Product Communications and Motorsport Manager for Ford Australia”) kindly responded to my enquiry on Facebook re anticipated timing for FoA Mustang Pricing & Specs:

"There are a variety of Australian homologation requirements that must be completed before spec is finalised and pricing can be set. This work was delayed due to production of US cars not beginning until last month. The target to get all of these details out to dealers and customer is early October. First cars are due to arrive in Australia in early 2024."

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve asked elsewhere but does anyone know if S650 will follow FM - FN designation in Australia.
White tail lamps?
Jumbo mirrors?
Can the front indicator be sequential?
GT faux petrol cap removed?
Wonder if drift brake will be deactivated.
I’d love a manual convertible - available in US, not sure why we can’t have it.
Also be interesting to see a number plate on the front of one.
thx
Personally, I have not heard anything regarding Model Designation for the Au S650 (I dont know if anyone else knows), and I hope they ditch the faux rear Petrol Cap, like the donor US car.

Judging by the Au "Gen 3 Supercars", (which are supposedly reflective of the road car appearance), White Tail lights should be continued into the MY24.

The Drift bake and Sequential Blinkers will have to be approved through ADR / Homologation, which apparently is yet to be done.

Last edited:

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE: Official Au Mustang Specs and Pricing Delayed to Early October 2023
Appreciate the update, Steve.
At least that puts to rest the last rumored date of 4th Sep, tomorrow! :curse:
Sponsored