• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Ford AU can just hurry up with specs and pricing... it can't be that hard. lol
I would bet:
Ecoboost - 1 variant - limited colors compared to us and high performance pack minus brembos
$59k+orc
GT - 1 variant with limited colors with high performance pack initially auto only
$75k+orc
Dark Horse - 1 variant - both transmissions
$guess... ($116k)
Sponsored

Spitball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicRS
Interesting to see the NZ pricing.

Not that far removed from what I was expecting to see here, which was high $80s drive away for the GT and mid $100s drive away for the DH.

I could be wrong, but I expect that Ford Australia will come out with pricing in the next week or so.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Interesting to see the NZ pricing.

Not that far removed from what I was expecting to see here, which was high $80s drive away for the GT and mid $100s drive away for the DH.

I could be wrong, but I expect that Ford Australia will come out with pricing in the next week or so.
Be careful of what you wish for - you never know what Ford exec'ts are watching. I for one, although I can easily afford a BMW or Merc, would definitely draw the line at anything anywhere near approaching $80K for a GT.

Just to recap, the parent Ford US pricing policy was only a Net US$150 increase for the MY24 GT over the 2023 GT for the equivalent of our Aust' Spec GT, which would also presumably reflect the Costing Pricing for Ford Au.

Therefore to anticipate a "High 80's" price ($15K increase) for our MY24 is not only absurd, but would be blatant Price Gouging. as our 2023 was $75K Drive away for the Auto in Premium Paint.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Just had a call from my dealer. They received 2 Dark Horse allocations. They have a list of about 20 orders.
I was first in the queue, so I have a Dark Horse with my name on it!
Now it's just a matter of hoping that the pricing isn't going to rain on my parade.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just had a call from my dealer. They received 2 Dark Horse allocations. They have a list of about 20 orders.
I was first in the queue, so I have a Dark Horse with my name on it!
Now it's just a matter of hoping that the pricing isn't going to rain on my parade.
Congrats !! Lucky Man ! Cheers!

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Congrats !! Lucky Man ! Cheers!
Cheers Steve! I'll save the big celebration till the pricing is released. I hope and pray it's not insane. I've been waiting for 18 months since my initial order. It would be super disappointing if they screw me over this late in the game. 🤞

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheers Steve! I'll save the big celebration till the pricing is released. I hope and pray it's not insane. I've been waiting for 18 months since my initial order. It would be super disappointing if they screw me over this late in the game. 🤞
I know what you mean, I never celebrate anything until it is completed - you never know what can get thrown at you. We just have to hope for the best, and hope FoA do not Price Gouge.

That said, as the US Dark Horse had only a $1400 (Au$2100) price increase over the 2023 Mach1, it should not be too much of a pricing shock (with any luck!).

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I know what you mean, I never celebrate anything until it is completed - you never know what can get thrown at you. We just have to hope for the best, and hope FoA do not Price Gouge.

That said, as the US Dark Horse had only a $1400 (Au$2100) price increase over the 2023 Mach1, it should not be too much of a pricing shock (with any luck!).
I agree. In the many local Aussie driving reviews I've read, most seem to place it at around 90k before onroads. Some place it between 90k and 100k. Time will tell.

Spitball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicRS
Dear Steve

Hopefully I am wrong. However, I understood that Australia is not going to get the base model GT. So when I run a semi-performance Auto GT model through the US configurator (with active exhaust, magneride, brembos, sound, heated / cooled seats etc) I get a price well over $50kUS. Then I add some extra cost for shipping to Australia and I am over $55US. On current exchange rates that comes to over $85AUD.

Then I looked at the NZ prices. There sole GT option (Auto & performance) comes to $87k after the exchange rate.

Now Australia might get a different configuration that could keep it under 80k or I might be well of on my calculations - which happens often.

So let’s hope I am both wrong on my assumptions and calculations.

And having worked with Ford US for a number of years, nothing I say here will affect the Australian pricing.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dear Steve

Hopefully I am wrong. However, I understood that Australia is not going to get the base model GT. So when I run a semi-performance Auto GT model through the US configurator (with active exhaust, magneride, brembos, sound, heated / cooled seats etc) I get a price well over $50kUS. Then I add some extra cost for shipping to Australia and I am over $55US. On current exchange rates that comes to over $85AUD.

Then I looked at the NZ prices. There sole GT option (Auto & performance) comes to $87k after the exchange rate.

Now Australia might get a different configuration that could keep it under 80k or I might be well of on my calculations - which happens often.

So let’s hope I am both wrong on my assumptions and calculations.

And having worked with Ford US for a number of years, nothing I say here will affect the Australian pricing.
Hi Spitball, I can see where your logic is coming from, however a direct pricing exchange rate comparison is a bit of a misnomer, as there are other factors involved.

As we already know both the Aust and US Pricing on the current MY22-3 Au Mustang, I would suggest the more accurate real world Pricing Indicator is the Net Price INCREASE (Pricing Policy) in the US car over the previous year - for the similar Spec / Configuration build to our cars. Our GTs have come with the "Premium" Spec, and the 401A Pkg, the (US$6,700) Performance Packages, Active Exhaust and the (US$1,000) B&O Audio System as standard spec.

Regarding the GT Premium Pricing (AU Spec), although there is a listed US$3650 Price Increase, if you delve into the revised options pricing, quite another pricing scenario is revealed.

Firstly US$1,000 of that price is a US specific "Gas Guzzler" TAX, not applicable to Australia.

Although Ford Au increased the current MY22.25 Pricing by $900, we could (should!) benefit from only a relatively minor price increase on the MY24, as whilst the host US GT has a US$2650 Price Increase (excluding the US Gas Guzzler Tax), this should be mostly OFFSET (theoretically) by the Price Reductions in other areas, including the GT Performance Package of US $1700. This has REDUCED from US $6700 to US $4995

In addition the 12.4" Digital Dash is now Standard across the Range, and the B&O 1000W Audio System (US $995 Option) has been absorbed into the 401A Package, which has increased by US$200, producing additional $800 savings.

In summary: GT Premium Price Increase = US $2,650
GT Performance Pkg Price REDUCTION = US $1,700 (as included with Aus Spec Mustang GTs).
B&O Audio Net Reduction = US $800
Total Saving: 1700 + 800 = 2500
Indicative Net Increase = 2650-2500 = US $150

The other key factor influencing pricing is the Exchange Rates - which impacts Every Imported Car.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally Flat Rock Mustang production is apparently ramping up, following a major Quality Control revamp ! Hopefully production will soon be back to "normal", with the end of the seemingly endless frustrating delays.

"........... With the pending launch of the all-new, S650 generation 2024 Ford Mustang, production of the outgoing S550 model at the Flat Rock Assembly plant in Michigan began to wind down in a big way back in April, after the last of the prior-gen models reportedly rolled off the assembly line that same month. However, that lull was partially caused by something other than the typical model year changeover and retooling process – rather, 2024 Ford Mustang production was impacted by quality reviews, which were recently implemented by The Blue Oval as a way to ensure that new vehicle launch kinks are worked out before deliveries begin. However, according to Ford’s latest sales report, Mustang production actually increased in the month of July, which could be a good sign for those waiting on one.

After building 893 Mustangs in April, 563 in May, and 2,682 in June, that number swelled to 4,349 in July – an increase of 1,667 units, or around 62 percent. Year-to-date, Ford has produced a grand total of 27,422 pony cars, though that number should grow quickly throughout the remainder of the year as production of the new S650 gets fully underway.

As Ford Authority previously reported, 2024 Ford Mustang production was initially cut back at the Flat Rock Assembly plant the week of April 24th, and it was down completely the week of May 1st. That pause was later extended an additional week as well........"

Ford Mustang Production Increased In July (fordauthority.com)

JWM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustangs yet
After hearing nothing, called the dealer myself today. Got told that even though I ordered on September 19th I was number 16 on the list (would have been good of them to tell me that when I ordered) and they only got 6 cars allocated to them. …

He said there might be another allocation but that’s not going to help being so far down the list.

Pretty hopeless, don’t know why Ford didn’t do a centralised order process if it’s this tight … and actually call people and tell them if they missed out 🙄

Oh well. I hope those here that get them enjoy.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
After hearing nothing, called the dealer myself today. Got told that even though I ordered on September 19th I was number 16 on the list (would have been good of them to tell me that when I ordered) and they only got 6 cars allocated to them. …

He said there might be another allocation but that’s not going to help being so far down the list.

Pretty hopeless, don’t know why Ford didn’t do a centralised order process if it’s this tight … and actually call people and tell them if they missed out 🙄

Oh well. I hope those here that get them enjoy.
Based on your avatar, we assume you're referring to a Dark Horse.
Hopeless, all the same.

The real question is, other than limiting supply in order to create an artificial premium, why isn't Ford Australia bringing more DHs in? Rhetorical question.

There's a chance albeit slim, 10 people will drop out (inflation, mortgage stress, dreamers, etc) and you may still get one.