• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 GT premium not starting

Rubys650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650
I have about 2400 miles on my gt premium. Just went outside to start it and it wouldn’t even crank. All the exterior and interior lights come on. The dash and infotainment system come on and are littered with warning and service lights. Tried starting it with the fob, then FordPass, and it partially cranks. I have seen other posts about this but am wondering if anyone has been able to fix it? Any ideas of what to do in the short term to get it running?
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
If you have a battery charger, put it on the battery. It's best if you can set it for about 10 amps over night. Looks like something ran the battery down or you have a battery failure.

OP
OP

Rubys650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650
Thanks both^. That was my next thought if it didn’t get started. Car ended up starting via remote start 45 minutes later—of course after roadside was already on their way.

New question, has Ford found the source of this issue? Have seen multiple different remedies listed on other pages.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks both^. That was my next thought if it didn’t get started. Car ended up starting via remote start 45 minutes later—of course after roadside was already on their way.

New question, has Ford found the source of this issue? Have seen multiple different remedies listed on other pages.
It seems like the first round of production have batteries that sulfated and not fully charging. This car has pretty good draw when off I'm sure

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I’m taking my car into the dealer this morning due to needing to be jump started twice in a two week period. I can provide an update after my experience getting service. 24 GT with 1,000 miles and purchased 9/30/23.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
While, as others have said, most likely battery. Granted one should not need but has anyone tried a reboot when they experience this type of issue? Since it seems to have enough power to start i’m wondering if rebooting (and or disconnecting the neg line from the batt for 30 seconds) helps reduce the wait time until start.

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Make sure its an AGM battery charger.
Thanks for your post dusman59. I had no idea that my 20+ yr old charger was damaging the battery. I'll buy the correct charger today! I've charged twice so far for a few hours @ 10 A.

"...voltage greater than 15 volts can overheat an AGM and generate enough pressure to pop its safety valve. That one-way valve is supposed to relieve excess pressure from the harmless gases that come when a battery’s charging. Too much voltage becomes too much pressure, and pop. Without an airtight seal, an AGM will dry out in hours. Then you’re in the market for a new AGM battery." - Interstate Batteries

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
All I know is my wifes Explorer kills batteries about once every 13-14 months- driven daily
I have had it into the dealer like 6 times trying to figure out why batteries dont last

No one can give me an answer- I know different car but I get the same symptoms when the battery gets low- warning lights exc. I have given up and now just look at replacing the battery every 12 months for $300 is normal maintenance

My wife loves the car - and I have been a Ford person all my life- but Im not happy

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I have about 2400 miles on my gt premium. Just went outside to start it and it wouldn’t even crank. All the exterior and interior lights come on. The dash and infotainment system come on and are littered with warning and service lights. Tried starting it with the fob, then FordPass, and it partially cranks. I have seen other posts about this but am wondering if anyone has been able to fix it? Any ideas of what to do in the short term to get it running?
Hey there! If you are still looking for assistance regarding your Mustang start-up concerns, I can take a closer look into this. Can you send us a PM with your VIN and the dealership name/location? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
All I know is my wifes Explorer kills batteries about once every 13-14 months- driven daily
I have had it into the dealer like 6 times trying to figure out why batteries dont last

No one can give me an answer- I know different car but I get the same symptoms when the battery gets low- warning lights exc. I have given up and now just look at replacing the battery every 12 months for $300 is normal maintenance

My wife loves the car - and I have been a Ford person all my life- but Im not happy
My dad's explorer started giving off warnings about low battery. Turns out it was the dashcam. We disconnected it to test and sure enough, the message never cam back. Even though the dashcam is supposed to turn off after x-minutes, looks like it continued to draw current.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I’m taking my car into the dealer this morning due to needing to be jump started twice in a two week period. I can provide an update after my experience getting service. 24 GT with 1,000 miles and purchased 9/30/23.
Hi there. This start-up concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mustang. Can you send us a PM with your VIN & dealer name/location? I’ll see how I can assist on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It seems like the first round of production have batteries that sulfated and not fully charging. This car has pretty good draw when off I'm sure
Mine was produced later July and sat for about 6 weeks.
As soon as I got it home, I put it on a charger/conditioner. It took a full night for the charger to be happy and done.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Providing an update on my vehicle being taken in for service today. The dealer tested the battery in my car, and confirmed a bad battery. New battery is installed, and all appears well.
Sponsored