• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

10k miles update

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
1800 since sept.

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Premium GT, Vapor Blue, Nite Pony Pkg
After about 4 months have racked up 10k and can say for the most part everything is good, had typewriters tic since new and CarPlay is relatively glitchy, but I do love the car,

IMG_2880.jpeg
That's a lot miles! Good for you! I have 3060 on mine 4 months. And I also love it.

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
I just passed 7k. Still good as the day I bought it.

thelostone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
8k miles here .since September …tick went away after using ceratec ..hasn’t been back since doing oil change without it

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
After about 4 months have racked up 10k and can say for the most part everything is good, had typewriters tic since new and CarPlay is relatively glitchy, but I do love the car,

IMG_2880.jpeg
What is typewriters tick?

OP
OP
INSANEMUSTANG9

INSANEMUSTANG9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
It’s a light intermediate engine tic, ford swears it’s normal.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
So is this something common to the Coyote in general and not just this revised 2024 one?
Yes, My 2018 had it form the start and still has it. I even had the dealership inspect and document that it is a normal noise, I also have oil analysis done and there has been no abnormal results, if my 2024 develops the noise I wont worry about but I will bring it in to have them document it.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
What is typewriters tick?
If it's one thing I have learned in my life, if you don't know what it is or what it sounds like, don't go looking for it if it's going to make you paranoid.

I had an 2nd gen 3.5 Ecoboost in my 2017 F-150. It was great up until someone mentioned cam phaser rattle on start-up and I started looking into it. For a while, I was paranoid for nothing. And when it finally showed up, it bothered me. Even though Ford says it's fine, the fact that the noise was not present for the first 50,000 miles that I owned/drove the vehicle, it bothered me. Luckily, I was able to get a Ford tech to hear it while my vehicle was still under the Ford Extended warranty and have it fixed.

I have heard about the typewriter tick for the Coyote's engine and came across it once or twice in a YouTube video, but tried not to home in on it seeing as it doesn't seem to cause any long-term issue with the engine.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
I need to get on the road more, lol. I just drive mine on the weekends, it’s fun to drive. I only have about 300 miles on mine. Been about two months almost.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)

IMG_2880.jpeg
I got a slight tic AFTER my first oil change at 1,200 miles. I used 1 container of Ceratec Liqui Moly and it went away almost immediately. Used Ceratec in my S550 too and it worked wonders on my Gen-1 Coyote. Had my S650 since August and currently at about 5K miles and drive as much as the weather allows me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
INSANEMUSTANG9

INSANEMUSTANG9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
I’ll have to try a can because you’re not the first to say that fixed it now.

JOEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 C8 ,
I got a slight tick AFTER my first oil change at 1,200 miles. I used 1 container of Ceratec and it went away almost immediately. Used Ceratec in my S550 too and it worked wonders on my Gen-1 Coyote. Had my S650 since August and currently at about 5K miles and drive as much as the weather allows me.
Same for me on my 2019, had the tic. I bottle of Ceratec cured the BBQ Tic.
Sponsored