• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ease of Entry/Exit Setting

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I found this setting for the driver's seat a few days ago, so I turned it on. It seem pretty neat that when you turn off the car, the seat is pulled way back for easy exit. It's almost too far as, upon entry, it's a bit difficult to precc the clutch to start the car and have the seat return to its normal position.
Today this stopped working - not entirely. Now upon shutdown the seat moves back about 1/2". Upon startup, the seat moves forward about the same.
I have tried turning the option on and off, but no change in results.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
It's supposed to move all the way back on key off, and back to your memory position on startup.

On my Mustang it doesn't work, it does the exit portion but never goes back to my memory position.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's supposed to move all the way back on key off, and back to your memory position on startup.

On my Mustang it doesn't work, it does the exit portion but never goes back to my memory position.
Do you have a saved position (1 out of the 3 available)? I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Do you have a saved position (1 out of the 3 available)? I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Fob 1 , fob 2, hmm.. although i don't regularly use the easy exit function on the times i have used it iā€™ve also ended up pushing the specific recall before i try to start, something about the seat moving about while iā€™m getting ready to go. Really aggravating when you get squashed up against the wheel when starting the car.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Fob 1 , fob 2, hmm.. although i don't regularly use the easy exit function on the times i have used it iā€™ve also ended up pushing the specific recall before i try to start, something about the seat moving about while iā€™m getting ready to go. Really aggravating when you get squashed up against the wheel when starting the car.
If you've got the fobs properly sync'd with memory recall buttons so that your memory settings are associated with the fob you use, then getting squashed will only happen if you push the wrong memory recall button. :)

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m talking about one of the three buttons on the driverā€™s door. My Fob has no such buttons.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
It's been working fine on mine so far. On entry I push the ignition once and let the seat move up to the memory position. Then at that point I push down the clutch, push the ignition button a second time, to start her up. Sorry I'm not much help with the specific problem you are experiencing.

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
I found this setting for the driver's seat a few days ago, so I turned it on. It seem pretty neat that when you turn off the car, the seat is pulled way back for easy exit. It's almost too far as, upon entry, it's a bit difficult to precc the clutch to start the car and have the seat return to its normal position.
Today this stopped working - not entirely. Now upon shutdown the seat moves back about 1/2". Upon startup, the seat moves forward about the same.
I have tried turning the option on and off, but no change in results.
Do you have the memory buttons on the door? There are three on ours that my wife and I programmed for each of us. When I open the door
Iā€™m talking about one of the three buttons on the driverā€™s door. My Fob has no such buttons.
My understanding is that you can sync each fob to one of the three buttons youā€™ve already programmed. That way, when you unlock using a particular fob, the seats will move back to give more entry room and then when you close the door/start up, the seat will automatically adjust according to the fob your using. Our Infiniti worked this way.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you've got the fobs properly sync'd with memory recall buttons so that your memory settings are associated with the fob you use, then getting squashed will only happen if you push the wrong memory recall button. :)
Correct, itā€™s usually the here take my key that causes the squash. Sometimes having to adjust (hit the proper recall) just to get in and then oh no no stop when you hit the power button ride aint exactly the one one was particularly interested in when taking the key.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed, although who gets fob 3 (just a question regarding mem 3).

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Agreed, although who gets fob 3 (just a question regarding mem 3).
I only received two key fobs with my car.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)