• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang GT Premium 400A vs 401A Interior Seating Questions

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Was curious what the difference is between the Mustang GT Premium 400A and the 401A seats? I think I read somewhere that the 400A - the 'base' GT Premium seats are a blend of synthetic leather and real leather whereas the 401A seats are real leather? Not sure if synthetic leather means it's the active X material Ford uses that's blended with real leather or not?

I've never sat in a GT Premium only a base GT which of course has the cloth interior which IMHO is pretty nice. I know the GT premium adds the ventilated seats so it looks like the seats have little holes in them I'm assuming for the ventilation function? Anyway just wondering if anyone has experience with both the 400A and the 401A seats and can comment on the differences. Would both the 400A and 401A hold up well over time? I have a GT on order with the 301A package so the seats are cloth but I'm debating whether it might be worth it jumping to the Premium GT with 400A pkg.

One other question I have is would it be easier to get someone into the back seat with the manual seat on the passenger side or a power seat? I'm sure we would have to move the front passenger seat up a little for someone to get back there.

Any input would be greatly appreciated:)
Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Typically the 401A has memory seating, heated mirrors and other nicer interior trim parts, and technology but as far as the seats the 401A is real leather and 400A is fake leather. Call it whatever you wantā€¦ blended leather, vegan leather, synthetic leatherā€¦ itā€™s fake leather. The holes are for the heat/ventilation in the heated and cooled seats.

As for getting people in the back seats, usually I power the driver seat all the way forward allowing them to easily get in the back; then I simply use the memory functions in the 401A to get my seat back to exactly where it was. Get the 401A, itā€™s well worth it.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I'm not a leather seat kinda guy and almost skimped on the 401A, I am so glad I added it. Interior look and feel is worth it, much less cheap plastic, a lot more wrapping and cushion, really adds a quality to the interior that IMO Mustang never had. If you are debating it, get it or regret it. I know I would have

Oh yeah and if you have the means, get the Premium without a doubt

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I'm not a leather seat kinda guy and almost skimped on the 401A, I am so glad I added it. Interior look and feel is worth it, much less cheap plastic, a lot more wrapping and cushion, really adds a quality to the interior that IMO Mustang never had. If you are debating it, get it or regret it. I know I would have

Oh yeah and if you have the means, get the Premium without a doubt
Did you check out the seats and interior in a 400A pkg GT Premium as to compare it to the 401A seats and interior? I've only found base GT's with the cloth interior around me and one's with the 401A pkg. I really would like to compare the 400A interior to the 401A.

The one issue I have with jumping to the GT Premium as that it pushes you to a 19" wheel which I'm not a big fan of and I'm really no liking the wheels that come on both the 400A and 401A pkg. Ideally I'd like the base 18" wheels with an upgraded interior.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Did you check out the seats and interior in a 400A pkg GT Premium as to compare it to the 401A seats and interior? I've only found base GT's with the cloth interior around me and one's with the 401A pkg. I really would like to compare the 400A interior to the 401A.

The one issue I have with jumping to the GT Premium as that it pushes you to a 19" wheel which I'm not a big fan of and I'm really no liking the wheels that come on both the 400A and 401A pkg. Ideally I'd like the base 18" wheels with an upgraded interior.
No I ordered the car back in April without seeing anything in person. Personally I would have liked to get the cloth seats in Premium, though now having the vented leather, I love em. I refrained from checking dealers for 8 months. I wanted my first real sight to be my car. It Exceeded All expectations.

I leaned toward the base at first too because the stock wheels on the Premium I did not like, except I added Nite Pony and I love the 19"s in black. Not to mention all the other extras that go with the Premium +401A, too many to mention.

I was trying to spec out and cut corners cause I am more a base guy, all I really cared about was body style and 486HP. My adult son kept on me not to skimp and I am so glad he did. I don't need a lot of the Premium + 401A extras, but I am so glad I got them, I know I would have regretted it with a Base. Still a beast of a Mustang, though In my opinion, if you can afford the upgrade go with it. Better to have too much than not enough IMO

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I was hesitant there for a bit after we ordered ours. Got bored one day and noticed an option I hadnā€™t originally noticed (wheels). When viewed ā€˜liveā€™ the comparing online representation (configurator) is severely lacking. Swapping wheels is a lot easier than swapping interiors.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
I was hesitant there for a bit after we ordered ours. Got bored one day and noticed an option I hadnā€™t originally noticed (wheels). When viewed ā€˜liveā€™ the comparing online representation (configurator) is severely lacking. Swapping wheels is a lot easier than swapping interiors.
You noticed an option on your car you haven't noticed. (Wheels).

Well glad your car came with wheels. That drives much easier.

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Mustang GT Premium 401A 6 Speed
I've had 3 GT Premium Mustangs (2015, 2020 & 2024) with the 401A option and I can tell you that the only part of the seat that is leather is the part your butt sits on and the part that your back touches. The rest of the seat (bolsters and so on) are fake leather. Ask me how I know.....

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I've had 3 GT Premium Mustangs (2015, 2020 & 2024) with the 401A option and I can tell you that the only part of the seat that is leather is the part your butt sits on and the part that your back touches. The rest of the seat (bolsters and so on) are fake leather. Ask me how I know.....
So you must still think the 401A package's are worth the price of admission though if you've had three of them. So I guess the 400A package just has more vinyl than the 401A as they say the seats are a blend of some sort...

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Mustang GT Premium 401A 6 Speed
I do.... I would suggest you do a side by side comparison of the two at a dealership. So you can see the differences first hand. I would get a 401A over a 400 any day...

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
Typically the 401A has memory seating, heated mirrors and other nicer interior trim parts, and technology but as far as the seats the 401A is real leather and 400A is fake leather. Call it whatever you wantā€¦ blended leather, vegan leather, synthetic leatherā€¦ itā€™s fake leather. The holes are for the heat/ventilation in the heated and cooled seats.

As for getting people in the back seats, usually I power the driver seat all the way forward allowing them to easily get in the back; then I simply use the memory functions in the 401A to get my seat back to exactly where it was. Get the 401A, itā€™s well worth it.
Everything @Crew4991 has said is spot on. If you're getting a premium, it's because you're opting for 401A specifically. I really like 301A as a good alternative and the best bang for your buck and you still get them heated. They have more premium features and a more quality feel than the base 300A cloth seats.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Everything @Crew4991 has said is spot on. If you're getting a premium, it's because you're opting for 401A specifically. I really like 301A as a good alternative and the best bang for your buck and you still get them heated. They have more premium features and a more quality feel than the base 300A cloth seats.
Thank you! From what I can tell from other messages, the way OP wants their car to be spec'd probably falls into either the 301A like you said or 400A at most. I personally think 401A is well worth it based on what it all includes but it is a crazy expensive option so probably not worth it to OP.

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Yes indeed I feel the 301A is a great option for me as that's the way I have it ordered. I do really like the seats in the Premium but I'm not in love with the 19" wheels. I really would like to be able to compare a 400A car with a 401A car but I haven't seen any 400A cars around me unfortunately.

I'm in the Metro Detroit area and it seems like all the premiums around here are 401A. I will say the 401A pkg looks great but honestly I'm not sure it's worth the extra coin for me. That's why I figured it might be worth looking into the 400A as a compromise but I'm not even sure if that would be worth it over the 301A.

Heck I just recently changed my order from an EB w/101A to the GT w/301A, lol. I was all set to jump to an EB premium but then I figured what the heck I might as well jump to a GT so I guess that's where I'm at right now. I do plan to keep this car for 10+ years so I want to make sure I make the right decision and that it'll be something I can live with for that long:)

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
Yes indeed I feel the 301A is a great option for me as that's the way I have it ordered. I do really like the seats in the Premium but I'm not in love with the 19" wheels. I really would like to be able to compare a 400A car with a 401A car but I haven't seen any 400A cars around me unfortunately.

I'm in the Metro Detroit area and it seems like all the premiums around here are 401A. I will say the 401A pkg looks great but honestly I'm not sure it's worth the extra coin for me. That's why I figured it might be worth looking into the 400A as a compromise but I'm not even sure if that would be worth it over the 301A.

Heck I just recently changed my order from an EB w/101A to the GT w/301A, lol. I was all set to jump to an EB premium but then I figured what the heck I might as well jump to a GT so I guess that's where I'm at right now. I do plan to keep this car for 10+ years so I want to make sure I make the right decision and that it'll be something I can live with for that long:)
If you're in metro detroit, Russ Milne Ford I believe has all the different packages 300A, 301A, 400A and 401A on their lot at the moment.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

400A on the S550 was real leather on the seat facing but not the bolster, 401A was a higher quality leather. Assume S650 is the same?

It is really easy to tell leather from fake / vinyl / synthetic leather. Press with a finger and real leather creases around the finger impression, synthetic products don't. Ford brand their synthetic leather 'Sensico' in Europe, but not sure about US
Sponsored