• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How many are regretting

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
My GT is my daily driver. I love it. Can’t wait to supercharge it!
I seldom drive mine. In weeks still have only under 400 miles on it and it is due for a new temporary tag. Anyone else having a long wait on their tag?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Stratman397 Very sorry to hear about the experience you and your hubby are having with the new 2024. Personally, I truly think Ford's quality went to crap due to the pandemic era challenges the company faced and for the foreseeable future I do expect most Ford vehicles to continue being the leader of the most recalls. My 2016 has held up well as I baby the thing but it had its own problems earlier (you probs had similar issues with yours) when it was only a few years old. Got those kinks sorted out and it has been wonderful now. Sadly, I am convinced that the older S550 mustang models (those built pre pandemic) will have a much better chance standing the test of time for reliability and quality than the newer ones will.

All this to say, I really hope you and hubs get some enjoyment out of the new 24 mustang you have soon. I remember seeing your initial posts a while back when you took delivery of the car and you were super excited. The best advice I could offer you is to try and enjoy the mustang as best as possible and utilize that bumper to bumper warranty religiously so that you can enjoy the car. Let Ford fix their crap so that you can be a happy owner. When in doubt... you have the new model and can always sell it as it still is a highly desirable new model that others will want to have. That way you can get into a 2023 of your choice.
Thanks! I did call up there the other day, to check on a new 2023, and they wouldn’t even tell me what they were going to give me for mine, but he said it was nowhere near what I paid for it😭

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you not get dealer to fix it or get you another car?

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I don't have my car yet, but I sat in one at the dealership. Getting the seat where it was comfortable had the steering wheel blocking the upper half of the screen. I love my steering wheel low, though, so that probably plays a role.
I don’t use that screen on mine at all. I keep either the radio screen on it or the mustang screen where I can spin it around when I am bored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Thanks! I did call up there the other day, to check on a new 2023, and they wouldn’t even tell me what they were going to give me for mine, but he said it was nowhere near what I paid for it😭
Of course... typical dealer. Their philosophy: Its now a used car so it depreciated 20% when you drove off our lot but if we take it back we will try to sell it for more than new MSRP due to market demands and adjustments. 🙄

Definitely see what you could get if you sell privately should you decide to want a 2023.
I am sure the 24 will sell fast if you sold privately. The new 2024 GTs are the new design style and a hot car right now. Plus the whole car shortage thing, dealer added markups and whatnot.. you have a nice spec 24 GT so you might be able to come close to what you paid for it with the right buyer privately. I am sorry you are feeling this way.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you wanted a Mach 1, you needed to start looking in 2021. Most dealers didn’t even know what they were and the supply chain issues were ridiculous.
I have found quite a few of them now for sale

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only real complaint i'm reading here is the lack of a few LEDs for interior lighing, everything else is other people's opinion and impression.
I can understand regretting buying a car when you end up having trouble with it, but from what i'm reading in your comment, you could have easily seen all this before signing the papers and not buy it.
No, as I did not know it did not have those lights until night time. The only one I had read on here that said they did not have a light was in the cupholders

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only real complaint i'm reading here is the lack of a few LEDs for interior lighing, everything else is other people's opinion and impression.
I can understand regretting buying a car when you end up having trouble with it, but from what i'm reading in your comment, you could have easily seen all this before signing the papers and not buy it.
Also, you have to remember I only have about 400 miles on mine. I have had one time where it has come up that it needed. Serviced soon.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m finding it hard to believe that folks have brand new beautiful cars but are carping over the placement of a couple of interior lights to the extent they wish they hadn’t bought the car. I mean really?

If I reach the point where I can’t reholster my drink into the cup holder without taking my eyes off the road to look for a light, there‘s a good chance I’m gonna surrender my keys.
And I think you read it wrong! The lighting is something I said they should’ve put in them. I don’t need lights down by my feet when I’m driving. They should’ve put him in the places they need to be! I have got 400 miles on my car in seven or six weeks. It’s not my daily driver I’ve got five vehicles to choose from to drive. I’m looking at all the problems. People are having, I’ve already had one problem in 400 miles that luckily has not happened since, what other kind of problems am I gonna have on down the road? So your remark kind of sounds like you’re very arrogant. I can tell you right now that I paid the same amount of money for a 2022 Audi A5 convertible, that was built professionally. It has real wood in it. It was a fast little car, but I always wanted another Mustang. I also wanted a manual. If my Audi had a manual in it, I would’ve still had it

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve got to be honest here, on any of these forums you tend to see more bitches and complaints than positive. Go on the John Deere forum and you would think by just reading that all the tractors are falling apart coming out of the factory. Same with the F-150 forum. Yes, some have problems, but the majority of builds do not. Buy what you want, and take with a grain of salt the posted negative comments.
John Deers are not built the way they used to be, we had our first one for years. The second one fell apart within about eight years or less, so this last time, my husband spent the money and got him a nice one couldn’t tell you what brand it was but it’s a very expensive tractor. Unfortunately Younger generations, work performance has gone downhill, I don’t mean all but probably 3/4 or more of them. At my age I can run circles around teenagers that’s pretty sad and I gave 150% working and I always have.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve got to be honest here, on any of these forums you tend to see more bitches and complaints than positive. Go on the John Deere forum and you would think by just reading that all the tractors are falling apart coming out of the factory. Same with the F-150 forum. Yes, some have problems, but the majority of builds do not. Buy what you want, and take with a grain of salt the posted negative comments.
Or learn from it!

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
We dont regret the purchase but there are certainly things that are flat out design flaws as well as things that need to be improved. We have both, my wifes phone and mine synced, but the system always defaults to hers and I have to go through the process of selecting mine every time. To get your basic audio up should be a basic thing, but its not, way to much of having to navigate through the system to get your audio up. The entire navigation of the screens is disjointed, some of its straightforward but other things way to complicated for the end result and there really isn't solid tutorials from ford on how to. They provide small pieces, but not the entire system.

I've posted this to this to this Forum regarding the inner wheel well opening that collects gravel and debris from the front tires flinging things into these openings. It doesn't seem to bother most? These openings are damaging a very vulnerable spot in your cars under chassis. I challenge all to find another automobile manufacturer that has similar openings - I doubt very much you will, the reason why, it's so basic.

We do enjoy driving our GT convertible, If I knew what I know now I think we would have waited for hopefully a next year or two to have straightened out some things.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of course... typical dealer. Their philosophy: Its now a used car so it depreciated 20% when you drove off our lot but if we take it back we will try to sell it for more than new MSRP due to market demands and adjustments. 🙄

Definitely see what you could get if you sell privately should you decide to want a 2023.
I am sure the 24 will sell fast if you sold privately. The new 2024 GTs are the new design style and a hot car right now. Plus the whole car shortage thing, dealer added markups and whatnot.. you have a nice spec 24 GT so you might be able to come close to what you paid for it with the right buyer privately. I am sorry you are feeling this way.
We have a bunch of them here for sale, but I know a used dealer in North Carolina, And he bought my audi from me for about $6000 more than any of the car dealers or anyone else would give me. It was in immaculate condition, and the owners of it now love it

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so where it leaking , i dont recognize that area had mine 2weeks now but its garage kept hasnt seen rain yet maybe it should to check!! is this common i have the convertible top and i know they leak at times! my 07 rear quarter panels use to fill with water and then the rear seat would absorb it the drain holes used to get leaves and stuff in them thnks
I am like you, I have a convertible as well, and have not taken mine out of the garage into the rain either, but I think I’m going to have too, to make sure I e also doesn’t leak.
Sponsored