• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How many are regretting

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Loving my 2024 so far! Much better than I thought it'd be and I had really high hopes! šŸ˜€
Sponsored

ProdiGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler, Ford F150
No regrets so far, only have 350 miles on it tho. Itā€™s a blast to drive, the only thing that annoys me is sometimes when I turn up or turn down the volume while on wireless apple car play, I get the occasional buzz noise that only last a second. I love the screens, I have a base GT and I think the two separate screen look great. Wasnā€™t sure because of pictures but in person they look great. I put a pic for reference.

S650 Mustang How many are regretting IMG_0177

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I've had a rule for most of my life to never buy the first model year of a vehicle or new generation of a vehicle. I was really close to ordering a '24 and violating my rule. But the more I read about various problems makes me think I may hold out for a '25. Some of these issues are reminding me of the first year of the new Bronco. I really hope we don't get that level of problems, but we'll see.

jimsgunshop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 MUSTANG ECOBOOST PREMIUM YELLOW SPLASH

so where it leaking , i dont recognize that area had mine 2weeks now but its garage kept hasnt seen rain yet maybe it should to check!! is this common i have the convertible top and i know they leak at times! my 07 rear quarter panels use to fill with water and then the rear seat would absorb it the drain holes used to get leaves and stuff in them thnks

jimsgunshop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jimsgunshop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i heard they cancelled yellow splash for 2024 and not allowing avy 2023 orders now either? is that true

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Even with the smoking issue on startup I am not regretting the purchase at all. I live the refresh and the tech. It was just what I was looking for. Iā€™m sure the car will be fixed for the smoking issue on startup and this will be a small bump in the road as far as issues. Any complaints I have look to me like they could be resolved with OTA updates for screens/software

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
i heard they cancelled yellow splash for 2024 and not allowing avy 2023 orders now either? is that true
Colors are pretty restricted on the Dark Horse. In my case, I got to pick from one shade of red and it's pretty loud. The interior brings back the old Ford saying. You can have the model T in any color you want as long as it's Black. I probably would have wanted different colors but I can live with the ones I have though black may be a bit warm in the Arizona summer heat. By the time my car was delivered we were over the worst part of the summer so I will have to wait till next summer to judge that.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I'm happy with the car overall. As far as the lighting goes cup holder rings would be nice as well as a glove box light and better lighting in the trunk as well. I rarely use the glove box or trunk though. I was kind of surprised by how many groceries I could fit in there one day when I didn't feel like driving the daily driver so the trunk is more usable than I was expecting. My only complaint so far is the lag in the screens sometimes. I have never reset it if that would help. It's usually pretty snappy. I would also say the car would be better to own in certain areas. I live in Saint Louis and while there are plenty of good roads to cruise on, I haven't found many good roads for spirited driving without driving at least 20 or 30 minutes just to get them. I'm in a quiet and safe neighborhood and have a food truck garden and some of the best pizza imaginable 3 minutes from my house so I can't complain too much.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I said from the get go, probably was a bad decision. My husband had bought a new model of pilot. I had a 2015 and my hubby got the 2016 new model, nothing but problems with it. They say it is never good to get a new model car! So many people are having problems and they made a fun car to drive very cheaply. There are places that should have lights that donā€™t and I donā€™t feel it is, the ā€œcarā€ that Ford made it sound out to be. Next year I am sure it will be built much better as they will have the bugs out of it
@Stratman397 Very sorry to hear about the experience you and your hubby are having with the new 2024. Personally, I truly think Ford's quality went to crap due to the pandemic era challenges the company faced and for the foreseeable future I do expect most Ford vehicles to continue being the leader of the most recalls. My 2016 has held up well as I baby the thing but it had its own problems earlier (you probs had similar issues with yours) when it was only a few years old. Got those kinks sorted out and it has been wonderful now. Sadly, I am convinced that the older S550 mustang models (those built pre pandemic) will have a much better chance standing the test of time for reliability and quality than the newer ones will.

All this to say, I really hope you and hubs get some enjoyment out of the new 24 mustang you have soon. I remember seeing your initial posts a while back when you took delivery of the car and you were super excited. The best advice I could offer you is to try and enjoy the mustang as best as possible and utilize that bumper to bumper warranty religiously so that you can enjoy the car. Let Ford fix their crap so that you can be a happy owner. When in doubt... you have the new model and can always sell it as it still is a highly desirable new model that others will want to have. That way you can get into a 2023 of your choice.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Buying the first model year is always a risk. I think I'll wait for the refresh coming in maybe 2/3 years.
My husband did end up getting another one(it was his work car)in 2018 and it now has 141,000 miles on it. Not one problem with it

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I am disappointed they got rid of the cup holder lights and the should have a light where the wireless charger is as well but is what it is.
And for garage door openers(lights). At night, I have to put my hand up there and start feeling and counting