• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

At the very least, it's orders of magnitude better than the mistake that was the '18 refresh 😂
Yea, no. The DH looks like Ford polled a bunch of tweenagers about what a cool car looks like, then also had them design it. The ‘18 refresh is aesthetically better.
Sponsored

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Yea, no. The DH looks like Ford polled a bunch of tweenagers about what a cool car looks like, then also had them design it. The ‘18 refresh is aesthetically better.
The '18 refresh is a joke. The S650's return to cleaner headlight design is proof Ford was aware of that mistake. Let's agree to disagree on this one.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
It was a design choice for dark horse. They did it differently for the GT.

could easily have used the whole fascia or designed thedark horse grill to be attractive and not an aftermarket inspired pig nostrils setup.

it’s bad design.

I can think of why they did it. But I think they misread.

new Boss and Cobra will look more modern and integrated.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Just a better line than the actual...nice rendering btw.
Yeah, I agree. The stumpy taillights just look too small, and I don't like the line from the trunk going up to meet the taillights. It just doesn't flow right to me. I can understand the designers not wanting to do a blackout panel just to be different, but it does look great in this rendering paired with properly sized (in my eyes) taillights.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Do you say this with insider knowledge?
I'm reading between the lines and following historical precedent.

you look at the ‘93 Cobra. It had a cleaner design than the GT. Same with the Terminators. When the GT500 succeeded the Cobra, it was pretty integrated and clean as well. The Boss looked a little more “rowdy” but it the design really flowed, like the GT350, which was really gunning to be special in terms of design. The latest GT500 is a beautiful car as well, but really is only visually very different on the front end which I think was a mistake. Should have kept the fender vents from the 350 as a “Shelby family” feature. The Mach 1 is kind of a mashup. Looks a bit different from the GT, but with some odd round shapes in the aftermarket style grill (like the dark horse, only that car has RTR nostrils instead of round shapes) that do not flow with the rest of the car at all and a sticker package that you really need to be a fan of the original to appreciate. The Dark Horse is more Mach 1 than Shelby or Boss. It’s the “GT PLUS” car that doesn’t break the bank to build or sell. Later on, whether it’s Boss and Cobra or Shelby, we will see another level of engineering, performance, and design.

I almost wish Ford didn’t come out with a Dark Horse model as it feels like the GT is purposely limited a bit by its existence. Should have been the GT Percormance package imho. And the GT should have the dark horse engine across the board.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT with Premium and Track Package
I'm reading between the lines and following historical precedent.

you look at the ‘93 Cobra. It had a cleaner design than the GT. Same with the Terminators. When the GT500 succeeded the Cobra, it was pretty integrated and clean as well. The Boss looked a little more “rowdy” but it the design really flowed, like the GT350, which was really gunning to be special in terms of design. The latest GT500 is a beautiful car as well, but really is only visually very different on the front end which I think was a mistake. Should have kept the fender vents from the 350 as a “Shelby family” feature. The Mach 1 is kind of a mashup. Looks a bit different from the GT, but with some odd round shapes in the aftermarket style grill (like the dark horse, only that car has RTR nostrils instead of round shapes) that do not flow with the rest of the car at all and a sticker package that you really need to be a fan of the original to appreciate. The Dark Horse is more Mach 1 than Shelby or Boss. It’s the “GT PLUS” car that doesn’t break the bank to build or sell. Later on, whether it’s Boss and Cobra or Shelby, we will see another level of engineering, performance, and design.

I almost wish Ford didn’t come out with a Dark Horse model as it feels like the GT is purposely limited a bit by its existence. Should have been the GT Percormance package imho. And the GT should have the dark horse engine across the board.
I believe that the new GT 500 front was designed specifically for more airflow into critical cooling elements. More horsepower=more heat. So I think they had to design around those constraints.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I believe that the new GT 500 front was designed specifically for more airflow into critical cooling elements. More horsepower=more heat. So I think they had to design around those constraints.
I’m they had plenty of grille blocked off. Could have opened it more if needed. But they didn’t. The new ecoboost has more open grille.

the best thing done on the gt500 and new GT is to add the hood extractor to pull out hot, turbulent air.

if you’re talking about the vertical unique vents by the lights, those are not actually vents. Just a visual differentiator.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
All the way in glossy black for me :D

S650 Mustang Dark Horse S Mustang S650 in White -- First Look Photos dh alt.JPG
Sponsored