• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Upcoming FRAP downtime

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Just thought I'd pass this along.

Flat Rock Assembly Plant will be down the following weeks:

13 MAY 2024
01 JUL 2024
08 JUL 2024

All NA Ford assembly plants will be down the week of 01 JUL 2024, with several of the truck plants also being down that second week of July.
Sponsored

OP
OP
roadpilot

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lolz my scheduled build week is 13th May ...
Sorry, brother. It ain't getting built that week. We just received notice of this yesterday.

Spainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible California Special
Just thought I'd pass this along.

Flat Rock Assembly Plant will be down the following weeks:

13 MAY 2024
01 JUL 2024
08 JUL 2024

All NA Ford assembly plants will be down the week of 01 JUL 2024, with several of the truck plants also being down that second week of July.
Why?

OP
OP
roadpilot

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't specifically know why. I only know that Ford advised us that it will be down and releases will reflect that.

Spainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't specifically know why. I only know that Ford advised us that it will be down and releases will reflect that.
šŸ˜” sucks for those of us waiting. Basically backs long wait times up another 3 weeks. This is brutal. Dealer told me he thought My Mar 11 order would come early July. Havenā€™t even got my VIN. I might be lucky if I get it in August. Brutal for Canadians and Northen US who only get to drive seasonally šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

OP
OP
roadpilot

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, the 2 weeks in July is for annual shutdown. They do this so they can PM equipment that can't be running when they do it. They do this every year, but this is actually the first year in a long time where EVERY assembly plant in NA will be down together (that first week in July). A handful will be down that second week in July, and FRAP is one of them.

When I said I didn't know why, I was only referring to the week in May for FRAP.

Spainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, the 2 weeks in July is for annual shutdown. They do this so they can PM equipment that can't be running when they do it. They do this every year, but this is actually the first year in a long time where EVERY assembly plant in NA will be down together (that first week in July). A handful will be down that second week in July, and FRAP is one of them.

When I said I didn't know why, I was only referring to the week in May for FRAP.
Thanks for the info and didnā€™t mean to shoot the messenger! Lol

OP
OP
roadpilot

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info and didnā€™t mean to shoot the messenger! Lol
No worries, brother.

I ordered a GTPP. During the next couple of weeks, I managed to find an DH that was literally on the assembly line and was not someone's retail order. Took delivery 5 days later.

Spainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No worries, brother.

I ordered a GTPP. During the next couple of weeks, I managed to find an DH that was literally on the assembly line and was not someone's retail order. Took delivery 5 days later.
Amazing! Those Dark Horses are incredible!

Ya Iā€™ve been looking around the dealerships in the area. I like the California Package and not many around, all seem to be white that Iā€™m not too keen on

. Got a good deal too so likely just wait it out. Not much you can do sadly

Spainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Is it possible they could be fixing an issue and shutting down to change production?

know there was that issue with the open hole in the wheel well. Would be nice if they got that figured out. Seems to be a pain

OP
OP
roadpilot

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it possible they could be fixing an issue and shutting down to change production?

know there was that issue with the open hole in the wheel well. Would be nice if they got that figured out. Seems to be a pain
Very doubtful. Likely a financial decision related to sales or perhaps supply chain issues. They wouldn't schedule an entire plant to be idled for an entire week to address the wheel well liner.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
If they hadn't already made RHD cars for australia and a batch already for europe i'd of said it was preparation for UK builds.
Maybe its to do something about the back log of cars with paint black roof.

OP
OP
roadpilot

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they hadn't already made RHD cars for australia and a batch already for europe i'd of said it was preparation for UK builds.
Maybe its to do something about the back log of cars with paint black roof.
LHD vs RHD doesn't stop the plant. We ship LHD and RHD versions of our product all the time.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Well yeah that and they've already built a load already as i said so it's deffo not that.
Who knows what its for and at fairly short notice as well. I'd gotten to two weeks out from build.

High chances that my dealer will be clueless about this, and that it'll be another car to sail on past it's build date without actually being built or rescheduled
Sponsored