• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Trunk Mat options and trunk dimensions

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Curious if anyone here is using a trunk mat in their '24 Mustang? I want to get a trunk mat but I prefer a mat that is a soft rubber material so that's it's pretty grippy and things don't slide around on it. We actually have a Weathertech trimmable cargo mat that is really nice and was like $30 back in the day at Costco. My wife had it in her Edge and when she got her new Escape we were able to trim it to fit that as well.

Looking at the Weathertech website I was able to enter a vehicle so it sounds like it should be trimmable to fit. In the description it says:

53" wide by 36" long - can be trimmed to 41" wide by 27.5" long - I'm not sure what the actual dimensions are inside the Mustang trunk without subwoofer but hopefully this will indeed fit. I guess I could always 'borrow' the one from my wife's Escape when I get in my new Mustang and see how it fits but I really want to get all the accessories I need before I take delivery.

Here is a link to trunk mat I'm talking about:

https://www.weathertech.com/trim-to-fit-cargo-mat/
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I got one from the factory. I believe it was the exact same one that @DukeCLR referenced above. It was $130.

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I got the Ford trunk mat as well. Paid for it with FordPass points.
Do you have a subwoofer in your trunk? If not any chance you can take a few measurements for me? Maybe how wide it is and the depth, etc? I want to see if I can make the Weathertech mat work.

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
It looks like that is one for a trunk with subwoofer. I was hoping someone here has a mat for a trunk without subwoofer that would be kind and measure a few dimensions of it so therefore I could be sure the trimmable weathertech mat I posted would fit.
CJPony has the same one referenced above with or without sub. I have the sub, so I got that one. Looks and works perfectly well.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like that it says Mustang, the Weathertec one I have in my 2018 protects the trunk okay but it's not sticky and it doesn't say "Mustang?

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
Do you have a subwoofer in your trunk? If not any chance you can take a few measurements for me? Maybe how wide it is and the depth, etc? I want to see if I can make the Weathertech mat work.
I have the subwoofer.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
We have the weathertech and it fits perfect. Works great.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have the subwoofer.
Hi Sal-E, can you tell me if it's a big rubbery mat or more plastic like?

The one ford offered for the S550 was plastic and i didnt care for it. Before i order this one i want to make sure it's rubber.

Thanks

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The one ford offered for the S550 was plastic and i didnt care for it. Before i order this one i want to make sure it's rubber.

Thanks
It's rubbery.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red

Thanks
It's a hard rubber.