• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Towing

PHISPCL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2024
In case of towing. How does the tow truck driver tow my 2024 Mustang? Do I need to purchase a tow hook? if yes where and what's the cost. Thank you
Sponsored

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
In case of towing. How does the tow truck driver tow my 2024 Mustang? Do I need to purchase a tow hook? if yes where and what's the cost. Thank you
We just had our Acura towed and it didn't have a tow hook. They just wind up finding something underneath to hook to. It's no big deal. Many cars don't come with tow hooks.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
We just had our Acura towed and it didn't have a tow hook. They just wind up finding something underneath to hook to. It's no big deal. Many cars don't come with tow hooks.
But if the front fascia is too low to the ground, hooking to something underneath can result in the cable being at an angle that won't clear the fascia.

You've never seen a low profile car have the front fascia damaged by a clown tow truck driver who doesn't know what he's doing? I have.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
But if the front fascia is too low to the ground, hooking to something underneath can result in the cable being at an angle that won't clear the fascia.

You've never seen a low profile car have the front fascia damaged by a clown tow truck driver who doesn't know what he's doing? I have.
Can they latch it facing rearward?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Can they latch it facing rearward?
I'm not saying the GT or even DH is too low. I'm just saying in general.

I've seen cars damaged being pulled both ways when they are super low to the ground and the tow operator hooks up underneath the frame instead of an external tow hook. It's all about geometry.

What I can say is my DH came with a front tow hook.